Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Kali-effective for self defense?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

I absolutely agree with tehillim that we should practice for the worst case scenario and not the best case scenario. If I train for the worst case and then it happens, I will be prepared and should have at least a decent chance at defending myself. If the second worse case happened, it should make things almost easy, compared to what I was preparing for. If all I do is train for the best case, I might do okay if that scenario happens, but anything worse and I might fail.

I don’t really think tehillim’s comments make him a misogynist. Size does make a difference. I’m small myself and so I know it will make it a lot harder for me having to fight a potential attacker who might be twice my weight or more – to think that such a weight difference won’t make things more difficult for me is really to fool myself. Of course it is still quite possible that I will succeed, but, yes, it would be harder than having to only fight a guy my own weight or even smaller. My punches would most likely have a greater effect on a smaller guy, I could really drive him back as I’m punching – against a big guy I can mostly hope that I will be able to keep the weight on the weapon (if he has one), irritate/hurt him enough with my counters so that I will be able to complete the defense and get away quickly. Maybe that’s all that’s going to be necessary, but I think we give people a false sense of security if we tell them that it really won’t matter how big the guy is and that he most likely hits like a girl and has no idea how to properly use his weapon. Again, it’s possible that that would be the case, but why train for only that scenario if worse things could happen?

ryan

Who said size doesn’t matter, and that we should train for best-case scenarios?

lor

Re:

Giantkiller ~ \”I don’t really think tehillim’s comments make him a misogynist.\”

I agree. I wasn’t offended by anything he said.

Just my .02

ryan

I don’t think he’s a misogynist, I just think he doesn’t get it. If it were simply about the physical tools, the best, most capable fighters would be power lifters and bodybuilders. I’m quite certain they aren’t.

andre

That’s a good idea, Jeff you and the Maryland crew should come check it out. It is a good chance for Krav East to share ideas, sans keyboard.. Just my humble opinion.

jaydogg72

Kali-Effective for self defense?

Just a question, if you take two people of equal physical capabilities and one trained and really mastered Kali empty hand and the other mastered Krav Maga, who would be the better fighter?

andre

Chuck Norris

la-revancha

No way!!

Rickson by armbar.

ryan

Jack Bauer.

jaydogg72

Kali

I personally think Sydney Bristow from ALIAS would win (even preggie)

nancypants

I’m with Ryan – nobody is going to beat Jack Bauer…

andre

To be honest, the Universe can’t afford the two meeting. It would be like combining Matter and Anti-Matter. The only loser would be Mankind.

ryan

Sidney Bristow? She’s not even real. 🙄

kmsf

I agree, she’s not even real, not like Jack Bauer…ah ahem..ok what was I saying? 😳

kurtuan

\”Just a question, if you take two people of equal physical capabilities and one trained and really mastered Kali empty hand and the other mastered Krav Maga, who would be the better fighter?\”

The one with the gun. Seriously, how can anyone answer that question? It depends too much on circumstance.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: