Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Re: Vertical punches??

Now tie that footwork into that Krav Maga punch. :box:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NhgmkkRfdsk

Does that make better sense ? thumbsup

don

quote JewishFitness1976:

Oh Wow !!! :banghead:

Y’all are totally missing the big picture.

Nope, it’s just your reading comprehension sucks.

Anytime you are going to punch or chin jab someone.

Your footwork acts as an extending & retracting stick as you move across the floor throwing your body behind the punch.

Footwork , Footwork and Footwork. thumbsup

Which is great except the thread is talking strictly about fist angle when punching.

Keep your elbows relaxed and clench your fists at the last second punching hard.

Human Weapons from National Geographic :box:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=meUNR0SgSXw

Please keep banging your head against the wall, maybe it’ll shake some rocks loose and open up some space… :rolleyes:

Guess the message came across the wrong way as this is the internet. What I am saying is that the Vertical punch has to be tied into the footwork for the correct delivery of a well aimed punch with power & speed. Not going to agrue any further.

don

quote JewishFitness1976:

Guess the message came across the wrong way as this is the internet.

Actually, your “message” came across pretty clear. Pretty weak/lame of you to now backpedal and blame the internet.

What I am saying is that the Vertical punch has to be tied into the footwork for the correct delivery of a well aimed punch with power & speed.

“The simple concept that ALL of you have failed to grasp is that the Vertical punch has to be tied into the footwork for the correct delivery of a well aimed punch with power & speed.”

There, fixed it for you – that’s what you were really saying.

Not going to agrue any further.

Don’t matter to me, you’re going on Ignore… ::CLICK::

Hey Don, I was trying to help you guys. You can’t accept that a student can give feedback to help fellow Krav Maga practicers improve their downward punch to the chin, uppercut boxing punch, vertical punch tied in with footwork. I think it is because I am Deaf and use American Sign Language. I bring something positive to the table. I see thousands of different hand to hand combat scenarios in sign language everyday and I step back to see the big picture then step back in to fight through for the victory. :box: :box2: :woohoo:

kmman

The topic is the structure of your fist not generating power. Its not a topic discussing the entire punch. Its a topic discussing fist structure.

Eyal teaches 45 degrees which I believe is what Kevin said in his last post about the first knuckle serving as a “gun sight”.

Multiple opinions on this, I use a 45 degree more so naturally than anything else. Jewishfitness what do you use? Stay on topic and contribute.

catapult

“the Vertical punch has to be tied into the footwork for the correct delivery of a well aimed punch with power & speed.”

Like this? thumbsup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_c2AKaK4EE

And Forrest has a pretty dang good chin too! Like CJs Dad says, it’s all about accuracy.

It is where my eyes go that hits the vital organ.

( consult a vital striking chart from multiple martial arts )

The man in number 1 throwing a vertical punch is what I use … Similar to this.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6EK_J0c9vS4

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: