Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    kevinmack

Re: Iki ?

how do you explain his giving away of “Krav Maga” black belts and high ranks to people who have hosted him for a seminar and/or have very limited training with him? I know a couple of these black belts who realized they were scammed and have since abandoned those ranks. Either those ranks were given in exchange for hosting him…in exchange for money or just at his own whim. All three of which you would agree are not “earned”.

kevinmack

Look at the number of 1st degree and 2nd degree black belts and his org is only a few years old.

http://www.your-krav-maga-expert.com/krav-maga-Instructors.html

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Coda, just as a point of clarification I was actually speaking in general not specifically about IKI, I have no personal firsthand knowledge of that organization.

Personally, I think anyone that gives Black Belts without some sort of test is nothing but a businessman. Let’s be honest, the more ‘black belt” instructors you have, the more money you’ll make in licensing fees. All of the larger organizations have actually done a pretty damn good job of protecting the accomplishment of a Krav Maga Black Belt. 5+ years of high level training supervised by high level Black Belts and culminating in a 7-8 hour test with full speed weapons and fighting are the norm for all of these orgs. It’s the ones that “present” Black Belts as a reward for affiliating that cause me concern for the brand “Krav Maga”. I’ve trained with people from KMWW, KMA, IKMF, KMG, ETC, and can see only minor differences. When you train with some of the people from some of the newer orgs that are popping up, and see things that violate PRINCIPLE, i/e “CONTROL” the weapon, ATTACK and DEFEND SIMULTANEOUSLY WHENEVER POSSIBLE, or “IF YOU CAN’T DO IT WHEN EXHAUSTED, SWEATY, AND BLOODY, THEN DON’T DO IT”, then leave. You should’t have to be a high level professional martial artist to be successful in Krav Maga, it should be the opposite.

quote KevinMack:

except for maybe two…none of these techniques are taught by any KM organization.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_5HRQLpo3M

I agree that rank and lineage tack a backseat to knowledge of the system but when you claim to teach said system and claim rank that is just made up and at the same time rank others……that is misleading and fraudulent. There is room for thousands of Israeli martial arts systems like Hisardut…Skornick kenpojitus…Krav Magen…etc…etc. I would like to learn them all. But Krav Maga is Krav Maga. Call your system whatever you want…but if you dont have rank in KM and/or dont teach KM as every other organization knows it to be. Then dont call it Krav Maga. If it is good people will train in it on its own merits.

You are a weirdo vegetarian, but this is very well said. Your knowledge of the history and lineage of our system is second to none. People would do well to listen to you in these matters. thumbsup

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Jeremy Stafford:

“IF YOU CAN’T DO IT WHEN EXHAUSTED, SWEATY, AND BLOODY, THEN DON’T DO IT”

thumbsupthumbsup as usual, straight to the point.

coda-vex

quote KevinMack:

Look at the number of 1st degree and 2nd degree black belts and his org is only a few years old.

http://www.your-krav-maga-expert.com/krav-maga-Instructors.html

I count 4 in total …..

CJ’s dad … No implication that you were pointing out a specific org. in your post, that was not my line of thought. Also thanks for allowing this line of discussion on a board that represents KMWW, very fair and open of you guys.

ryan
    ryan

One of his 1st dans:

http://www.youtube.com/CottonwoodCombat#p/u/1/o_G5tnSdCX0

Do people really believe in “neck breaks”?

I especially enjoyed the defense against attacker with two knives…

kmman

I think it’s really dangerous teaching disarms in that fashion but whats even more dangerous is using such a small mat!

jjbklb

quote Ryan:

One of his 1st dans:

http://www.youtube.com/CottonwoodCombat#p/u/1/o_G5tnSdCX0

Do people really believe in “neck breaks”?

======================
    Now I got to ask…Don’t the ‘neck breaks’ work??????

quote jjbklb:

======================
    Now I got to ask…Don’t the ‘neck breaks’ work??????

It’s not even close to being as easy as it looks… It’s also an issue of risk versus reward and tactical application. The other issue is post conflict articulation. It’s easy to say things like “it’s better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6” until you lose your home and are 30 grand in debt to lawyers or worse… It’s easier to articulate beating someone unconcious than beating them to death or conciously breaking their neck, even if they are a scumbag. I’ve had to testify in Federal Court regarding a use of force, and that was with the Department covering my legal bills. It’s a terrible thing.

ryan

Well, let’s come at it another way. Has anyone ever seen a neck intentionally broken in a fight? Have any of these guys that teach neck breaks ever broken someone’s neck? These guys show some flashy hand movements by the head, as if it’s the same as throwing a punch. Great for demos…might as well set some boards on fire and break them with your head.

coda-vex

The “neck break” is not on any curriculum I’ve seen or mentioned in any seminar or training class, nor do I believe his intent was to promote neck breaking.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: