Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

I shouldn’t have sent the e-mail link to see what he thinks then get in all this controversy. Next time, I will just stay out of it and keep my mouth shut and just leave you guys in peace. I am here to learn.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

Now I’m erestraining my self from telling you what I think. And its much nicer to go train and put you on ignore, something I’ve never done to anyone before.

Good luck with your training. I wish you well
    Sincerly
    Mike

I had a rotten day, so I’m not so inclined to restrain myself at this point.

JewishFitness, you seem like a nice guy. Your friend is flat wrong. I was in the military long enough to know the place has its share of idiots. Odds are, after hearing his take on how ineffective elbows are, he’s one of them. Tell him to calm down, MMA isn’t out to replace weapons… our troops will be fine.

I understand you’ll hate me now… and so will your friend. Elbow to the stomach and then a judo throw? Karate chop to the throat? That’s right out of a John Wayne movie. Train however you like JewishFitness, the rest of the world knows just how devastating even a lightly thrown elbow can be. Either way, your edification on the matter is of little concern to me as I don’t have to fight your battles.
    Good luck in your training.

[vent] BTW, people suck. Especially ones that have so many dogs they can’t care for them. And especially the ones that can’t even muster the common f’n decency to just shoot the stupid dog rather than let it spend its whole life on a 4 foot chain only so it can starve to death in 95 degree sunshine without even the benefit of water. How I’d love to demonstrate a very angry elbow to the lower jaw of a few individuals right now. [/vent]

unstpabl1

I’m more likely to intervene on someone abusing an animal than a human. The abused human will turn on you 👿 and should know better

I just tried to e-mail him and all of a sudden he doesn’t want to talk to me and he is saying that he has more important things to do ?

I know that in the military there are alots of people that are alittle off and right now he is not making much sense to me at all so I decided to just ignore him and let him focus on whatever it is he is doing.

I will not repeat what he said but it is enough to make me angry so I am not going to repeat it for the sake of peace here.

I will just say this, I have been training for a while and I have not really delevoped all my skills and I may not feel the same physically as any of you are physically fit.

I also have not really gone into depth to see what works or not but I think he pushed me too hard to find out for myself what works and does not work which is really not fair. I also admit that my ego was alittle there too which isn’t really right either.

I also think he can’t seperate wheter people are military or civilians also he keeps telling me that civilians just won’t understand and I thought, I understand, so what is the problem, I am looking to defend myself that is it.

I think that he is high and mighty on the US Marine Corps stuff, not that there is anything wrong with being proud of the Marine Corps but I did think he took it alittle too far and he kept on grumbling so I figured I will just leave him in peace. I will admit that he has always been alittle strange, myself.

I told him if he wants to talk about the differences in the systems then he can register to talk on the board and all of a sudden, he said no thanks then he got really nasty with me and he does not want to talk to me anymore, sufficient to say, I think it is best not to be talking to him anymore.

I just want to focus on Krav Maga and I can study another systems on my own time. It is probably best for the sake of the peace, as far as I am concerned.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”JewishFitness1976\:

I just want to focus on Krav Maga and I can study another systems on my own time. It is probably best for the sake of the peace, as far as I am concerned.

You’re a class act JF and your curiosity in the different systems is admirable. I said it earlier in the thread, your friend is coming from a completely different mentality. He’s the best at what he does (defending the country) *because* of his stubborness to accept different ways. A good portion of the people I took orders from could barely write their name… but when it came to military tactics (or regurgitating the methods of hand to hand as taught by some field manual), they know their stuff.

I was light infantry, and the hand to hand taught there was a joke. It consisted of a rifle… parry, butt stroke, slash, thrust. I would hope if I ran out of ammo, maybe bent my bayonette into a u shape, then lost the rifle so I couldn’t swing it, I would probably swing my e-tool before resorting to a rarely- practiced-in-the-military karate chop to the adams apple. The main focus of our training was with weapons in groups ranging from squad size to battalion and achieving larger objectives than one on one.

Sgt Gregory told us that as a child growing up in Germany (8 years old), he once found an old WWII bunker which had been buried. They were playing baseball and the ball went down a hole. He claims to have rapelled down there to get it and found all the old hidden weaponry and ammo. We laughed at him for another five minutes while he made us do pushups for not believing him.

It’s when they leave the battlefield you have to question what they say. Maybe I inherited just a bit of that too. 😉

kmcat

Its been my impression that the elbow strike is a good counter attack when you are doing the gun & knife defense.

When you have trapped the hand for the gun or knife defense you always seem to be in the perfect position to throw an elbow.

unstpabl1

JF1976

The thing is that you took the topic from the effectiveness of elbows into a totally different discussion to the effectiveness of different systems. Its not your freinds place to get involved.

I understand some of what he was trying to say to you about MCMAP, but it really is a different subject from what was being discussed.

You stated elbows aren’t effective. Its okay to have that belief. Its a tool. you can choose to use it or not. I doubt many here or on most RBSD boards would share that opinion, but we all have to find our own paths

there are only so many ways the body can move. There are also systems that pressure test their techniques to prove their techniques. No one with any knowledge ever puts down the effectiveness of the Thai’s, basically because the thai’s prove their system daily. Everyone now imitates them..

I get annoyed when I go out of my way to find videos to help you and you go on about how its still ineffective. That Silva knockout was an amazing entry and delivery. It takes time to find those vids and answer questions.

I think you are here to learn. I have answered your questions and tried to help you from your 1st post. learning doesn’t always look good or sound smart. you took a position that went against proven methods. Yeah your gonna get dinged a bit 😆 Thats part of learning too. If you still don’t think the method works, don’t use it. But then you accused the other posters of basically not training, finding out what works. Many here train hard and train because they needed the skill sets for daily life. Cops, bouncers, etc. Many of us have been around a bit and are way past 19 😆

Never be suprised when you get around fighters and a fight breaks out 😆

I truly wish you well in your training and your journey
    Mike 🙂

maskedkat

Mike,
    for what it’s worth, I watched the videos and appreciated the time you took to find them and post them.

And I agree 100% with your comments on this thread.

progress

Thank you all for your input on elbows.

bradm

First, hats off to the Marine in question if he is a Vietnam veteran and still serving. I thank him for his dedication to serving this wonderful country of ours.

But, will someone help me check my math? The Marine claims to have been in the TET offensive, which someone else stated they thought that was 1968. I believe 1968 is correct, I was there soon after in 1969 (I was also there in 1961). JF said the Marine told him he is now 56 years old. As of today, that would mean he was probably born in 1951. If that is the case, this Marine would have been 17 during the TET offensive. Considering his time in Marine Corps boot camp and following combat training ar Camp LeJune (sp), he would have been 15, maybe 16 when he inlisted in the Corps. Is that possibel? Did he lie about his age to get in the Marines?

oldkravdude

JewishFitness, It’s all cool. People are allowed to have differences in opinion. The thing with Martial Artists is that if you get two of them in a room you’ll have three different opinions, four if one of them has any financial interest in their art – and everyone is an expert!!

The martial arts world is like a big box of cereal. Full of nuts, fruits and flakes!!!

I think he was conscripted into service. I don’t know the whole story with him.

Yeah, everybody seems to say my martial arts is better than your martial arts.

It would be nice if there was one universial martial arts.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”JewishFitness1976\:

It would be nice if there was one universial martial arts.

And even nicer if there wasn’t a need to learn self defense to begin with.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Hi JF

I thought of you today!

While my partner was holding a tombstone pad (med) on his chest I did a left straight punch followed up by right elbow. ñWith intent at 100%

He had to walk it off then take a minute.

Now this part will make you laugh. He said wtf was that are you trying to kill me. I replied. ìthat was for Jewish fitnessî you should have seen the looks I got from the guys in the room.. because it just came out wrong, since they didnít know theres a person in the forums with your screen name they thought I was making a joke.

Rather then going into a long explanation about the forums etc I just said it was an inside joke.

Anyway, I thought you’d appreciate the humor.
    🙂

unstpabl1

LMAO 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: