Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    johnwhitman

I would like you all to know of a massive, heartbreaking loss to the entire Krav Maga community.

Marni Levine passed away tonight after a long and courageous struggle against cancer.

This forum has become, if nothing else, the voice of the Krav Maga community. And whether you know it or not, Marni Levine had as much or more to do with the creation of the Krav Maga community than anyone else in the world.

Marni was a 4th degree black belt in Krav Maga, one of the chief designers and creators of the Krav Maga National Training Center, and one of the best teachers of Krav Maga that I have ever known. She was a wife, a wonderful mother, a valiant and true friend, and in addition to all that she was devoted to Krav Maga and worked tirelessly to make it grow. She fought long and hard to fulfill the dream of Imi, whom she knew personally and whom she respected immensely.

Death diminishes us. We are all diminished by Marni’s passing. She is survived by her beloved husband, Darren, and their two amazing daughters.

There is a grief there, a deep sorrow that you and I cannot touch. But on a lesser level, she is survived by us. By you, by me, by anyone who devotes themselves to Krav Maga…Marni is survived by those who not only embrace Krav Maga, but give it to others, give of themselves to make others safer and stronger in their lives.

kravmdjeff

I’ve never met any of the Levine family, but I think it would be hard for any individual to comprehend how extensive the contribution that Marni has made to the world. I only know her by reputation, and I still feel blessed to know the kind of person she is.

My wife and I will be praying for Darren and his family.

ryan

I just got a phone call about this an hour ago. Marni, to me, was a symbol of strength and courage and survival. She embodied everything I’d like to be and wish to impart to others. She will be greatly missed.

I don’t really have the words. I believe John said it best.

kirsten

John, so beautifully put.

Marni showed me how powerful a force a woman can be. I had never seen anyone move, teach, or strike like her. I have such respect for her, a true warrior. Marni… Thank you for showing me the way.

Darren, my friend, we love and support you and your family. Know that you have so many to turn to and ask for help, let them.

We love you.

Kirsten and Oneness

paulkmd

It’s really hard to express the feelings. What a wonderful and thoughtful person. Marni, thank you for everything. You will be missed.

Darren, our prayers are with you. God Bless You and Your daughters.

Zac and Paul with family.

lotar

My thoughts are with Darren and family in this sad time.

jamesh-d30

Of course mere words are inadequate and I am no wordsmith, but I have to at least try to convey what Marni means to us.

Marni has always been a driving force behind what Shannon and I personally strive for every day not only in Krav Maga, but also in life. That will never change. Even now, I cannot help but smile when I think of her.

Johnís words are so very accurate. She not only changed our lives, but as a result she continues to change the lives of thousands every day. Marniís time with us has left one very big footprint on this world and I for one will continue to draw strength from her in the hope that I can help even the smallest fraction of those that she has.

Darren, you know how much you and Marni mean to usÖjust know that our love and prayers are with you and the girls.

James and Shannon Hiromasa

kmsf

I am very sorry to hear of Marni’s passing. Darren, I am sorry for your family’s great loss. I didn’t know her personally but wish I had.

Larissa and I, are very saddened to learn the loss of Marni.

She has fought a hard and courageous battle against cancer!
    Marni will be greatly missed in a ways that are impossible to fathom.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Darren and his loved ones …
    Sincerely,

pannitto

Sig.Levine,
    ho appreso solo ora la notizia e ne sono rimasto senza parole.
    Mi riesce difficile anche scrivere queste poche righe.
    Il vuoto sar‡ incolmabile e solo proseguendo nel lavoro e nel cammino da voi iniziato sar‡ possibile fare in modo che la Sig.ra Marni sia ancora in parte a Lei Sig. Levine e tra di noi.
    Un abbraccio
    Sinceramente
    Giorgio Pannitto

ro

What a sad day. She was such a cool person ! Always made the time to make one feel at home when visiting the center, look you in the eye and give you the warmest smile and hug !
    What a loss.

emil

I am deeply saddened by this. Marni was an inspiration and an example for us all. A sad day indeed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Darren. May you have our strength at this toughest time. Marni’s spirit lives through us all.

hammerfist

Marni was a wonderful person and a great teacher , she will be deeply missed. She was an inspiration to everyone in Krav Maga. We love you Darren. Mark & Sherry Myers

juslearnin

I am so sorry for the loss. I had no idea. I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet and work with her when I did. My prayers will be with all of you, especially her family.
    Dominic

greenbeanie

My deepest sympathy to Mr. Levine and his family.

Yesterday, I was showing some women a few clips from \”The Best Defense\” DVD with Mrs. Levine demonstrating. I wanted to show them how a woman can decisively defend herself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: