Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga advertisement photos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    kravmdjeff

So, we’ve all seen that buff chick who has an incorrect punch but is plastered all over KM websites, training facilities, and literature. Who is she? Was she simply a model hired by KMWW, or does she train, or what? Any info would be appreciated simply for pointless trivia’s sake

lor

I think I read somewhere that it’s both ~ she’s a model and she trains in KM.

ryan

You mean the \”chick\” on the homepage of your school’s site? 😆

anonymous

Ah, the mystery girl……

She used to train regularly at the NTC, but disappeared some years ago.

I think the pictures were taken around the time our videos/DVD’s were shot (1999?).

kravmdjeff

Ryan…yes, the chick who’s on my school’s site. I didn’t make the website. You have Bryan to thank for that…mine would be WAY cooler.

stvb

Where is she punching wrong? It looks to me like she is throwing an elbow on the Krav MD site (she is in white wraps, not yellow).

I think that the only problem with having a super-buff woman on the front of the web site is that it may be daunting to women. They won’t say \”wow, I’ll look like her soon\”, they’ll say \”geez, I’m really wimpy compared to her and I’m afraid I’ll look stupid or get hurt\”.

On the other hand, I think that having her pic on the website is a great draw to bring guys to Krav. 🙂

Hmmm…maybe that is why we have so many more men than women who train at our gym…just kidding!

andre

How do you think the average guy would feel about a picture of Amir, Sam, or Bas?

lor

Her picture had the opposite effect on me. I saw her and thought, \”Cool, they teach women.\” I went to my first trial class one week later.

They could have alternating pictures of both men and women of different sizes and ages. I know as a customer, that would appeal to me a great deal. Just a picture of Bas would scare me away.

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”Lor\:

Her picture had the opposite effect on me. I saw her and thought, \”Cool, they teach women.\” I went to my first trial class one week later.

They could have alternating pictures of both men and women of different sizes and ages. I know as a customer, that would appeal to me a great deal. Just a picture of Bas would scare me away.

I agree. Because most people aren’t chiseled like she is..The average person or before and after pictures would probably attract more people. But then it is a fine line between appealing to people that want to learn a SD or people that only want fitness. I guess in the long run you get both.. 😀

lor

I did a net search on my particular school prior to signing up and found an article in one of our local newspapers. It featured some of the women who take Krav, including a woman in her 70s. That’s exactly what I wanted to see because I’m not going for

a) the super tough, macho atmosphere

or

b) the fitness aspect. I own a treadmill ~ I’m good in that department.

I just want some help in learning how to defend myself should a guy ever jump me in the parking lot or break into my house and threaten my children. That’s all. I couldn’t care less about 6 pack abs.

So while I appreciate Bas’ hard-earned physique, I’m equally happy to see women and men from all walks of life advertising Krav. Hell, *I’ll* pose ~ for free! (Has to be a groin shot though! 😛 )

ryan

\”the fitness aspect. I own a treadmill ~ I’m good in that department.\”

Sorry, but a treadmill, at least used in the traditional sense, has ZERO combat functional applicability. If your goal is to be able to walk/run long distances on a flat surface, then you’re good to go, though. 😉

lor

Re:

Ryan ~ \”If your goal is to be able to walk/run long distances on a flat surface, then you’re good to go, though. 😉 \”

Nike defense? 😀

My point was, I wouldn’t join Krav strictly for the fitness aspect, and I think there’s a percentage of women who would agree with me. \”Fitness\” pushes me to buy a treadmill. \”Self Defense\” pushes me to Krav class.

While the two might work nicely together, one does not inspire me to do the other.

ryan

\”Nike defense?\”

I’ve never seen anyone on a treadmill who looked like they were running for their life.

philst

Its all different types of fitness though. I could run/cycle for miles before starting Krav, and yet after I started it still took my body nearly a week to recover after each session.

In fact, my \”Nike defense\” is probably not as potent as it was nowadays, despite my fitness increases in every other area. Guess I oughta hit the park…

chicochi

Here is the picture I think Jeff is referring to:

http://www.kravmagapdx.com/img3.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: