Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    kpalena

Which scares you more? My thinking is that only one part of the gun is deadly…but the whole knife is…I worry more about the knife.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Knife or gun

Knife is always live

leejam99

close quarters – knife

distance – gun

bradm

My vote is the knife being the most scariest. In close quarters I think a gun is easier to defend against than a knife.

kmman

Man, I see what you are all saying but there is nothing scarier than a gun being pointed at you. Defense may be easier but, damn, that barrell is scary.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Having been in both situations if I can touch the gun you’re screwed. The knife on the other hand I have always walked away from damaged. I’ve only been in 1 knife confrontation that didn’t require a hospital visit and that was because it was 3rd party protection and the attacker wasn’t aware of me.

In my experience its not if your going to be cut its how badly.

trish

Jeez, Sean! Where do you hang out? I’d like to think the majority of people will go through their lives never having been in a situation like that. You’ve been there more than once!? Do you have a sign on your back that says, “Someone attack me with a deadly weapon so I can beat you to the ground”? Good to know the defenses we’re learning work in real life situations and that you’re still walking around as proof! thumbsup

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Trish:

Jeez, Sean! Where do you hang out?

Too many years bouncing rough clubs in Hollywood/LA area I guess. Most of it was at a place called Aftershock if you old enough to remember it Trish. This is where Unstop comes in and says you worked THERE! Bartenders and other bouncers affectionately called it gladiator school.

jay99

Well, at least that explains where the ring of fire… the gauntlet… and whole bunch of other Captain Insano drills originate from!!!!

Only kidding! You know I love the classes, brother!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Jay99:

Well, at least that explains where the ring of fire… the gauntlet… and whole bunch of other Captain Insano drills originate from!!!!

Only kidding! You know I love the classes, brother!

We did “back to back bar room brawl” last night too bad you missed it. Think ring of fire but with a buddy – and me attacking – in the middle.

raneman

Knife for a few reasons.

Most people are able to use a knife well(2 attack functions-stab, cut) while not as many people are skilled with a gun and it’s functions. This makes the gun less dangerous of the two(while still extremely dangerous, not more so than the knife).

A knife target can and will be all parts of your defending surface, while a round from a gun hits one target at a time(if you are not in the way of the round there is no damage).

Knife is easier to conceal in the hand so can add an element of surprise where a gun cannot(usually).

If threatened with a knife the attacker is much more likely to use it than if you are threatened with a gun. Why threaten you in your face with a gun when they can shoot you from 15m away?

From experience, I also think knife wounds hurt more than gunshot wounds(depending on the round type) and knife wounds bleed profusely because the blade is removed from the wound. Case in point, I was hit in the calf with a bullet and it didn’t even bleed until the round was removed.

So ..knife definately.

Pete

I was a bouncer for a various clubs about fifteen years ago or more, and I can say without reservation that there are a hell of a lot more knives and guns walking around the streets than you might think. Depending on your job is when you get to learn that little disturbing bit of trivia.

I would say it seriously depends on the situation. Generaly, I try to avoid crowded areas and keep people at a safe distance. At the very least, I’m aware of who is around me. This being said, There is not very much I can do about someone 30 feet away pulling a gun and putting a few rounds in me, so I would definately say a gun is scarrier for me.

I do fully understand why a lot of people are saying knives, though. If someone does manage to get up close to you and they know what they’re doing, you’re going to get hurt if not killed. The best you can hope for with a knife attack is the typical thug-style “wave my knife in your face, trying to look like a hard-ass” technique. :abx:

kpalena

Thanks fellow Kravistas….I had a training partner tell me that he did not need to learn cavaliers because “I will just kick the knife out of the guys hand”….I needed some ammo beyond me making him break dance on the floor. I tried and tried to get him to pracitce the technique correctly, but his ego kept getting in the way….sigh….

He is “going to wait” until we get to the gun defences…

blindfold

I think it would depend on the person. If it were someone I knew was very educated with a knife or gun then I would fear them with that weapon.

If it was just someone at random. I would be more fearfull of a gun. Lots of stupidity can cause death with a firearms in the hands of a stressed person.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: