Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    jay99

Re: Why Krav?

Now seriously, Russell… do you think anyone would be brave enough to stalk Miriam? I highly doubit it!

I may be crazy enough to go through phase training and Sean’s intro fight classes but I ain’t that crazy.

russell

i don’t know if stalking is the correct term….a crusading corporate lawyer(i remember from another post)….who teaches krav(also from another post)….who want’s advice about a gun(also from another post)…..SHE SOUNDS LIKE A CATCH!!!!!!!

russell

and sean when do i get a quote!!! how about” i’m not apathetic i just dont care”

kmcat

Ok, my experience started about 2 years ago. A few months before I pulled into the parking lot of the regular gym and across the way was a sign with this funny name “Krav Maga”. I looked into the window and they were having a class and I watched a little bit. It was interesting… a long long time ago I took a traditional martial arts class. It was kind of ok, but seemed a little “weak” and not what I had imagined. The class I saw seemed different.
    My curiosity was further heightened by researching KM on the internet.

An opportunity came up to sign up for an introductory class. It seemed a bit expensive but, I talked by 16 year old son to join me in the class. We loved it from the start. My son & I worked up through level 1. He stopped to concentrate on his senior year of high school. I’ve continued and added fitness classes (oh man, I remember the day after the first fitness class — not pretty).

At this stage my 46 year old self could actually kick the ass of my 21 year old self, but I try to avoid doing that so I won’t endanger the space time continuum.

crazy-train

man, its been a while since i was first exposed to krav….back in like 2000. i was taking tae kwon do and the school owner went out to LA with a few students, came back and to my (mis)fortune, used the class i regularly attended to find out how well krav would fit into tae kwon do curriculum and how everyone would take to it. everyone loved its simplicity, so its been part of our tae kwon do curriculum since.

3 years later i decided that jumping 540 roundhouse kicks weren’t my style (rough on the knees) and that krav was more ideal for a 6’2″ 255lb male. since then i’ve tried to get everyone i have socialized with to sign up (only 1 person signed up), and have gone through phase B and can’t wait to finish phase C.

and in addition to its simplicity and brutality, during phase A i lost 10lbs (265 -255), then dropped another 15 during phase B; and with trying to get into law enforcement, krav helps with staying in shape, having a mentality of being in control of the situation and being aware so that the situation wont have to escalate to the point of using my awesome krav maga powers.

craig-p

As soon as my daughter was old enough I signed her up for karate lessons. Figured since my new life as a parent meant there would be no time for me, I would just live my past through her. LBM (life before marrage) I had spent many years in martial arts, well, didn’t take but a couple of months watching this tiny little girl learning round kicks and straight punches, that I had the itch… NO not that kind of itch! I Joined Krav and several months later moved her into KMX.

Funny went from no time for me cause of kids to its all about Krav and training, just integrated the family into it. Now when I drive past the center my 3 y/o says “KraW Maga” and with LAM (you figure that one out) I have lots more free time and no one complaining at home.

It started for me last year. I’d been a heavy smoker for longer than I care to remember and I finally put them down and knew that I needed something to get me in shape and keep my mind off of cigarettes.

I figured that something structured such as a martial art would be ideal for me as I needed a motivator to get me started and I always wanted to learn some form of martial art. Up to this point the only fighting style I had learned at any time was boxing and that was purely on a level taught by a childhood friend.

I started doing research and watching Human Weapon, I found the local Tae Kwon Do academy was teaching Krav Maga so I decided to take an introductory class and was hooked.

Now I can’t get enough of it and wish they would do more than 2 classes per week.

miriam

quote russell:

i don’t know if stalking is the correct term….a crusading corporate lawyer(i remember from another post)….who teaches krav(also from another post)….who want’s advice about a gun(also from another post)…..SHE SOUNDS LIKE A CATCH!!!!!!!

russell

Wow ~ thank you for the compliment. I have two thoughts in response:

(a) Where do I send my check?
    (b) Mom, is that you? I thought I told you to stop meddling in my dating life!! rofl2

vwr32

quote russell:

and sean when do i get a quote!!! how about” i’m not apathetic i just dont care”

Personally, I thought this quote of yours was much better:

quote russell:

and remember opinoins are like hemroids, sooner or later every asshole has one

russell

rofl2

mara-jade

Hubby and I were looking to learn some form of self-defense. We’d looked at other martial arts like karate and stuff but nothing interested us. I talked him into trying KM when they offered it as a once a week course.

Oh man, we got hooked! Granted we got our butts kicked the first class but dang it was greatrofl2. We’ve lost 50 pounds between the 2 of us and for that I’m very happy. After returning from our hiatus, I hope to start losing some more now that we’re back in regular class.

On the 26th, it’ll be 4 years we permanently signed up for these beatings but we wouldn’t trade them for ANYTHINGthumbsup

russell

quote vwr32:

Personally, I thought this quote of yours was much better:

rofl2

come to think of it i like that one better!!!!!

walken

I didnít have any intention or interest in any self defense or martial arts system. I fought a lot in the streets, was involved in a few riots, bar fights and have been jumped several times. After all that I believed I can handle my own in any situation. I never started a fight and of course Iíve had my lunch handed to me more than once. The only reason I joined KM was because I was overweight and my co-worker is the head instructor in Corona, Ca. Nef Rivera would come by my cube talk to me about it and I was interested but not enough to join. Finally I went to the doc for some reason and my weight was 275. I was shocked so I needed to do something to get back in shape. Iím 6í1 but when I joined the Navy I was around 200. It was very hard at first. My first day I was winded during the warm up and was ready to call it a day but I stuck with it. A year and a half later, Iím down to 245 and Iím addicted to it. Nef Rivera is an amazing instructor and one bad dude. Iím getting my son and brothers into it as well. It changed my life and made more aware, peaceful, and relaxed. I couldn’t imagine doing any other system and I believe this is the most effective system around.

maddogmean

I took various forms of karate when I was a kid. I’ve always been interested in martial arts, but hadn’t trained in decades. I saw ads for KM in the local paper, but always thought it was cardio kickboxing. After finding out what it really was about, I joined….then I got my dad to join….then I got my brother to join….and a friend of mine. Life seems a lot less stressful when you can punch the crap out of a bag at the end of the day.

megandw

I started Krav Maga almost 6 years ago. A family member had to temporarily give up her membership, and once I took over for her, I continued learning more and more skills that will help me defend myself, should the occasion arise.

Krav Maga teaches you not only combatives and self defense, but you start learning to think outside the box when it comes to self defense. You consider things you may not have considered before, things that will help you in a fight. The stress training helps you focus and avoid tunnel vision. You grow stronger and more capable every time you walk through the doors to train. You put things into real life scenarios and in class you fight like you are fighting for your life. It is realistic, creative, challenging, exhilarating, powerful, and uses basic human instinct so the self-defense you do will fly out of you if it needs to.

For me I think the best part is that I am just as passionate about Krav Maga 6 years after I signed up. I have worked very hard ascending through the system (I have my brown belt), and I believe in it so much that two years ago I became an instructor. I know Krav Maga is effective, for men, for women, for anybody no matter what body type you have or what level of physical fitness you are at.

So why Krav? Because it is truly life changing.

I took a year and a half of TKD in college and earned a blue belt, but never really felt like I “earned” it if you know what I mean. Ever since, I’ve been telling myself that I want to get back into some form of martial art. Well, month or so back I decided I was going to do it. So called around and talked to several different places. I quickly realized that I didn’t want to do something traditional like karate or TKD. All this led to a trial at a Krav studio (actually I tried two different ones, really liked the second one). Now I’m hooked.

kvmorl

Close to year ago , in summary a good friend of mine got attacked in parking lot of dorm after a party by 2 guys that where invited (continuation of an argument inside), even though he was a few drinks down and ended up with broken wrist the other 2 ended up much worst and the one that couldn’t run away spent night in jail. I wasn’t there but got accounts from others and him, wasn’t pretty. After that I told myself if i ever take a MA it will be KM, took the plunge couple weeks ago and i love it. He still practices KM and has about 3 years in it(2yrs back then), not sure what level/belt he is now.

He is in a different state so hopefully he comes down to give opinion on my KM gym soon.
    🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: