Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga advertisement photos

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    lor

And I can kill a person with my thumbs.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Lor\:

And I can kill a person with my thumbs.

Choose your weapon, killer: http://domainer.typepad.com/video_games_blog/images/xbox.jpg

😆

anonymous

I can stare a person down to death. 😈 Don’t even need to lift the pinky…

kravmdjeff

The punch comment, on my part, was just intended as a side-comment as a pet peeve of mine. I’ll delete my post to make sure folks know that it was never that important to me to talk about it in the first place, even though I think I brought it up first.

lor

For what it’s worth, I don’t think you need to delete your post. Online conversations take natural turns just like face-to-face conversations, only online it’s more difficult to read intention.

One thing I’ve learned about forums though ~ don’t post *anything* you’re not willing to discuss ad nauseam. 🙄 😆

I also participate in an education forum (connected to my daughters’ school), and one poor woman made an innocent comment in her post like…\”I just don’t want to trust my kids to minimum wage daycare workers.\” It was a teeny tiny part of her post, and she certainly never meant to slam anyone who works for minimum wage, but someone was feeling feisty and zeroed in on it. Oy, what a firestorm.

Plus, it’s easier for people to \”argue\” online than it is face to face, so you’ll always have more misunderstandings. In fact, I’d like to collect a dime for every misunderstanding I see. 😉

anonymous

Yeah, don’t delete your post. It’ll only confuse people, who’ll come across this thread later on.

clfmak

\”Well, with trying not be mean, and tell you to take a hike. Yes, ten years. Karate, at leat most teach to use the first two knuckles to strick with. Just cuz you were taught one way, don’t talk down to the way others were trained. I never said the way I was taught was right, just that I was taught that way. It is all about learning. And maybe you should learn to be more respectful and not talk out your Arse….\”

I’m not suggesting that karate doesn’t teach to hit with the last two knuckles- obviously it does. I am an advocate of the first two knuckles. Both ways are correct, assuming you have the correct alignment for that strike. The learning devices I mentioned (mainly the makiwara, also the sand bag, and others) are to teach this alignment. I don’t know if you ever used one of these in your ten years, but it seems like you would at some point in karate, and if so you would have picked up the alignment of the wrist and first two knuckles pretty quickly. I believe the way you were taught was most likely right, but maybe you were never exposed to or didn’t pursue any training methods to develop wrist alignment. In my opinion, this is a very fundamental detail of karate (without contact, there is no reality- Masatatsu Oyama) and can be picked up in less than a year by most people, assuming good training methods.
    I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but I was baffled at your statement given your background. To me, its like saying you did karate ten years but gave an inaccurate description of a front stance. I’m not talking out of my arse, and if you think I am, be like me- get specific. What did I say that was inaccurate? That’s how criticism is supposed to work.
    Sorry, it just bothers me when people (not necessarily you) complain about their useless TMA training so they join krav (or sometimes MMA) and then badmouth \”their\” old martial art when they never really got it but still present themselves as an expert. I guess some of that frustration came out at you.

anonymous

Please, not to rekindle the debates, but here is a Picture of Jennifer Lopez I found doing a simular pose to the mystery lady.

http://members.lycos.nl/dushiSITA/hpbimg/layoutjlo.jpg

http://www.osn.goe.ni.schule.de/kids/Internet_AG_1_2003/jule_bea/images/J_Lo%2520Punch.jpg

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”CLFMak\:

\”Well, with trying not be mean, and tell you to take a hike. Yes, ten years. Karate, at leat most teach to use the first two knuckles to strick with. Just cuz you were taught one way, don’t talk down to the way others were trained. I never said the way I was taught was right, just that I was taught that way. It is all about learning. And maybe you should learn to be more respectful and not talk out your Arse….\”

I’m not suggesting that karate doesn’t teach to hit with the last two knuckles- obviously it does. I am an advocate of the first two knuckles. Both ways are correct, assuming you have the correct alignment for that strike. The learning devices I mentioned (mainly the makiwara, also the sand bag, and others) are to teach this alignment. I don’t know if you ever used one of these in your ten years, but it seems like you would at some point in karate, and if so you would have picked up the alignment of the wrist and first two knuckles pretty quickly. I believe the way you were taught was most likely right, but maybe you were never exposed to or didn’t pursue any training methods to develop wrist alignment. In my opinion, this is a very fundamental detail of karate (without contact, there is no reality- Masatatsu Oyama) and can be picked up in less than a year by most people, assuming good training methods.
    I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but I was baffled at your statement given your background. To me, its like saying you did karate ten years but gave an inaccurate description of a front stance. I’m not talking out of my arse, and if you think I am, be like me- get specific. What did I say that was inaccurate? That’s how criticism is supposed to work.
    Sorry, it just bothers me when people (not necessarily you) complain about their useless TMA training so they join krav (or sometimes MMA) and then badmouth \”their\” old martial art when they never really got it but still present themselves as an expert. I guess some of that frustration came out at you.

whoa, whoa, and double whoa. I never once bad mouthed my TMA. I love it and incorporate my TMA training into Krav. My point was, I trained to use the first two knuckles and it wasn’t until visiting another forum that someone mentioned when using the last three knuckles that it puts the wrist in a natural alignment. To answers your question about Makiwara, sand bags, I have a homemade maki in my backyard and two sands bags.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter. It is so hard to understand or know where someone is coming from by reading on a forum. One of the many internet flaws..

Out of curiousity, do you trian TMA now? or did? Krav now or did?

Thanks…

la-revancha

Sorry to get here so late.

\”I’ve never seen anyone on a treadmill who looked like they were running for their life.\”

Funny.

anonymous

Looks like J Lo is going for some type of hook punch, but her wrist seems to be misaligned and her pinky is sticking out.

She’s pretty though, so I’m sure KravMDjeff is going to like her… 😉

clfmak

As I said, I wasn’t suggesting it was necessarily you badmouthing TMA without understanding (some people badmouth with understanding, which is fine).
    You can probably appreciate how strange it sounds to suggest that the wrist goes out of alignment when striking with the first two knuckles if you have a makiwara and sand bags. The natural alignment most people have is with the bottom knuckles, but natural and correct alignment are not necessarily the same thing-the first time you hit one of those targets you might have found this.
    I train/teach choy li fut kung fu now. Although we don’t use the makiwara, there’s a number of different training devices for striking, blocking, etc. My karate backgroud comes from tang soo do (which is not really Japanese karate but has lots of Shotokan elements) and having some friends in various karate styles- kyokushin and shotokan. There’s some other MA stuff in there as well- FMA, tai chi, submission grappling, and books on every sort of MA. My krav background is actually very limited- I’ve gone to a few seminars, and have been on this forum for a few years since the Attack Proof forum went down and I was looking for another RBSD forum. So, basically I train in TMA now but have an eye towards practical application and drills- so I try to read about and go to seminars on krav, other combatives, various weapons, and mixed martial arts.

jl

G.V.

Just when I think things are getting away you bring in some serious comedy….thank you. Now go and do your pinky push-ups….3 sets of twentyfive one hand at a time! 😈

kravmdjeff

She’d be even more attractive if she knew how to punch right (j/k for you Ryan)

clfmak

The deadliest of the finger skills:
    http://www.martialartsmart.net/dvdat103.html

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: