Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics what do you like in a KM class??

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Re: what do you like in a KM class??

quote Munster:

LOL your comedy man lol and no most those confrontations were actually at parties in NH pacoma and the last one was Hollyweird which did invovled bats and knives since they didnt outnumber us to begin with so we escape and evaded didnt need any bad karma with that situation (“running to peace” to call it) . So much for chill night and thats why I hate hollywood. And dude E3 man Ive been in over a year now **** my friends in the marines are already up for corporal lol you wanna talk about fast promotions, but i guess some people have to pull out the knee pads. lol And hey if I was general this war would be totally over ROE would be changed and far more “bombs” would be invovled. lol So Jeremy are you gonna drop by chatsworth on mon and show some love …..or do you need to wait till the next time Im on leave to get the sand out of your vagina? MUHAHAHAHAHAH 😀

Paul, if I slapped you silly now, they’d book me for destroying Government property. Get a deployment under your belt (and a few confirmed) and then come see me. I don’t usually teach on Mondays, but come on down to Simi and I might let you make it through a level 1 class……..rofl2

psyops

quote Satilan:

Wouldn’t some fighting (e.g. sparring) help you save your life by providing you w/the most realistic opportunity to test yourself while in a good, safe environment?

I don’t understand the difference b/n training in self defense and fighting.
    Aren’t they supposed to be one and the same? I don’t understand this way of thought: “I will study Krav Maga for self defense, but I’ll never-ever spar or fight with a partner, b/c <complete the blank>”

I might be just plain stupid, who knows?

This is the point. I am not jumping on you either. Most instructors/students don’t see the difference between a fight and self defense. There is a huge difference and sparring is not the measure for ones ability to defend ones self. Sorry folks its not. While there is value in sparring it is not essential to self defense.

rfc

quote Satilan:

Wouldn’t some fighting (e.g. sparring) help you save your life by providing you w/the most realistic opportunity to test yourself while in a good, safe environment?

I don’t understand the difference b/n training in self defense and fighting.
    Aren’t they supposed to be one and the same? I don’t understand this way of thought: “I will study Krav Maga for self defense, but I’ll never-ever spar or fight with a partner, b/c <complete the blank>”

I might be just plain stupid, who knows?

I think we agree… Fighting in training class is very good and necessary. Fighting for sport such as professional boxing and those full-contact “caged animal” events that are becoming popular on TV, seem both foolish and dangerous. (Oh, I can’t tell you how much I loathe those “World Wrestling Foundation” events. I guess I respect their acrobatic ability but, have never been able to watch it for more than 30 seconds… -Take that back, probably no more than 10 seconds).

munster

quote Jeremy Stafford:

Paul, if I slapped you silly now, they’d book me for destroying Government property. Get a deployment under your belt (and a few confirmed) and then come see me. I don’t usually teach on Mondays, but come on down to Simi and I might let you make it through a level 1 class……..rofl2

LOL!!! I like little icon at the end nice touch. Well Jeremy you’d actually have to do some damage in order to get booked so I’m sure you won’t have to worry about that. 😀 As for the deployments being a TACP (http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airforce/a/aftacp.htm) we deploy allot appearently cause of our mission so before Im out ill probably have atleast two under my belt. I was told that theirs one later on this year that Im going to be on still dont know what unit I’m gonna be aligned with to provide CAS for though, but either way its going to be fun. Oh and I was talking about you coming to fight class and “sharing the love”…not teaching lol and I wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been threw your “strenuous” level 1 class. muhahahahahahah http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Munster:

Well Jeremy you’d actually have to do some damage in order to get booked so I’m sure you won’t have to worry about that. 😀

Staffs just a jarhead at heart he doesnít mean any harm.

Have a safe deployment and when you get back come hang out in Simi a bit.

Thanks for your service~

parishd

quote La Revancha:

<…snip> 2 things: the organized chaos/unpredictability of each class. I like feeling the anxiety/uneasiness of not knowing what to expect, who I will partner with, and whether or not I will leave battered and cleaved.

These are very strong motivators for me. About an hour before each class is when the pit starts forming in my stomach, in anticipation of what’s to come.

I think what got me back after the first session was brain damage; apparently I could not remember what had happened to me! :chair:

What kept me coming back after the two-week free trial were the instructors, the core of regular students, and the absolute relentlessness of the training sessions.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: