Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Question: Telling people about your training

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    brewerm

Re: Question: Telling people about your training

I think it must be instinctive to try and accept a “challenge” whether real or percieved that they are the biggest badest and that you have somehow presented yourself as dominant? I don’t know not alot of very bright people out there who seem to lean toward violence far too quickly especially around team sports. My son’s football games cause some seriously heated “discussions” between sets of fans and I am not happy on either side. :dunno:

lcash

A few years ago I was on a project in Luanda Angola. I had nothing clean to wear other than my Krav T-shirt. Most said nothing about it because they speak Portuguese and very little english or hebrew. However, since I work with several international people one of the Arab technicians from Saudi asked if I really trained in Krav. We got into a lengthy conversation about MA and it turns out he is ranked in BJJ. We became good friends after that sharing different strategies and defenses. He taught me a good ground game and I showed him how NOT to go to the ground. :D:

Lcash

pbj

I like how krav has a hard core reputation, and many people are quite interested in this “eye opening” self-defense system.

So if someone asks you “Do you practice in krav?”

all you have to say is…

*shifty eyes*

“id tell you. but id have to kill you.” (while handing out a business card)

works like a charm. thumbsup

lol

pbj

I like how krav has a hard core reputation, and many people are quite interested in this “eye opening” self-defense system.

So if someone asks you “Do you practice in krav?”

simply all you have to say is…

*shifty eyes*

“id tell you. but then id have to kill you.” (while handing out a business card)

works like a charm. thumbsup

lol

paragon

I have not made much of it to my bosses. In fact, I just refer to it as my “aerobics” class. My co worker knows, and I have practiced with a few of the 20-somethings a little bit.

Most people just look at me. So if I say anything, I just say “martial arts.”

ali

I tell everyone – I’m a one-woman marketing team! 🙂 All my co-workers know. The guys have started wearing cups to work – I can’t understand why.. 🙂

Seriously, though. I’m proud of what I can do – and I am very passionate about it. I enjoy sharing that passion with others.

-Ali

unstpabl1

quote Ali:

I tell everyone – I’m a one-woman marketing team! 🙂 All my co-workers know. The guys have started wearing cups to work – I can’t understand why.. 🙂

Seriously, though. I’m proud of what I can do – and I am very passionate about it. I enjoy sharing that passion with others.

-Ali

But your confusing me. Your tagline and your post is contradictory:dunno:thumbsup

brewerm

I am pleased that I have lost some weight and feel much better. I am reluctant to tell people as I don’t want to appear to be bragging or want to be perceived as trying to pick a fight

ali

quote unstpabl1:

But your confusing me. Your tagline and your post is contradictory:dunno:thumbsup

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I know, right? I really shouldn’t talk about Fight Club, but it’s so much fun! 🙂

Great movie, wasn’t it? Seriously.

unstpabl1

quote Ali:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I know, right? I really shouldn’t talk about Fight Club, but it’s so much fun! 🙂

Great movie, wasn’t it? Seriously.

Are you trying to get me to talk about Fight Clubthumbsup

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Whats the first rule of fight club? “go home safe”

kmky

if people ask where i got the black eye from i’ll tell them. i’ve done my best to recruit co-workers and friends. several of them have tried the class out and most have joined. i do my best to increase the size of the school, the more students they have, the more likely they will continue to get certified and the further i can advance is my basic thought process.

but, i admit, in the beginning i was more hesitant since i didn’t want to appear to be bragging or trying to sound like a bad-a$$.

ali

quote CJs Dad:

Whats the first rule of fight club? “go home safe”

That’s a great rule for Fight Club.

🙂

ali

quote unstpabl1:

Are you trying to get me to talk about Fight Clubthumbsup

Always! It’s one of my all-time favorites. The fact that this new ‘Never Back Down’ movie is being called the ‘next Fight Club’ makes me sad….

Sorry, sorry – off topic!

Ali

unstpabl1

quote Ali:

That’s a great rule for Fight Club.

🙂

The reason CJ’s Dad has that rule is that he’s partial to the Jumping Spinning Flying axe kick. Its a secret very rare krav technique that was original developed in the Warsaw ghetto to fight nazi’s. It was extremely effective against them as they tended to walk with a goosestep,speak with an accent and were overly serious

Later it was further perfected by Imi’s super secret R&D camp hidden in the unlikely serenity of Toledo Ohio. Far from the eyes of the spies.

The technique is extremely effective against overly serious humorless assailiants and very angry indivividuals. Not to say that it is a bad tech to throw against someone with a sense of humor, just not as effective.

The reason for this is that when your attacker sees the intial movement, it activates an accupressure point. Its involuntary and no one is immune. The startle response it activates is laughter. The larger the stick up your azz and the less humor you have the stronger the laughter response

As you know when we laugh, our bodies contract. Laughter forces us to unvoluntarily bend over for minutes at a time. There by making the person extremely vulnerable to the axe kick.

The downside to the technique is that it leaves your groin and hammies vulnerable. Not to a counter attack but to pulling the crap outta your manstuff.

The reason for CJ’s Dad admonishment that the first rule of Fight Club is to go home safely is the lessons he’s learned due to age and his utter mastery of the Jumping Spinning Flying Axe kick. Through expirience he’s learned his lessons the hard way

Whats been happening in 99.9% of CJ’s Dad fights the last few years is that when he throws this brilliant undefensible technique it extends his manstuff to such an extreme degree that it literally seperates his shoulder. His opponent though only lightly stung by the kick itself,pulls his groin muscles all the way down to his achilles tendon from laughing so hard at CJ’s Dad swearing and withering on the floor at his feet. Giving both fighters a fun ride in an ambulence.

My research has uncovered a secret behind the original development of the jumping spinning flying axe kick. The first may seem like a no brainer, but the tech was developed by a woman as a defense against her often drunk lawyer first husband. After his mysterious demise from natural causes she married again. The autopsy revealed her husband simply had a body hemmorage. Causes unknown. My hopothecy is he laughed himself to death as the coronor noted a big stupid smile on his death masked

Later she taught the technique to her sister’s husband, a resistence fighter, basically cause she found it funny to watch him practice it and pull his manstuff on a regular basis

So from humble beginnings we not only get the the jumping spinning flying axe kick but the making of history with the revised first rule of Fight Club

I salute you…CJ’s Dadbow1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: