Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga (instructors)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    atakrav

I am writing this because my instructor for Krav Maga half the time is someone who is not trained in Krav Maga. And the instructor who is Trained teaches about 50 percent if not less of the time. I have to go to another Krav maga location because the instructor who is not certified, SUCKS!

If I can beat up my instructor, than I don’t wanna train from them.

ryan

I’m pretty sure Mike Tyson would have kicked Cus D’amato’s ass, but I wouldn’t want to learn to box from Tyson.

johnwhitman

Feel free to email me at [email protected]. No one should be teaching even one class who is not a certified instructor. We want to know where that school is located. You can remain anonymous.

jerry68

I have attended classes taught by \”Apprentice\” Instructors (Instructor present) that did as good a job as the regular Instructors. It really depends on the \”attitude\” of the studio. And NO, I will not anonymously report who or where….

runnergirl

I have learned a ton from more senior students. One fellow student is a military Krav/H2H instructor, when our regular instructor is ill, he fills in. We can choose not to attend, but there’s very little difference in the class. If anything, it’s harder!

Aren’t there three schools in your area anyway?

eddie-c

I train in Broomfield, CO with James and Shannon Hiromasa. Completely satisfied with both of them as instructors and with the school as a whole.

culater411

Apprentice Instructors

Although I just started they have two \”Apprentice Instructors\” where I train and they are both awesome. They come from different martial arts backgrounds but both are very highly competent. One of them was an Army Ranger or Marine or something like that and he really knows how to do a good work out. Both of these guys are hard core and totally into Krav. They were both senior students before they became Apprentices and they have an excellent knowledge base. As for our normal Instructors they both rock. These guys are great and they really try to have more than one instructor or an instructor and an apprentice there so you can get some one on one time.

ryan

Okay, two different issues. Non-KM instructors shouldn’t be teaching KM. John’s addressed that.

The second leads me to believe that atakrav doesn’t really understand self protection. He said, \”If I can beat up my instructor, than I don’t wanna train from them.\” What does being able to beat up your instructor have to do with his ability to impart valuable self protection techniques and tactics? atakrav obviously views self protection as purely physical, ignoring the behavioral and psychological elements. Should I not learn football from Joe Gibbs, because he can’t tackle me? Should I stay away from Roy Williams, because he can’t beat me in a game of one-on-one? Cus D’amato? Emanuel Stewart? Master Toddy?

jerry68

I have no problem with \”Apprentice\” Instructors training me, as long as they do an effective job teaching proper technique. Just because they haven’t \”bought\” their instructor certs from the NTC means little to me.

atakrav

Hmm

It seems like every post I give, someone has to bash it. I am not sure why, or what the fasination is with giving negative responses towards someones posts. I simply said that if I can take my instructor, then I don’t want to traine from him. And that is absolutely correct. If your a black belt, do you train from a white belt? I bieleve that there are things that I can learn from him yes, but not as much as someone who actually knows Krav Maga. You people kill me, you just jump at the chance to prove someone wrong. Its nuts!!

kurtuan

hang on, atakrav, you seem to be addressing two different things. Black belts don’t train under white belts, that’s true, but that doesn’t mean a white belt can’t beat a black belt. Having a black belt means you’ve acquire more knowledge in a particular system, it doesn’t guarantee that you are a better fighter. I wouldn’t want to train under someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing, but just because someone can’t beat me up doesn’t mean they don’t have valuable information to share with me. As far as people \”bashing\” your posts, well if you don’t like getting responses don’t post.

atakrav

You guys

Its just that everytime I try to say something, someone has to tell me I am wrong. My instructor is great at Taekwondo, he can beat me when we spar. As far as Krav Maga goes I know more than he does. I just wanted to say that one thing.

markx3

Iíve trained with several female Krav instructors. Every one of them has always taught me, and corrected me on something or another. I always learn from them regardless if I think I can beat them up or not.

chguise

I find it interesting that, finally, female instructors were mentioned. I knew it was coming and waited for it. Assuming that one can \”beat up\” their instuctor is pretty funny. If you don’t want to train under someone, don’t, female or not (I know you weren’t saying anything negative about chick teachers markx3).

And as for purchasing certification, it’s purchased with sweat, pain and hard, hard work. The NTC is doing their best to keep the system at the highest possible level so that their initial intention of teaching people Krav Maga is met and exceeded.

Having trained with a fantastic group of guys, I have only the highest respect for all of them. Being able to beat any of them was never a concern of mine, except at poker of course.

And atakrav, don’t look for insults, you’ll always find them. Your post came off as pompous, saying you beat up your instructor. Just because someone is smaller or say, not as strong does not mean that they don’t have the skills to teach to you. It was never about winning, it was always about walking away alive. Hopefully you came to learn, not to be king of the mountain.

I’ve several guys at my gym that most likely think they could take me, that’s fine. In a stand up, rule filled match, probably. But in a life or death struggle, I’ll win, I have not one doubt about that.

noleone

Non Certified Instructors

Been lurking for a while now. But had to register when this subject came up. Back to the topic of non Krav instructors teaching class. I can tell you it happens in Orlando all the time and every time it happens it pisses me off. I didn’t sign up for Krav to be tought by Tae kwon do techniques. These schools need to be reigned in. They use Krav Maga to get students in the door and then try to sell them something else later. I was initially very happy with the class but then it became more of a fitness class and is taught frequently by a non-certifed Krav instructor. Not Good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: