Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga advertisement photos

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    lor

Re:

Ryan ~ \”Nike defense?

I’ve never seen anyone on a treadmill who looked like they were running for their life.\”

‘Tis a joke. 😉

Anyway, you get my point right? I’m not saying the treadmill makes one completely physically fit for every possible scenario. That would be silly.

So if I were in charge of advertising for Krav, and this is strictly from a female student’s point of view, I would be sure to show images of all kinds of people ~ male, female, younger, older, thin, heavy, and all the in-betweens. My attempt would be to put out the message that Krav is for anybody interested in no nonsense self defense.

I wouldn’t even make fitness an issue. As a customer, if I were interested in fitness, I wouldn’t be looking up self defense in the first place. I’d be heading to Sears to buy a stair climber or something. The buff dude or chick in a Krav ad would have zero effect on me.

The fact that Krav considers conditioning to be an important part of the whole process mucks up my idea a bit. But these are the thoughts off the top of my head.

ryan

Lor, I’m not trying to bust your chops, but you did say:

\”the fitness aspect. I own a treadmill ~ I’m good in that department.\”

To me, that implies that is all one needs. Now, if that’s all one wants, no problem, but that’s not how I took it. If you didn’t mean it as such, cool, but I didn’t want others to think a treadmill alone was enough or could somehow replace the kind of fitness training done in Krav Maga. They are very different animals.

lor

Lord no, that’s not what I meant. (I must have edited my post while you were typing this last one.) 🙂

h2h

alright..back to the original topic: anybody know what happend to that girl ?

kravmdjeff

Nike defense…that’s funny. I’m going to buy a rabid dog for my running routine so I’ll know what it’s like to run for my life.

anonymous

I bet she is reading this and is getting ready to file some restraining orders….

johnwhitman

She still trains here off and on. She also competes in fitness competitions.

kravmdjeff

It’s not an obsession by any means (file under \”Neve Campbell\”) but she’s so ubiquitous, I just figured it would be interesting to know something about it.

clfmak

\”I’ve never seen anyone on a treadmill who looked like they were running for their life.\”

Personally I like to run like I’m chasing someone who’s running for their life.

anonymous

Yeah, yeah, KravMDjeff. The beauty queens, the Krav girl, Neve Campbell (?!) 😯

I’m on to you… 😉

anonymous

whats that story about a fox chasing a rabbit? The young boy is worried, and his grandfather says not to because the fox is running for his dinner, but the rabbit is running for his life…

ryan

\”wrist turned way too far over, so that she’d hit with her pinky knuckles\”

Actually, a lot of fighters, at full extension, have punches that look just like that. To say she punches \”wrong\” based on this still is a bit of BS to me.

g-v

Re:

quote \”CLFMak\:

\”I’ve never seen anyone on a treadmill who looked like they were running for their life.\”

Personally I like to run like I’m chasing someone who’s running for their life.

lol

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”Ryan\:

\”wrist turned way too far over, so that she’d hit with her pinky knuckles\”

Actually, a lot of fighters, at full extension, have punches that look just like that. To say she punches \”wrong\” based on this still is a bit of BS to me.

I agree with saying that she punches wrong. Since I come from a Traditional Karate background and was taught to punch with the first two knuckles. And now train Krav and have learned that if you punch with only the first two knuckels it puts your wrist in an awkward position. If you straighten the wrist to align correctly and be a straight line you actually punch more with the last two knuckles. With that being said, I still use my first two, cuz after 10 years of karate, old habits are hard to break.. 😯

anonymous

Perhaps shes doing some sort of long range roundhouse punch?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: