Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Think I have tennis elbow

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    bradm

Re: Think I have tennis elbow

After spending 26 1/2 years in the Air Force and a lot of it in Europe, Korea, Japan and South East Asia, I know that I have eaten dog meat and monkey meat. Don’t know if I’ve ever ate horse meat or not but it wouldn’t suprise me. Being the young GI that I was and like so many others, spending time in the local bars – you get hungry. Being drunk you eat what you get and don’t really care what it is. I remember in Bangkok, Thailand some of the restrauants claimed to serve Japanese “Koby Beef”, yeah right – it was water buffalo. But it was tender and tasty.

raneman

Heh this is bringing back memories. In Thailand I remember getting off the Bot Bus and buying the meat on a stick from the guys on the corner. We used to sit and try to figure out what it was. Best guess was dog or monkey because it was a little tough and stringy and there were no domestic animals around. Protein is protein I guess. I still would have eaten it over the MRE pork slice any day of the week. 🙂

quote Raneman:

Heh this is bringing back memories. In Thailand I remember getting off the Bot Bus and buying the meat on a stick from the guys on the corner. We used to sit and try to figure out what it was. Best guess was dog or monkey because it was a little tough and stringy and there were no domestic animals around. Protein is protein I guess. I still would have eaten it over the MRE pork slice any day of the week. 🙂

There was nothing better than getting off the Baht Bus or TukTuk and indulging in some fried bat and sticky rice…..MmmmMMmm….Good times!thumbsup

quote Raneman:

I still would have eaten it over the MRE pork slice any day of the week. 🙂

I’m glad they got rid of ham slice. You could leave that crap on the ground for a week and the ants wouldn’t touch it.

J-

raneman

That is great to hear. We always used to give it to the new guy on rotation when I was in Okinawa. Poor new guy. 🙂

Yeah animals wouldn’t even eat that stuff…made you wonder if it was really..ham.

bradm

Speaking of eating in Thailand. Anyone ever eat one of the “Thai Eggs”? Most sickening thing I ever tried to eat. My Teelock (sp) (Thai girlfriend) and I were walking down an alley buy some sort of market. You know the kind with the dead chickens, fish, etc. hanging on hooks and the smell would almost gag you. Well, I saw a jar of what looked like Brown hard boiled eggs. When I asked what they were, my Teelock asked “you never eat Thai egg”? I said no — that was a mistake. She bought one and challenged me to eat it. Not trying to look like a whoos or anything, I took a bite. It was so bad that it immediately gave me the dry heaves. I mean it was so bad that I could not close my mouth to spit it out. Here I am, people staring at me, my mouth open full of rotten egg, gagging with tears in my eyes and my Teelock about to pee her pants from laughing so hard. I’m serious, I could not close my mouth enough to spit it out. All I could do was tilt my head over and shake my head back and forth trying shake the egg out.

I gotta tell ya, it was the most gross thing I ever tried to eat.

I’ve never been fortunate enough to make it to Thailand or Asia except the Gulf area but I’ve traveled all over Europe.

Most interesting thing I think I’ve had is Haggis and that is mild in comparison to what Brad just described. Well besides the Horse meat or whatever the world those burgers in Turkey were made out of.

Still haven’t figured out what was in French smash sandwich but I sure did love those things.

raneman

Brad,

I never had the chance to try the eggs but I remember being warned off them by our SSgt prior to getting to Thailand. I can only imagine how bad those were. Some of those little market huts smelled really bad and kind of had a way of making you lose your appetite.

Dude, those eggs were great after closing down Nana Plaza! I worked around the Embassy in BKK so I just got used to it I guess! My worst experience was when a couple of in country Green Beanies decided to get cute and order our food up “pet pet” or “very spicy”. My mouth hurt for two days, but I couldn’t show weakness in front of those Doggies!

Ugh… Meat markets in any 3rd world country smell TERRIBLY. I can get used to the beef, goat, chicken, rotting vegetables, etc etc etc… but one thing that I was never able to be in the general proximity of was the damn fish stands. The first time I got engaged on my last tour in Iraq, I ran an extra 20 meters to cover because the closest thing to me was a fish stand. It says a lot when you’d rather risk getting a hole in your ass than crouch down in that muck.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: