Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books How to COUNTER/DEFEND against Wing Chun (Ving Tsun or "Wing Tsun")?

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    snakearms

Re: How to COUNTER/DEFEND against Wing Chun (Ving Tsun or "Wing Tsun")?

Two words: Nine Millimeter.:):

bracius

Start winning ….. that’s my solution and its simple. What can I say? I am a believer in being efficient! 😛

sihingtyler

If you guys wanna know about Wing Tsun, go learn Wing Tsun. No fighting style is better than the other. Its all about who you are. Chi Sao (sticky hands) is a training exercise for sensitivity. The way we stand in Chi Sao is for strength training of the legs. Also we do have ground fighting way before there was the UFC or what people like to call MMA. Martial Arts isn’t about ego. Train hard and improve yourself as much as possible. thumbsup

unstpabl1

quote SihingTyler:

If you guys wanna know about Wing Tsun, go learn Wing Tsun. No fighting style is better than the other. Its all about who you are. Chi Sao (sticky hands) is a training exercise for sensitivity. The way we stand in Chi Sao is for strength training of the legs. Also we do have ground fighting way before there was the UFC or what people like to call MMA. Martial Arts isn’t about ego. Train hard and improve yourself as much as possible. thumbsup

Oh BS on the we had ground fighting before there was a UFC. Wing Tsun/ Wing Chun was a a stand up art and still is, even though they may be incorporating some grappling now like almost everyone else. I trained with Emin and Casey back then and the anti/grappling came as a byproduct of the UFC and wasn’t ground fighting but take downs with chain punches on compliant partners

Unless you mean ground fighting like Emin bum tackling Chueng nd them rolling around on the floor for a second

coldtrane06

Depends of the lineage as far as ground fighting. But all in all, Wing Chun is a close range concept based martial art using hard low kicks, boxing, and some grappling(not what you think). This is what is posted on the Duncan Leung linage website:

“Wing Chun is a dynamic self-defense martial art or Kung Fu (Gong Fu, 功夫) developed by two women in China over 300 years ago. We teach a no nonsense form of Kung Fu that assumes no quarter, has no rules and seeks to achieve the maximum amount of damage using a minimum amount of energy. Our fighting art is complete, encompassing all ranges (Kicking, Striking, “Trapping”, and Grappling).”

:beer:

pstrauss

So I have been studying Krav for several years but prior to that I have been introduced to Wing Chun. My fighting style incorporates many of the Wing Chun principles. Some of the principles of Wing Chun are actually buried in the techniques taught at Krav.

coldtrane06

quote pstrauss:

So I have been studying Krav for several years but prior to that I have been introduced to Wing Chun. My fighting style incorporates many of the Wing Chun principles. Some of the principles of Wing Chun are actually buried in the techniques taught at Krav.

Such as bursting. I also remember seeing a Kwan Sao in a knife defense technique. Although switching between hitting with the bottom three knuckles(conditioned of course) versus the top two in Krav can be confusing. But then again, it’s about structure and foundation.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: