Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Kali-effective for self defense?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    andre

\”It’s only one day? You didn’t say that.\”
    Didn’t say it was a week either 😉

anonymous

He had to wear a wristband that identified him as a martial artist? I think that’s horrible. Of course it would make him a target. Is that normal practice in jails? I’ve never heard that. What’s the purpose? If he had been jumped and gotten hurt because he had to wear that wristband, would the jail have been liable?

la-revancha

\”He comes back from expert 1 tomorrow.\”

Man, that means we’ll all be friendly when we go!! We got two of our peeps at expert right now, too. It’s 3PM L.A. time; they should all be well battered and cleaved at this point 😯

Jeff let me know if you want to work out some caravaning plans:

[email protected]

clfmak

\”I’ll ask again, who thinks the Mike Tyson attack on Desiree Washington looked like a boxing match?\”

Well, if it was Royce Gracie instead of Mike Tyson, it might have looked kind of like a jujutsu match.

anonymous

With all the arm-twisting, elbowing and ear-biting Tyson is using in his boxing matches, it probably didn’t look all that different…. 😉

ryan

Yeah, I’m sure he’d have been looking for straight armbars and triangles. 🙄

kravmdjeff

Awesome, Revancha.

saxman314

I think it’s standard practice in all the jails. Anyone who’s had to register their hands as lethal weapons, like black belts or boxers or whoever, has to wear the white wristbands.

ryan

\”Anyone who’s had to register their hands as lethal weapons\”

You’re joking, right. ❓

saxman314

Haha, fraid not. In Jersey, you gotta license yourself when you get a blackbelt or I think if you go for an amateur title. I don’t know for sure about the boxers, but when you get a black belt you have to go to the courthouse and sign papers and whatnot.

kravmdjeff

Saxman, where do you get your info?

kmsf

The whole \” registering your hands as a leathal weapon \” is a MYTH. Never was true, not true now. Aint gonna be true in the future (probably) 😕
    There was even an article in BlackBelt magazine mentioning top 15 myths in martial arts and this was one. That was two to three months ago. Boxers don’t have to or martial artists or even the ten year old kid with a 2nd degree black belt 😆 In jail if they make you wear bands around your wrist designating that you are trained I’m not 100% sure of since some can make their own rules as they go, but since he mentions the registering as leathal weapons nonsense in the same sentence I would be very doubtful even to the point of saying I bet it isn’t true in that jail either. 🙄

anonymous

Get licensed when you get your BB? Why? What if you refuse to, will there be fines? What if you are involved in a street fight? Will having that license count against you? Does the same go for KM black belts? Sounds scary….

anonymous

Maybe he means you need to get registered when you want to enter a competition? 😕

ryan

Total BS.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: