Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    hbkravmaga

In Remembrance – HB KRAV MAGA

All of us at Huntington Beach Krav Maga will keep Darren and the girls in our prayers. Having had the priveledge of Marni teaching me in my phase A Instructors course I know the passion, and burning desire she had for the growth and development of Krav Maga. The best tribute anyone can give her is in helping to carry on the same attitude of self sacrifice and love for the system as she did. She dedicated her life to being the best Wife, Mother and role model for all women, and men both, involved in Krav Maga or who have had the blessing of having Marni impact their life, as she did mine. Levine family and KMNTC family our thoughts and prayers are with you in this challenging time!

Beau & Rebecca Durocher and The Huntington Beach Krav Maga Family

geode

I too wish the Levine family peace during this time of immense loss.

dukiejf

I would like to echo everything that’s been said here. Even though I never met Marni, her presence in the Krav Maga community cannot be denied. I think of how much training in Krav Maga is empowering, and how many people Marny had obviously reached, and to give that level of empowerment to so many people is to live a full life.

xkirian

I recently completed training another round at the NTC in July and saw Marni at the center while I was there, obviously she was in the middle of treatment and fighting a tremendous battle, but there she was running a meeting with the staff like nothing was wrong.

Her unwavering dedication to Krav Maga, her courage and her fighting spirit not only on the training floor, but in the face of her final battle will forever be etched in my memory.

It is with a heavy heart that those of us from the Santa Clara Krav Maga Team offer our heartfelt condolences, thoughts and prayers to the Levine family, the staff and students at the NTC and the Krav Community as a whole as we are truly better because of her efforts and less without……

, Kirian

fullspeed

Marni Marn, what will we do without you?

Marni Marn,

My hero. You’ve raised the bar on how to live life. You are the epitomy of integrity and class. Although we allowed time and distance to create space between us over the last few years, you have always been dear to my heart. Every moment we did spend together, you gave yourself fully to those moments and were present, aware. No moments were wasted, no time filled with small talk. Always a purpose, always a smile.

A friendship never fully formed, but still more meaningful than many.

What fun we had training together. You always had a way of making me see that Krav Maga was way too important to take completely serious. You allowed for fun, silliness and spontaneous laughter and it made kicking ass that more enjoyable.

Our early days working on the kids program was like making a cake without a recipe. Let’s try a little of this, and a pinch of this, oh yeah, and let’s throw in THAT! I’ll never forget you, Michael and I holding our first Krav Maga Kids Party at the NTC and using my little Haley as the test guinnea pig. What fun you made it for her – you didn’t hold back an ounce of anything. Thank you for making her 7th birthday the best ever! She’s turning 16 soon Marn – can you believe it?

Thank you for teaching. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for being. You have touched so many – I hope the ripple effect continues and we each learn by your example and keep the momentum of Marni in motion.

Love to you and your family

Leslie

h2h

Deepest condolences to Darren and his family.
    Marni will always live in all of us.

G.

markx3

I remember I would take her level 2 classes with Michael Margolin. She was an outstanding instructor. When those two teamed up to teach, that was Krav Maga at its best! Watching her hit focus mitts was amazing. I remember the first time seeing her in action my jaw dropped in disbelief because of how good she looked. I thought I was watching a professional boxer go to work. Right there she taught me to never underestimate anyone by size.

My sincerest condolences to the Levine family and all of Marniís friends. She will be missed.

Mark Z

johnwhitman

On behalf of Marni’s family and the Krav Maga family, too, I would like to thank you all so much for your thoughts.

I thought you would like to know a little about the service held for Marni.

Marni’s funeral was held on Sunday, Sept 3, at 0900. Well over 2,000 people (yes, over two thousand!) attended the service, filling the sanctuary and spilling out onto the grass outside the building itself.

The congregation was made up of men and women from Marni’s childhood, friends and family from her life, instructors and students of Krav Maga, police officers in dress uniform, SWAT commanders, world champion fighters…it was an inspiring testimony to the length and depth of Marni’s influence.

Krav Maga instructors came from all over the United States and Canada, from Japan and Israel.

So many people attended that the funeral director approached the rabbi afterward and said that in all his years he had never seen such a service.
    \”The parking attendants and groundskeepers,\” the director said, \”are asking me, ‘Who is that lady being buried? There are so many people here for her!’\”

The rabbi who conducted the service had performed Marni’s bat mitzvah, presided over the marriage of Marni and Darren, and conducted the ceremonies in which their daughters received their Hebrew names. As he began, he commented with tears in his eyes that this was a moment for him to be in the congregation, not in front of it.

Marni’s brothers Lee and Mitch spoke, as did her sister-in-law Michele and her life-long friend Karen, Darren’s sister Marcie and her husband. Marni’s mother and her daughter Jordyn read a poem that Marni had written, thanking everyone for their support.

I cannot do justice to the words they spoke. One theme wove itself through all their comments. They all spoke of how selfless she was, and how much she gave to others. Even in the hospital, when her friends came to visit her, she turned the conversation back to them, and how they were doing. All of them noted how that trait had been passed on to Marni’s daughters, each of whom spent time comforting their elders when they cried.

As an attendee, I saw this for myself. Marni’s mother, accompanied by Marni’s daughter Jordyn, read a poem Marni had written. Part way through, Marni’s mother sobbed and Jordyn immediately, immediately, put her arm around her grandmother and laid her head on her shoulder to comfort her.
    Those girls have lost their mother, and there they are helping others.

The rabbi spoke words that Darren had written, words full of love and grief and beauty that I cannot repeat. But Darren wrote one thing that I do want to convey, a story that will surprise no one who knew Marni. At the end of Marni’s life, she had a sustained heart rate of 150 and above and her blood pressure was low.The doctors said they had never seen a heart beat so fast for so long, and fight so hard. Darren said, \”That’s Marni.\”

The pall bearers were her family and friends, including Michael Margolin, with whom she shared a long and close friendship. The honorary pall bearers who followed behind were like an honor guard comprised of some of the best Krav Maga instructors in the world, SWAT commanders, police captains, and champion fighters. I think there is not a man among them who would not give his life for her and for Darren.

The other comment that was made many times was that Marni, of all people, would have been embarrassed by all the attention. In 37 years of life she did more than most do in their lifetime, but she did not demand or even want recognition. But we give it to her anyway, because she deserves it.

anonymous

I’m glad to hear that the girls seem to be so strong. I’ve seen them sometimes at the center, what sweet little girls and how horrible it must be for them to have lost their mom at such a young age.

Marni touched many lives, even of those she didn’t know well. My mother, for example, was extremely saddened to hear of her death even though she only met her a couple of times, when she was buying some shirts for me at the center.

Marni and Darren have always been the patriarchs of Krav Maga in the US and it will be very hard to imagine the NTC without her.

Alex

kravangel

Sorrow and Grief

To Darren and family, and all of the KMNTC instructors:

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you–we are truly saddened by Marni’s passing. She was an inspiration to us all and such a role model for me. I never had the opportunity to train with her but watched on many occasions as she worked with other students and future instructors. How I wished I could have trained with her just one time–I was (and still am) in awe. Her spirit will live on in each of us as we spread the love of Krav Maga to each student who walks through our doors.

John, thank you for sharing a little about Marni’s service with us. Your words were beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lisa Johnson and the UMAC Krav Maga Family
    UMAC Chino Hills

Marni’s passing…

Several years ago, I was a member at the Krav Maga National Training Center. I was able to take classes that Marni taught. I truly consider myself blessed for being able to partake in her vast knowledge and skill in Krava Maga.

I would like to pass on my heart filled condolences for the loss to Levine Family as well as the Krav Maga family. May God bless and keep each of you.

Ernest John Jacobson

marksussman

I am completely shocked and saddened when I heard about Marni. She was one of the first instructors that I met when I started training at the University of Judaism. I remember when Darren called Marni to demonstrate, I was completely taken back that this sweet angelic woman was so tuff and strong! She was so unassuming and down to earth. I had the pleasure of working and training with her. Whenever I walked into the center, there was Marni, always smiling and laughing. She loved people and touched so many lives. She was truly a wonderful, caring woman. I will miss her very much.

Darren, my heart goes out to you and your family. You are an amazing man and I will pray for you during this time. My sympathy also goes out to John and Michael and the rest of the Krav Maga family. I am sure I could speak for many when I say that I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to know this wonderful person. I learned so much from her and she will always be in my heart.

Mark

ryan

John’s description of the service is perfect. My comment to everyone I talked to afterwards was, \”I’ve never seen anything like it.\” If you weren’t aware, before the service, of how many lives Marni touched, you certainly were afterwards. I was amazed at her daughters–they are a true testament to Marni (and Darren, of course.) The day was very touching and the words and turnout couldn’t have been more appropriate.

We had planned to do a women’s self defense seminar next month. We’ll still do it, but now all of the proceeds will go to benefit breast cancer research/families/treatment (I’m waiting for feedback from KMWE for the best avenue for this.) I encourage other instructors and school owners to do the same. Marni made a huge difference in the lives of many people. Let’s follow her example and try to do the same.

meganamanda

I took level 2 with Marni and Darren every Monday evening at 6:45 at the KMNTC for well over a year. The first time I took their class, I was so confused. How could someone that small be so powerful? Marni’s abilities and her personality quickly answered my questions. She was truly an inspiration to anyone who was fortunate enough to have met her. Everyone who came into the KMNTC was greeted by a smile, if not, a hug. She was absolutely incredible. Marni, I will miss you so much. My thoughts are with Darren and his family. This is such a devastating loss.

rcarmichael

Deepest Sympathy

Dear Darren and all at KMNTC,
    I was so sorry to hear of Marni’s passing. She was one of my favorite instructors and a truly inspiring woman. Please accept my deepest sympathies from all at Northern Utah Krav Maga, from my wife and family. We will keep you in our prayers.

Sincerely,

Rod and DeDe Carmichael

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: