Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga (instructors)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    ryan

The irony is, all you’ve done since you joined the forum is complain. 😕

atakrav

thank you for pointing that out, what relevence does that have to do anything? or what good could possibly come out of that?

la-revancha

ata,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Study the link carefully. Hopefully it will persuade you to take a different tone in your posts. 💡

The troll archetype has been absent from this recent version of the forum (discounting the Moni Aizik disciples). We’ve dealt with a few permutations over the last few years (BS & nyc78 come to mind).

kurtuan

rich f, I wouldn’t discount a school offering Krav just because they also teach Tae Kwon Do until you’ve checked out their program (which maybe you have). The school I attend teaches Tae Kwon Do, but the classes are completely seperate from the Krav classes. We don’t bow when entering the dojo, nor do we bow to a flag and the techniques that are taught are Krav techniqes. Again that’s just my school, but you may be missing out on a much more convenient location….

lordxeipher

Good Instructor

I think a good instructor is required in order to become a true master of an art. There are a lot of schools out there where the instructors are masters of the art, but are not always masters of teaching. Sometimes teaching takes years of practice in order to effectively do so, some pick it up as naturally as walking or breathing. The problem really needs to be address in this issue is A. why is a non-certified Krav Maga instructor teaching the class/someone who doesn’t know the art B. It is important to always respect your master, even when you think you are better than them. Give them the benefit of the doubt C. If they are not properly teaching the class this probably needs to be addressed with the right people D. There are other schools in your area and I would recommend learning there. Perhaps what is happening is that you have done well in another martial arts and are a natural at it, and so the instructors are teaching at a pace slower than you would like to be working at. If you are looking for a more intense training, you will probably pay a dear price. I often find a good school, but at a high price to train from them.

Good Luck in resolving this situation…

Lord Xeipher 💡

atakrav

I basically told my instructor and the school owner that I was looking for other schools. So maybe that will persuade him to train with me a little more.

myaslan

I live in Arizona, and my instructors are absolutely wonderful. They do such a good job, and now I am addicted to Krav Maga. They offer advice, and they are encouraging as well. I am very happy with them.

mara-jade

Krav Maga Instructors

atakrav,

That’s a bummer about the center you’re going to. The instructors here in San Antonio totally rock. I think we have 2 black belts – I know for sure the center’s owner just got his recently. I’ve learned so much from each and every one of them. I feel guilty when I don’t go and I do my best to go everyday the center is open.

I can hear your frustration in your post but like was stated earlier – don’t think everyone’s out to bash you or you always will find a post that upsets you.

Just wondering, what level are you? I believe in our fight class you have to be level 2 or get permission from the instructor. As for the no one wanting to fight you, I’m not sure what kind of ‘fight’ class is over there. They ‘dont want to get hit REALLY makes no sense. We don’t beat ourselves to a pulp, but believe me, there’s a definite workout 😀 . Students not having the equipment doesn’t make sense either. After I passed level 1 (already had mouthpiece and forearm guards) and knew I was committed to continuing on, I bought the whole enchilada – headgear, shin guards, etc. I don’t know what instructors make doing this, but I doubt anyone here expects them to equip the students with everything. I’m sure the equipment the centers have to buy as it is isn’t cheap.

I recently moved to level 3 but I’m now going back to 1/2 classes. I know the basic moves for each, but I need tweaking/review. You have to know all that stuff anyhow and from what I’ve heard about testing for level 3 – ‘if you don’t know it, don’t bother’ 😉 . I seem to pick up some little technique that helps that I didn’t see before.

Hope you’re able to continue on with KM. As for the female comment, I know for our female instructors here, those who don’t know them and think they could take them – I feel SORRY for them 😉

atakrav

Ive been doing level one for like 2 years now because no one can test me to for level 2, i have to go somewhre to get it, which i plan on doing here in a few weeks or so. I don’t know if it costs any money (which it probably will) but i don’t have any so that won’t work out. But i was boxing and doing intro fight with one of my teachers but he isn’t really at that school anymore so, i have to go somewhere else. But its alright, I’m just gonna go to the other one i start going there on Monday, so im pretty excited to get some real training in again. : )

mara-jade

atakrav,

Good luck on going to the new center to train – hope it all works out. As for testing, yes it does cost. I can only speak for what’s done here in San Antonio. Part of the cost is the workshop you go through before you test – it’s actually ‘wear you out’ and review. If during review, the instructor sees you’re not ready (doing more learning than tweaking), they’ll let you know so you don’t pay the rest, take the test and waste your money. I haven’t seen anyone not go through the test yet when I tested.

Good luck! 😀

atakrav

I just talked to my school and that told me that I couldn’t switch, i could only go there maybe once every week or two. Its my freaking money, ATA is terrible, never take classes in TAekwondo i beg anyone….

leftie79

Mara_Jade–You have to pay for the workshop and the test separately? Never heard of that. My tests have all been one fee (workshop and test) but never separate. I guess that’s how your school does it.

Ata–What do you mean never take classes in TKD? Or do you mean not through ATA? That sucks they won’t let you switch.

gump

i took KM for a year and i’d say 80% of the time, the owner / instructor wasn’t even there let alone personally teaching it. he had assistants. i didn’t feel i was getting my money’s worth and ended up quiting. i’m looking for a different KM instructor as we speak. i’m willing to drive further, just as long as i get my money’s worth.

atakrav

Don’t take taekwondo through the ATA, its pointless. Taekwondo isn’t a martial art, its a martial SPORT we tag spar, great.

Im just upset that my school won’t let me switch over, its so riduclous because i pay for it, i should be able to get my money’s worth. Does anyone know the email address to that guy that you talk too if your school isn’t worth a darn?

mara-jade

Leftie79,

When I took my test, I paid at the end of it for both. I think it’s a good thing they don’t make you pay for it all if during review they see you’re just not ready. Why test if you’d be wasting your time and the instructor’s? It’s fine with me there’s a cost for the workshop – it’s their time as well as yours. My test hasn’t been less that 4 hours start to finish. My last one was almost 5.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: