Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    kiddon

Re: Why Krav?

quote Narv:

I’m new to this forum, and also to Krav Maga.
    My whole life I have always been interested in Martial Arts. I have a background with 3 years of Karate and 1 year of Boxing. I then had a big pause from MA for a couple of years, but now want to do it again. I have looked/tried things like Muay Thai and MMA, both great styles, but just not the thing I’m looking for.

I’m a young man in his early twenties, so of course I go out with friends for having a good time at bars and clubs. And so does my girlfriend. She is a beautiful girl, no doubt, but that also means a lot of other men are hitting on her. That is okay by me – after all men are only men, right? – but what I can’t accept, are drunk assholes that can’t take no for a answer and starts to hold her against a wall, having hands all over her, even though she keeps saying no, pushes them or even slaps them.
    I get so freaking pissed when she tells me these kinds of things has happened, and I can really feel how scared she must have been in the situation.

So, Krav is the perfect mix for me. I both get my “martial art sport”, AND the skills to protect myself and the persons I love.

Do you thinK you gonna training Krav Maga and you have no problems ? you are wrong, prevention is the best way, change the pub or girlfriend, I am joking, I understand the situation, be carefull, too much drinks not good for health, anyone have a pocket knife and is very danger, most of fights it is not just one person, more that one….sorry my englishthumbsup

kiddon

Why Krav Magá ? no rules and the goal is survive, have a real response to all menaces, easy to learn and is a mix system , many tecknichs that works on streets…

celtickm

A few reasons really:

I got to second brown in karate in my teens and I never felt I would win in an actual fight. Maybe I was rubbish but it didnt seem useful for the real world.

I wanted to get fit.

I wanted a hobbie.

KM sounded like the most useful for the possible situations I may get into.

I’ll be honest about this last one, I thought it sounded quite cool compared to MA’s.

kiddon

quote CelticKM:

A few reasons really:

I got to second brown in karate in my teens and I never felt I would win in an actual fight. Maybe I was rubbish but it didnt seem useful for the real world.

I wanted to get fit.

I wanted a hobbie.

KM sounded like the most useful for the possible situations I may get into.

I’ll be honest about this last one, I thought it sounded quite cool compared to MA’s.

Hi Celtic, our team are with Krav Maga Global too…facebook, krav maga global portugal (KMG-PT), last February we have a stage with Eyal Yanilov about disarm gun fire…
    ;):

celtickm

Thats cool Kiddon and I am joined the KMG group on Facebook too and my UK club is called the Institute of Krav Maga.

I do find it really interesting to come on here and to hear about other codes of Krav Maga as I would guess it’s not massively different to ours.

One day I will hopefully train with Eyal himself…

I am Celtic KM (with a space) on Facebook if you or anybody wants to add as friend.

kiddon

quote CelticKM:

Thats cool Kiddon and I am joined the KMG group on Facebook too and my UK club is called the Institute of Krav Maga.

I do find it really interesting to come on here and to hear about other codes of Krav Maga as I would guess it’s not massively different to ours.

One day I will hopefully train with Eyal himself…

I am Celtic KM (with a space) on Facebook if you or anybody wants to add as friend.

Hi Celtic , our official site are under construction but you can see http://www.kravmagaglobalportugal.com , I am gonna find you on facebook,
    big hug

stanmc

Why Krav?

I’m 47 and not getting any younger. I had been thinking for years about learning some type of self defense. I heard about Krav Maga a few weeks ago and decided now is the time. I have no interest in doing flying kicks or breaking boards. If attacked I want to be able to quickly and effectively neutralize the attacker and get away. That’s it for me.

kiddon

quote StanMc:

Why Krav?

I’m 47 and not getting any younger. I had been thinking for years about learning some type of self defense. I heard about Krav Maga a few weeks ago and decided now is the time. I have no interest in doing flying kicks or breaking boards. If attacked I want to be able to quickly and effectively neutralize the attacker and get away. That’s it for me.

Hi StanMc
    Krav Magá is for all people and for all ages, as ImI Lichtenfeld said “ Do what you can but do it well”.I am 45 years old and is not a problema at all, when you are talking about high kicks, forget that, in self defense dont exist high kicks, it is a myth, dont work on the street, when you are training with a large pants if you have some gymnastic of course you can beat with a high kick, but when you are on street you wear a tight pants, like jeans, and you can not strike above the belt, because of that and because most of the street fight it is in a close distance and most of the time end on the ground…

kiddon

quote grizz8006:

I work diff types of Security and was working in a bar one night in a bad area. When I had 2 guys fighting when I walked over I notice he kept trying to go for something. He lifted up his shirt enough for me to realize it was a knife. I was able to disarm him and remove all the threats but really had me thinking about my line of work. I read about Krav Maga somewhere on line and was hooked! I can’t imagine life without it mostly because it has saved me a few times. I also work for a law office when people are in the middle of getting divorced I can go on the womens behalf to collect her court ordered property. Its very scary because alot of the men and even few women were abusive in the relationship , and I am now alone in a house with them while they are angry!

Hi Grizz8006

I am just gonna make a comment about the knife, if you are an ordinary citizen and if someone pull a knife to you, you would better run if you don’t want to die.
    There are no answer to knife attack, most of them happens rapidly and sometimes you don’t see the knife, if you see a knife in a hand of a thug, run, is the first rule, if you are a law officer, policeman, the thug pull a knife and it would better you shot him down imediatly, if not, you are dead.
    There are some videos on youtube that police were stab by a thug because they didn’t shot suddenly, if the guy runs to you completely crazy with a knife in his hand, if the distance was close, you have great difficulty shot him down until you gonna hurt first, I have no doubt ,for me is the scariest weapon, more than a fire gun, most of the people think that is easy disarm a knife, try to pull out the knife on you and run but never try to disarm the knife, just in ultimate case and when there is no alternative, and prepare to many cuts. My opinion.

stanmc

quote Kiddon:

Hi StanMc
    Krav Magá is for all people and for all ages, as ImI Lichtenfeld said “ Do what you can but do it well”.I am 45 years old and is not a problema at all, when you are talking about high kicks, forget that, in self defense dont exist high kicks, it is a myth, dont work on the street, when you are training with a large pants if you have some gymnastic of course you can beat with a high kick, but when you are on street you wear a tight pants, like jeans, and you can not strike above the belt, because of that and because most of the street fight it is in a close distance and most of the time end on the ground…

Kiddon,
    Thanks for the encouragement! Now my body (and mind) must adapt to the physical demands of training.

letsgetit

crossfit!!!

does every crossfit class take almost the whole class to start the work out?

there should be individual fundamental classes that new members must complete before going to an actual crossfit class.

going over every moment for new members is time consuming and takes away from the time spent working out.

just-hilts

For many of the reasons already posted. I’ve long been interested in martial arts but life gets in the way and I end up not training. I’ve tried judo, karate, kung fu and boxing and never stuck with any beyond a few years. I’m 40 and would like to actually become proficient in something.

Also, I want the spillover confidence that comes from training in something physicial. In my short krav maga career, I’ve found that work or other problems seem less serious after spending time trying to escape from a choke.

It’s inspiring to see so many older students on this board. At 40, I often feel like the oldest person in my school.

i work crowd mangement and regular security and was wondering k we have to remove all type of drunk and violent people from events and also at my regular post and was wonder if krav maga would work in keeping my partners and myself safe?

pranit

I am Pranit 24 yrs old.For me..its walking with confidence when i have no friends around me.In college we had a gang and we used to protect each other.Now after college its a lonely alone life.No one around to protect you.A defense system which teaches you methods quick enough to disarm any1 anywhere.it develops a confidence in you

darian

There are no response to blade strike, most of them happens quickly and sometimes you do not see the blade, if you see a blade in a side of a criminal, run, is the first concept, if you are a law official, cop, the criminal take a blade and it would better you taken him down immediately, if not, you are deceased.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: