Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga (instructors)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    jt

To anyone who is not being taught by a certified/competent KM instructor…. PLEASE EMAIL JOHN WHITMAN!!! That is why he put his email address on this thread. If you are unhappy with your training and have issues with non-certified instructors teaching classes, you can help out the entire KM organization by reporting these incidents. It won’t change at your school if you just come on the forum and complain anonymously to anonymous people. As John said, you can be anonymous, but let him know the specifics so that any problems can be addressed. If these issues aren’t addressed, then unfortunately, one poor school becomes a reflection of the system to many people who only see that side of KM.

atakrav

Female instructors

A reply to the female thread,

All of the female teachers who teach krav maga I am actually scared to death of them, more than my non-certified teacher.

I’m just afraid of women in fights, because they will grab your well you know whats, and rip them right off… scary…

but as far as the instruction of krav maga, I think i am going to have to go out to a different school to train. Its alright i soppose, but it just upsets me that I loved krav maga untill my REAL instructor stopped teaching it. Now i have to drive 30 minutes to learn how to defend myself. Upseting…

markx3

Dirve 30 min?!?!? Thats nothing. I’m sure most people have to drive 30 minutes each way to learn Krav. I do. Krav isnt like McDonalds where there is one on every corner. You should be gald its only 30 min. I read posts all the time about people who can’t train in Krav because the school is several hours away.

atakrav

aaah

Actually it is 30 both ways, but it a little out of the way for me because I don’t have alot of money and I have to pay for my college so I really don’t have the luxry to do something like that.

sashahaus

Feel free to email me at [email protected]. No one should be teaching even one class who is not a certified instructor. We want to know where that school is located. You can remain anonymous.

jerry68……And NO, I will not anonymously report who or where….

Please reconsider. I understand not wanting to squeal. But if you have a substandard instructor everyone suffers and your school keeps going down hill. NTC just helps maintain high standards, quality instruction and I would think the first two ingrediants = profitable schools.

chguise

atakrav,

So your real issue was about being taught by an uncertified instructor? I think you have the right to be upset and unsatisfied with that.

It’s a shame that you’re being forced to another school because they’re not abiding by the agreement they must have signed with NTC, especially if the level of teaching has gone down.

I hope you find a solution without having to plop down a bunch more money. Considering gas prices, I agree, thirty minutes each way is a lot.

culater411

Apprentice Instructor

Ok, I after reading all of this stuff I had to ask one of my apprentice instructors the big question, \”What are apprentice instructors?\” His response: ìApprentice Instructors are generally upper level students who agree to become instructors. They spend a lot of extra time (80 hours, I think he said) learning how to teach a class from the certified instructors, then they do mock teaching with the certified instructors, then they assist in class, then they finally teach a few class on their own to make sure they can handle it, and finally they go to the National Center place for certification training.î He said it was one of two ways to become certified the other was something he called ìphase or block training.î I am quite sure that these guys are good instructors and being a female I want to learn from people who know their stuff and these guys do whether they are fully certified or on their way to being certified doesn’t matter. And the tall one is really cute too, so that makes it even better. 😆

chguise

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s something your own gym put into place. The NTC ( and again, correct me if I’m wrong ) doesn’t allow uncertified instructors to teach even one class, deciding whether they can handle it is the Center’s job.

atakrav

I bought the training gear, the krav maga head gear and the boxing gloves and no one can train with me because no one else has that stuff. And no one else apprently wants to get hurt, and all I want to do is get hit. I asked someone if they could spar with me tonight (krav Maga style) and then they said no because they didn’t want to get hurt, I get upset becuase i want to learn how to defend myself and other people are just like, whatever… la la la.

chguise

That’s a shame atakrav. Don’t you guys have a fight class in place? I can’t believe no one has the equip. We require only a mouth guard for level one, but after that shin pads, headgear, sixteen once gloves are needed and required.

Even the kids, both teens and youth spar regularly. And I have a group of women who get together and beat each other every Monday morning. Fighting, after you’ve learned most of the defensive moves hones your skills better than just practicing the same move over and over knowing each time what’s coming.

There has to be people of the same mind set as you there. I’d suggest looking around, they may be timid. I lost the bottoms of my front two teeth the other day in an accident that was entirely my fault. And a few weeks ago I had a wicked black eye, swollen shut Rocky style (too bad it wasn’t from anything tough). People get freaked out easily when they see that type of stuff. No one wants to get hurt, or be left bruised for work the next day.

rich-f

I agree with a couple of previous posters in this thread. I don’t care what someone did before krav but once in a \”krav class\” there should only be krav techniques taught. I am going to travel over 1.5 hours each way to get to a real krav class because I am making a decision not to take a Krav class at any of the Tae Kwon Doe schools that are within a short distance from here. If I wanted to bow to a Korean flag or anything else or say yes master or yes sir etc etc I would have started years ago instead of training in Krav.

leftie79

Since we are all focusing on the \”negative\” part of our instructors, let’s focus on some \”positive\” aspects. What makes a good instructor? Is it their knowledge? The way they teach class to make you want to go out and use it? The way they make class fun and do different stuff each class? I’m sure even good instructors have negative things we can say about them but we now have 2 pages about KM instructors whether good, bad or inbetween. So I now think we should switch and share our \”postive\” experiences we have had.

atakrav

My REAL instructor is awesome. The good points about him is that hes tuff in the fact that if someone complains (which most of the females do) he dosen’t care and tells them to leave class if they don’t like it. We do real combat training with pads and sparing. He has sparred me with the head gear and boxing gloves and I love it. He’s willing to try grappling with me (even though he still is a taekwondo teacher) and he knows what people need. Not workouts that I can do at home, actual training that shows what to do when your in chokes, holds and whatever else. If i want to do situps I can home and do them, My real instuctor is awesome because he actually trans with us, and is up beat about it and wants to learn new things and what not. And he loves to spar with me (krav maga style) which is awesome, thats what makes a good instructor to me…

culater411

Instructors

Well the tall dreamy cute instructor wasn’t at class tonight, but the shorter one is cute too and he worked us out pretty good. My instructors are great. They are tough, you can see it on them. They workout a lot you can just tell they look lean and fit. And they all train and work us hard. I may be a girl but I don’t complain about anything so please don’t say all girls complain because that is sexist and unfair.

It is nice to have instructors who actually look like they can handle themselves that is important, especially when they are teaching you fitness and self-defense. And it does’t hurt that they are good looking either.

Oh yeah some of you boys need to learn how to type and spell.

CULATER 😀

atakrav

Hmm, you seem a little attached to your instructors….

and i wasn’t saying ALL females complain, all the females complain that are in my class…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: