Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Think I have tennis elbow

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Re: Think I have tennis elbow

quote HazardousSmoker:

Told my doctor (I’m in the Navy) and all I get is “Take some Motrin and live with it.”

Why does the military think that crap is a cure-all? I swear, I’m waiting for the day when one of my boys or I get shot and some medic starts packing the wound with Motrin.

By the way, Sean… Sorry to hear about your eye… That has to suck!

Yeah… I was wondering what was up with the velcro thing. Junior got on my case the other week for not having the velcro on my focus mit secured. Makes sense though.

J-

paragon

Yeah, I know using google to diagnose a medical problem is not the best thing. But the doc will tell me for sure. In the mean time, it fits all the symptoms, and at least I can do some small things to alleviate the pain/not make it worse before I get to the doc.

It’s starting in my left elbow, too, I noticed. No more hitting the bag this week!

bradm

When I mentioned using the velcro strap on the forarm I didn’t mean to imply to use it while training with a partner. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I ment that I used it during my gym workouts with the weights and various machines. It relieved a lot of pain and pressure when I done arm curls and things like that.

I agree that velco can cause scratches to a partner when training. I’ve been scratched by by the velcro of my partner’s hand wraps when practicing self defense. Luckily I was never scratched in the eye by it. Been poked in the eye a couple times like CJ, but not as bad — again thankfully.

giant-killer

I think the scratch to the eye occurred while the partner was trying to grab the guy’s shoulder for knees.

quote downforlife76:

Why does the military think that crap is a cure-all? I swear, I’m waiting for the day when one of my boys or I get shot and some medic starts packing the wound with Motrin.
    J-

I’m with you on that one brother I have been saying that for years.

And to be quite honest I think I’ve taken so much Motrin it does little to nothing for me. I swear they would give that to you after surgery for a painkiller if they could. They must teach their medical staff to push the stuff because the Government has a contract with Motrin manufacturers.

Haha Tim… You don’t know how many times I’ve accused my old PA of having a deal worked out with the manufacturers. He didn’t think it was that funny. Apparently they believe in that crap.

J-

quote downforlife76:

Haha Tim… You don’t know how many times I’ve accused my old PA of having a deal worked out with the manufacturers. He didn’t think it was that funny. Apparently they believe in that crap.

J-

Really makes you wonder about their medical training doesnt it? 🙂

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Just came from the Opto, needless to say it hadn’t gotten any better in fact I was considering the ER last night.

I have a large abrasion on the cornea that’s now infected. She put a contact lens over it for now. I have to put drops in every hour and wear sunglasses because my eyes now light sensitive.

I basically crawled over to the laptop to check the forums and then make this post. I’ll check back in later.

Everyone stay safe tonight… I’ll be on the couch 🙁

Damn Sean…. That sucks. Hope you get better soon.

Crap hope it doesn’t last long Sean.

Rest up and get better dude.

giant-killer

Yeah, I hope you’ll be okay. Take it easy.

russell

sean good luck a lady i work with had the same thing a few years ago, her eye was infected by a scratch from her contact, she had to do the same things you have to, but that was after her eye specialtist sent her to st louis (about 3 hours away) after that she was told no make up, no bright light’s(i had to take out 1/2 the light’s in her office) no contacts, and to wear a eye patch when she walked into our production floor(i work in a printshop),plus steroid eye drop’s(very expensive) then after 6 month’s she had a cornea transplant, the specialtist told her to call any time night or day with any problems i know what your going through

good luck
    russell

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Thanks Russ/everyone

I wasn’t able to teach last night, I’m basically couch bound right now. I saw the Opto again this morning and he took off the plastic film wrote me another prescription of the drops (I’m on my 2nd bottle) Dilated my eye because he said the expanding/contracting was causing some of my discomfort. Then he told me not to make plans tonight because when the drops wear off I was going to be uncomfortable. He said to keep it wet or my eyes going to feel on fire..

LOL Good times

mara-jade

Oh DANG Sean – just saw this post. I’m sorry to read this – that totally bites man:(:. I hope the pain’s temporary and you heal up quickly. I’m sure being on the sidelines totally sucks.

Yeah man get that sucker taken care of so that you aren’t out of commission for long.

The pain sounds similar to flashburn that you can be exposed to from watching someone weld without glasses.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: