Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    bracius

Re: wieght and krav

My goodness fellas, I love real food too!

I tried fake food a little bit when I raided my two year olds Dora the explorer kitchen for a midnight snack of plastic eggs and cheese. She got super pissed off and told her mommy on me. Since then its real food all the way.

fgandara

That’s funny, Dore the Explorer Kitchen!!! rofl2
    Seriously I think you may have missed my point, real food (eating what I normally eat) vs. dieting (sweet potatoes, chicken breast, vegies only, NutriSystems and etc.)
    Having said that I appreciate your relevant and positive input.

dunc

hi frank,

would it be worth suggesting to you that you take up surfing as well?

you’re in the right spot, and I’m finding it a great fitness buzz, although i’ll admit the Krav is a much better aerobic work out. the point is with the surfing is its so much fun once you can do it that you don’t notice the exhaustion. even shivering is a workout!

I’ve been surfing for a year or so, and doing Krav for 3 weeks, and whilst I’m still building my stamina, I’m convinced the surfing’s given me a lot of punching power, core strength, and flexibility.

only downside is you develop the worlds biggest appetite. corned beef hash, hash browns, extra sides of bacon and sausage, toast and a mug of tea, is in my opinion the minimum refuelling requirement after a good winter session.

anyway, keep eating everything. avoid the high fructose corn syrup. it’s poison, and lives in most diet foods.

regards

dunc (43, 5’11 187lbs, recent ex smoker)

fgandara

Dunc

I have lived steps from the beach for over 25 yrs. and don’t surf, that should be a crime of some sort. That is a great suggestion and my neighbors all surf and have offered for me to join them many times.

as a suggestion to you, my neighbor and best friend, an avid surfer, just purchased a paddle board 12′-0″ very wide he said that is the best core work out he has ever had. No surf, little surf, or double overhead he says you can always paddle board.

HB today is 1′-3′, southwest swell, water temp is 67

Frank

dunc

Re: weight and krav

i believe the paddle alone costs $600, never mind the board.

do you train at the KM gym on Olympic on the westside?

if so, you’ll see me puffing and wheezing my way round all those muscle bound young men and women of LA. and knocking them over.

seriously, i’ve spent most of my life smoking joints from 10 am.

krav and surfing has probably already saved my life and i haven’t even had to punch a shark yet.

see you around, (probably) dunc

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Yup I was one of those too.. Started Krav at 250 got down to 203 in the first 3 months with a little help from Garddawg about nutrition. Now I’m back up to 215 but the weight is totally redistributed.

My flexibility makes peoples jaws drop, my cardio is off the charts and I feel really strong and healthy. (with the exception of the occasional injury lol)

In short I basically went from overweight sloth to wrecking machine in about a year.

KM class, bag class, fight class, copious BAS, no junk food/drive through and tons of water.

Good luck and stick with it!

fgandara

dunc;

You can get paddles for a lot cheaper, trust me, my neighbor is very frugle.

I will be puffing and wheezing at the Huntington Beach Center.

I smoke two joints before I smoke to joints, and then smoke two more”

I don’t smoke thank god, I have enough vices already (vino and sitting on my ass) I have taken a few Krav classes and loved it but due schedule I stopped going

thanks for you input.

fgandara

Just before my first Krav class years ago somebody describe Krav as intense aerobic exercise with the intent to kill………….I thought to myself that’s cool……………After the class I approached the same person who made the comment earlier “I thought you meant a potenial attacker not me”

bracius

quote fgandara:

That’s funny, Dore the Explorer Kitchen!!! rofl2
    Seriously I think you may have missed my point, real food (eating what I normally eat) vs. dieting (sweet potatoes, chicken breast, vegies only, NutriSystems and etc.)
    Having said that I appreciate your relevant and positive input.

No, I didn’t miss your point. I understand completely. In fact I have spent the better part of the last two weeks researching and trying to develop a meal plan for my family.

But I also know my level of skill on this. Any input is welcome.

I am basically trying to make a list of food that my wife can buy at the store that would last two weeks. That is her requirement if she is going to get on board with this. If I make our meal schedule and….um…*cough*…..cook from time to time then she will start eating healthy with me.

jared

I used to be 275, im 6’0 on the dot.
    I got down to around….178 lbs….and it didnt cost me a thing…i ate exactly the same foods…in fact more of what i wanted….I just ran my balls off at a local park, doing laps….increased it by 1 lap each week, went from being exhausted after 1 lap….to being NOT exhausted after 20 laps (400-500metre oval) and i would sprint the final 100 metres or so of the last lap. And i did a ****load of calesthenics, Before AND after the run. no rest in between.
    I never took any supplements.

Then…i saw some bodybuilding, and wanted to look ‘big’….The gym made me nothing more than a lazy guy who looked in shape. And i was paying to get this way…So recently i cut off my gym membership…i was doing a bodybuilding split, and then running maybe…3 km’s on the treadmill….
    I was amazed how easily i could stay “in shape” well to be honest…i became disgusted at how OUT of shape i became….i looked like a million dollars, but my wind capacity went to **** again.

but anyway…just lately I’m back to what i used to do….If only i stayed where i was…but everything happens for a reason i suppose…the main difference for me was not so much all the physical changes….But the mental ones….Knowing that i could run 10kms, do a massive calesthenics circuit every single day, and being scared to death everytime i was about to do it….If i pitted myself Now…220lbs (Lean) against my 178lb self with 15% BF……my 178 lbs self would absolutely RAPE my current state because i learned Never to quit when my knee was ****ed, when my mind was wandering, when i felt uncomfortable, etc etc….going to the gym for me was a pleasurable thing because i got to feel the “pump” etc…

so anyway LOL
    thats just a bit about my story with weight management :p
    Jared

jared

btw…my lifting stats in case ur insterested…at a BW of 220, i had a 145 kg bench, 180kg squat, and i got up to a 180 kg deadlift also….however i stopped DL’ing a while in…..My diet became really good when i went to the gym, hence the lean gains…typical brown rice, chicken breast, broccoli.

(edit: 220 pounds that is)

fgandara

Jared do you train in Krav also?

nixxon

CrossFit makes me feel the pump, and then I puke. Its like functional strength, excellent cardio, hell, and mental fortification all wrapped up in one package.

the-batrix

Hey I’m in my first month of Krav and am still working out my sore muscles. I have also never liked the pain so much in my whole life. I fell like i can do anything. On my off days i still do pushups and situps and a band workout. Keep with it. I feel like I’m getting more than somepoeple because I’m losing weight and learning self defense. With all that it brings my confidence up as well. Take it at your pace but push yourself. It’s amazing how much your body can endure.

P. S. I’m 310 when i started and a pre diabetic and on antidepressant. I can notice a change in me.

jared

quote fgandara:

Jared do you train in Krav also?

Hi fgandara, not at the moment no, i just joined the forum a few days ago searching for a school, but the closest appears to be around an Hours drive away.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: