Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books How to COUNTER/DEFEND against Wing Chun (Ving Tsun or "Wing Tsun")?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    kravmaga-ism
    quote DirtyHippieUte:

Now that’s just not true. My krav class has no middle aged women… Just a bunch of fat guys from the Sheriff’s dept. and a skinny kid who watched Human Weapon.

LMAO…hey who are you calling skinny?! I much prefer being labeled lean and agile instead. 😉

psyops

Umm…

Sounds like a style vs style question to me. Which I have to say these questions are boring and redundant. The responses posted here are funny. Being from an urban enviornment I try not to get into elevators without my .45. If I see a midget in silk pj’s I usually turn and run out of fear. I mean we have all seen what they can do to those wooden stick figures. When you consider that Wing Chun is the official system for well, umm.. err… Shaolin Monks and Krav is only the official system for some of the finer law enforcement agencies and military units on the planet. You can clearly see why my cause for alarm at the site of a “master” in silk pajamas is so great! I have to go practice my katas and forms now.

Kiyaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vwr32
    quote DirtyHippieUte:

But the other day some dude snaked my parking spot at Wal-Mart and I thought I might have to go “Old Testament” on him but I figured it would just be wrong to jump out of my sedan with the “baby on board” window shade and go nutz on him.

On a similar note, as funny as it is, that is the very reason my wife doesn’t want me put a Jesus fish on the back of my car. I’ve only chased someone down once because of road rage. He almost ran me off the road, then flipped me off as he was passing and sped off about twice the posted speed limit. I shrugged it off shaking my head. But I guess he saw my turn signal on, so he waited for me around the corner. As I turned, there he was parked in the right hand lane hanging his big stupid redneck head out of his pickup truck window flipping me off and mouthing “F.U.” as I passed. There’s only so much I can take.

I had traffic behind me so I couldn’t stop. I circled the block and finally found him in the drive thru line at a fast food place. Turns out he really didn’t want any… but I unloaded enough obscenities on him to probably make him worry about my mental stability. At that point I probably wouldn’t be a very good ambassador for Jesus… so no fish yet.

Wing Chun? Didn’t they write a song about that back in the 80’s? Everybody Wing Chun Tonight? Must be popular for a reason… I’ll show them respect.

labrat

Focus people!

Think… what would IMI do?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster
    quote LabRat:

what would IMI do?

Sounds like a good tee shirt idea

jjk

Ha, I didn’t get why you didn’t want a Jesus fish on your car until the last line. I thought someone was goin to rage on you because of your preference for biblical sealife.

quote CJs Dad:

Sounds like a good tee shirt idea

That would be hilarious… I could see a sort of realistic “graphic-novel” style drawing of some menacing looking facist soldiers in a slum with some guy thinking to himself WWID.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I’m calling RevGear!! Picture of a little old man circled by a group of thugs with the caption “What would Imi do?”

jjk

perhaps by a group of nazis? No? To soon?

quote jjk:

perhaps by a group of nazis? No? To soon?

If Nazis are too over the top, then just a group of guys in your standard “facist storm trooper” style garb. Some jack boots and stuff…

guerriere

I have often wondered how I would defend against someone steeped in traditional Asian martial arts. My best thinking so far: Round-house kick to the head while he’s taking off his shoes.

kmky
    quote Guerriere:

I have often wondered how I would defend against someone steeped in traditional Asian martial arts. My best thinking so far: Round-house kick to the head while he’s taking off his shoes.

Or kick to the face when he bows 😉

nixxon

Speaking of scarey asians….

I know a buddy stationed in Korea who was in a bar with some friends one night. One of his pals got into it with some Korean (over a girl, go figure), so his buddy squares off with him and the Korean takes off his shoes right in the middle of the bar. The American guy quickly apologized and lost the heart to fight. I guess he figured if your busting off your shoes in the middle of a bar to whoop somones ass you know somthing pretty nuts.

jjk
    quote Guerriere:

what, nobody can get past the stereotypes and give even a little deserved respect to other martial arts?

jjk
    quote Nixxon:

Speaking of scarey asians….

I know a buddy stationed in Korea who was in a bar with some friends one night. One of his pals got into it with some Korean (over a girl, go figure), so his buddy squares off with him and the Korean takes off his shoes right in the middle of the bar. The American guy quickly apologized and lost the heart to fight. I guess he figured if your busting off your shoes in the middle of a bar to whoop somones ass you know somthing pretty nuts.

I saw that Austin Power’s movie. Random Task right?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: