Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Do you wear KM clothing outside of training?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    jburtonpdx

one for the gym because it will be sweat soaked, and a very smelly shirt from working out hard.

Ive always considered that one of the natural defenses from Krav. After class Im so worn out and beat up that I can barely drag my butt to the car. Well the way that I smell after class nobody would dare get near enough to be a threat to me..

I suppose its also punishment to my kids when they end up riding home with me.

oldkravdude

As a school owner I say……Please wear those t shirts 24/7!! To work, to school, to bed!!! There is no better advertising than having all you studs and studettes out in the community as walking billboards!

super-b

The Krav pants are really comfortable, I love to know around in them.

super-b

The Krav pants are really comfortable, I love to knock around in them.

unstpabl1

I try never to wear any martial art tshirts anywhere outside of class, but I admit I do once in awhile. Its not a matter of pride or fear, but strategy. I don’t want you to know shit about my ability to fight back. I want the element of suprise. I don’t even like to talk about training to friends. It always seems to lead to silly stuff. People always seem to have one of 2 reactions, both that are detrimental in my opinion. 1) they end up thinking your somesort of badass jackie Chan and start writing checks with your body. 2) they feel the need to test you to various degrees

I have a buddy, a huge Germany SF guy bounces at Strip clubs. Guys always want him to like spar or play fight. He doesn’t ever play fight, because he knows guys are just testing him. When it comes to a fight, he’s very unpredictable and very violent. He doesn’t give you a chance. And he doesn’t want anyone to know shit about what he knows, because he values his life. This guy is a BTDT guy, whose been involved in the worst end results of street fights and violence. I trust his instincts on this stuff

Its not the guy intimidated by your uniform you have to worry about. Its the guy who doesn’t care about your training. But he was the guy likely to attack you anyway. You just gave him a warning shot or worse leaflets 😆

maskedkat

\”Ive always considered that one of the natural defenses from Krav. After class Im so worn out and beat up that I can barely drag my butt to the car. Well the way that I smell after class nobody would dare get near enough to be a threat to me..\”

This is a little embarassing… I had to run into the grocery store after class the other night. The cashier asked me if it was raining outside! Well, at least I guess I didn’t reek too badly or she wouldn’t have had to ask.

bradm

legrreta95,
    Glad you like my signature line \”I love this stuff\”. I see your location as Marietta, GA. Do you by any chance train at Droege’s Academy on Powder Springs road?

legarreta95

Re:

quote \”BradM\:

legrreta95,
    Glad you like my signature line \”I love this stuff\”. I see your location as Marietta, GA. Do you by any chance train at Droege’s Academy on Powder Springs road?

I do Brad, However I hadn’t had many chances to go as of late with with me being stationed in New Orleans (and I miss those beatings from Jack & Clint so much lol). The name sounds very familer Brad, just trying to place a face with the name (Charles here BTW).

veganmark

I have a Krav Maga shirt that has a different branding on it than the shirt I wear to class. I wear all sorts of KM stuff including a baseball cap and sweatshirt. I love it when people come up to me and ask questions or start discussing krav maga and where I take instruction.

bradm

legarreta95,
    You say stationed in New Orleans, are you military?

I think Droege’s is a very good school. I continued my TKD training there when I moved to Powder Springs in September 1992. As soons as Jack and Master Droege became cerrtified KM instructors, about 4/5 years ago, I started KM with them. They both are awesome instructors, I think. Jack can really lay it one you in class that’s for sure. I was in the first level-1 class to test for level-2. What a killer that was.

Charles, your name sounds familiar, but I can’t put a face to it. I moved to Orlando in November 2005. If you were training there before then, we may have met in class. I was the old, grey headed guy there. Jack (Mr. Kisner)) and many of the students called me \”Mr. Menhorn\” instead of Brad. I told Jack to call me Brad and he said I will always be Mr. Menhorn to him out of respect from our days in TKD days I guess.

I know Jack and Clint got into MMA. The last I heard they were both undefeated for their first few fights. I remember during sparring, I held my own pretty good with Clint. But Jack, that was a different story. He could clean my clock anytime he wanted to. Glad he opted to take it easy on this old man. 😆

Take care my friend. Maybe we’ll run into each other at Droege’s someday. I try to stop by there everytime I’m in the Marietta area.

legarreta95

BradM

Yes at military.

I started in Nov right about the time you were leaving, the last name REALLY rings a last name. Both Jack and Clint are doing awesome in MMA (the promoter for Jacks second fight had to scramble and find another fighter to face him cause the guy he was supposed to fight backed out after watching a tape of his first fight lol).

Take care my friend

legarreta95

oops, meant to say last name REALLY rings a bell…OMG ya had to mention the level 1 to level 2 test, all I can say is ouch lol

chevkravdet

Hey all. Interesting topic. Something I thought about years ago when I started training. Wondered the same thing. Never once have I had any issues w/ it. I find that it’s generally a conversation piece. The only things that have ever been said to me are people asking me about Krav and then I get my chance to get on my soap box and promote it. I have other shirts that could cause the same type of \”situation\” as well. Full Contact Fighter, UFC, and Bas but I think w/ the ever growing popularity of MMA, it’s more and more excepted.

In a nut shell, if you’re proud of your training, you love Krav, and you support the school you train at….wear your gear w/ pride. I say we help Krav grow to the level it is in LA, where everyone knows about it

rattler

I sometimes wear my KM shirts out in public and I have a pair of pants that I cut off to be shorts that I also wear at work. I have a very active job and those pants are great when the temperature is high. I say wear what you want to wear. If you’re worried about being attacked for any reason, including because of what you are wearing, well, isn’t that why you are taking Krav Maga? Don’t be afraid to show what you know. If you know what I mean.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Rattler\:

If you’re worried about being attacked for any reason, including because of what you are wearing, well, isn’t that why you are taking Krav Maga? Don’t be afraid to show what you know. If you know what I mean.

No not really, but then I didn’t grow up in the suburbs and there was always a badder ass around the corner. And the true terrors never gave you a warning or a chance.

Kids get attacked for wearing Ipods. One of Garddawgs beat the crap outta an older banger who tried to steal his Ipod recently. Adults for flashy cars. And you get in a disagreement with your krav stuff on expectations change. from courtroom legalities, to friend expectations to your attackers strategy. He goes to weapons quicker or will disengage, lay in wait for you and ambush you. All bad. You lose your element of suprise and give him clues to how you’ll defend. Your finding alot of bangers in MT , boxing and MMa gyms, Doubt me go in and look at the tats.

I guess we have different mindsets or I have a different mindset. Am I afraid of a streetfight absolutely, BTDT. I have no control over how far the other guy is willing to go. We have guys posting on this board who’ve been shot and stabbed. Violence is extreme and unpredictable. Avoidance is the first line of defence. Suprise the 1st rule of offense. I’m not into false confidence or fighting fair, but that lesson came as I got older as I don’t remember the last one on one fight I was in. I do remember the last 2 fights, they were 4-1 and 6-1. I survived, luckily, but painfully, bout all I can say about it.

So if I seem worried or frightened…okay… but I think of it as strategy. Tell your friends your into martial arts and they start probing or chatting you up. Wear the propaganda, I do on occassion but prefer not to, for the reasons stated. I don’t like to advertise, even my knife is concealed and many of my friends have CCW’s. They don’t advertise either. Heck Even ED Parker of Kenpo fame always had a gun nearby

Hope you get where I’m coming from. Take care and good luck with your training.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: