Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Re: Knife or gun

quote Giant Killer:

So, what does it feel like to be shot?_________________
    Giantkiller

I don’t know, shoot yourself and let the rest of us know. rofl2

I’m pretty sure it would suck.

unstpabl1

quote Jeremy Stafford:

I don’t know, shoot yourself and let the rest of us know. rofl2

I’m pretty sure it would suck.

:OhMy: Gk…Put THE GUN DOWN:tantrum:JEREMY WAS JUST TEASING…he just doesn’t understand your commitment to reality based martial arts

Geez Jeremy, GK goes to biker bars on weekends to test this stuff out. Don’t give her any ideas, She takes it as a challenge:woohoo:

quote unstpabl1:

:OhMy: Gk…Put THE GUN DOWN:tantrum:JEREMY WAS JUST TEASING…he just doesn’t understand your commitment to reality based martial arts

Geez Jeremy, GK goes to biker bars on weekends to test this stuff out. Don’t give her any ideas, She takes it as a challenge:woohoo:

Just sayin’ ……: )

gitano

Another scary thing about a knife attack is the silence of it. At least the BANG (or multiples thereof) of a gun can bring attention to your plight (should you survive). Get stuck with a knife, you could be bleeding within feet of others for a long time without anyone noticing.

Another thing about a gun…I have no data to back it up, but IMO a gun gives the average thug-perp a sense of superiority that may make him sloppy or otherwise uncautious. When a blade comes out, I am more likely to believe that the perp has more ability, and intent, to render harm.

IMO, YMMV, etc.

Sean

unstpabl1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THW-c6E5nvs

Figured this promo was approprate to the conversation. The topic is accessing a gun vs a knife. Its a promo so specific techs are blanked out.

The guy giving the jailhouse knife lecture at the beginning has been a huge influence in my daily workouts

petion2000

Beleive it or not, people are generally more afraid of knives than guns. I remember in 2004, before our Unit’s first Iraq deployment, we trained with a bunch former Delta Force operators from a PMC call Triple Canopy. One former operator who had a degree in Anthropology had told us that from survey, most people, not just in USA, are more afraid of being stabbed than shot. Even if the sutuation reversed, most people would find it easier to shot someone than stab him. It made sense if you think of it carefully.

kravmdjeff

Jeremy, do you have a button that you push in your back pocket with a tape recorder containing all this firearm stuff? Your IQ goes up like 60 points when you’re talking about guns 🙂

How was Series with Jon Pascal? PM me man!

quote petion2000:

Beleive it or not, people are generally more afraid of knives than guns. I remember in 2004, before our Unit’s first Iraq deployment, we trained with a bunch former Delta Force operators from a PMC call Triple Canopy. One former operator who had a degree in Anthropology had told us that from survey, most people, not just in USA, are more afraid of being stabbed than shot. Even if the sutuation reversed, most people would find it easier to shot someone than stab him. It made sense if you think of it carefully.

I’ve gone to schools where I worked with some former Delta operators… Amazing to see those guys in action!

Anyways, there is a lot of merrit to the comment you made about it being easier to shoot someone than to stab them. There is a book called “On Killing” (I forget who wrote it… If anyone needs to know, ask and I’ll look when I get home) that covers the psychology involved in killing people, particularly in war. Anything that provides space between you and your enemy (gun, scope, screen) makes it a little easier to distance yourself from the actual act you are commiting. This is why an Infantryman is much more likely to suffer from PTSD after killing an enemy combatant than a fighter pilot.

Translated to the streets: A thug on the streets (as long as they are not a literal sociopath) is going to hesitate much more to actualy use a knife than to use a gun. Just something to think about thumbsup.

J-

quote KravMDjeff:

Jeremy, do you have a button that you push in your back pocket with a tape recorder containing all this firearm stuff? Your IQ goes up like 60 points when you’re talking about guns 🙂

How was Series with Jon Pascal? PM me man!

That would give me almost 100! Wow! Pm coming, I’m in vegas for the SHOT show now.

ryan

On Killing and On Combat are both authored by Lt. Col. David Grossman.

quote Ryan:

On Killing and On Combat are both authored by Lt. Col. David Grossman.

Yup… That’s the guy. When did he write On Combat? Is it any good?

J-

giant-killer

Woops, I missed the post advising to shoot myself. I’ll be right back. Or not.

giant-killer

F***!!! Holy s***!!!! THIS HURTS!!!!!

cmetalman

For me I’d rather have the gun “arms reach” at least I’d have a chance to control the gun. knife I’d want to be at a far enough distance to use the nike defense and run like the “road runner”.

petion2000

<<I’ve gone to schools where I worked with some former Delta operators… Amazing to see those guys in action!>>

I’ve seen many US and Coalitions Special Ops in Action both in Afghanistan and Iraq. I’ve seen US Spcial forces (Green beret), Navy Seal, Devgru (AKA Seal team 6), SAS, SBS, SASR, and Polish GROM. I don’t want to say that Delta Force is the best. However, I must say that without a doubt that they are the best shooters and assaulters amongt all the coalition forces. No one has their trigger skill.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: