Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books How to COUNTER/DEFEND against Wing Chun (Ving Tsun or "Wing Tsun")?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    labrat

Let’s say you are in an elevator (you are trapped and there is nowhere to run, no way to escape) and you are being confronted/attacked by an evil student of WING CHUN. How does a Krav practitioner defend against this system, specifically the sensitivity aspect of “Sticky Hands & Sticky Feet”?

AdMan (AKA: LabRat) – Former Level 2 Student of KravMagaDC

Sadly, there is no defense against sticky hands and sticky feet. Your only real chance is if you walk around coated in petroleum jelly, that way the sticky hands and feet can’t stick to you. Other than that, you’re screwed. Just give up and hope that your corpse doesn’t look too bad for the wake. Damn evil, sticky Wing Chun masters…….

jjk

I don’t believe most Wing Chun schools teach “sticky feet”, infact, in all the time I’ve talked with practitioners, I’ve never heard of sticky feet. So I would say your best defense would be a series of groin kicks. Each more powerful than the last.

Wing Chun also doesn’t focus on grappling, so if you could close the distance from punching to trapping to grappling, that might be your best bet. You ARE in an elevator, so I’m assuming the chance of his friends dropping from the ceiling is low.

jburtonpdx

I believe we would use a tactical nuclear device. Or as those from Texas (and I was born in Texas) would say nucular.

evo8

Headbutt as he traps your arms.

For some of us, this would not be a problem. Due to a fortunate draw from the gene pool I am not ticklish. As Wing Chun boy smacks me around the belly with a few of the love taps they hand out I would await my opportunity to hit him in any number of places.

la-revancha

Rickson by armbar.

BTW, labrat, this is Christian also formerly from KMDC. Send me a PM.

la-revancha

Rickson by armbar.

BTW, labrat, this is Christian also formerly from KMDC. Check your PM inbox.

jjk
    quote DirtyHippieUte:

For some of us, this would not be a problem. Due to a fortunate draw from the gene pool I am not ticklish. As Wing Chun boy smacks me around the belly with a few of the love taps they hand out I would await my opportunity to hit him in any number of places.

LOL, I hope you don’t ACTUALLY carry this arrogance with you on the street. I know this is an online forum and everyone is allowed a little degree of douchebaggery, but those centerline vertical punches aren’t something you should really take lightly from a skilled Wing Chun practitioner. I mean, all these guys do is practice punching, and you’d let him hit you? What… if you went up against a wrestler would you let him take you down too?

Excellent douche spotting skills… You have obviously done a lot of work on your douchebaggery defenses… I must work harder on my offending offense…

It’s kind of a running joke in my world. Any martial art practiced by 135 lb guys wearing silk pajamas is going to be open to a little mock and scorn. If that mock and scorn is followed by a front row seat to my own personal arse whoopin then at least I’ve had my laugh before I die.

As far as “the street” goes… As mid 30s married guy I don’t spend a lot of time on the streets. But the other day some dude snaked my parking spot at Wal-Mart and I thought I might have to go “Old Testament” on him but I figured it would just be wrong to jump out of my sedan with the “baby on board” window shade and go nutz on him.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster
    quote DirtyHippieUte:

I thought I might have to go “Old Testament” on him but I figured it would just be wrong to jump out of my sedan with the “baby on board” window shade and go nutz on him.

ROFL

shiusen

I would…

1. determine how scary he is and…
    2. if he is a 10 on the scary scale, I would cry uncle then headbutt him when his guard is down
    3. if not, I would just laugh and then headbutt him

stevetuna

Is Wing Chun at all like a staph infection? If so, then I’m going with lots and lots of Purell and Clorox wipes.

jjk
    quote DirtyHippieUte:

It’s kind of a running joke in my world. Any martial art practiced by 135 lb guys wearing silk pajamas is going to be open to a little mock and scorn. If that mock and scorn is followed by a front row seat to my own personal arse whoopin then at least I’ve had my laugh before I die.

Sure that’s totally fair. I’ve heard that Krav doesn’t require any skill and is mostly practiced by middle aged women too.

But just a little education here, Wing Chun are those guys with those wooden arm dummies. Although it’s a Chinese “kung fu” martial art, they often don’t have ranks, sashes, belts or levels. My friend trains in a Wing Chun place in San Francisco that’s pretty much like the Krav place I train at. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t skinny AzNs either.

Now that’s just not true. My krav class has no middle aged women… Just a bunch of fat guys from the Sheriff’s dept. and a skinny kid who watched Human Weapon.

quote jjk:

My friend trains in a Wing Chun place in San Francisco

Does he wear silk jammies? Cuz’ unless your name is Hugh Heffner you should never be seen wearing more silk than any woman in the room.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: