Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Worst injuries youve gotten doing Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    andy84

Ive missed 2 weeks of Krav Maga cause of a non krav related injury of all things. But I was just curious of what kind of injuries some you have got in the past from training.

bracius

Re: Worst injuries youve gotten doing Krav Maga

Mostly bruising on my bicep from people that cannot freakin’ learn to hold at the cusp of the arm ….. no matter how many times you pop’em in the chin for holding to high!

parishd

I’ve strained my back a couple of times doing burpees; god I hate those things. Other than that, a bit of stiffness and swelling in my hands from all the punching drills is the worst so far.

Which brings me to a question: Are there specific exercises I can do to strengthen myself for burpees? Is it simply a flexibility thing?

kmman

Hyperextended shoulder. Partner pulled bag away.

johnl-d11

quote parishd:

I’ve strained my back a couple of times doing burpees; god I hate those things. Other than that, a bit of stiffness and swelling in my hands from all the punching drills is the worst so far.

Which brings me to a question: Are there specific exercises I can do to strengthen myself for burpees? Is it simply a flexibility thing?

Do more of them. 🙂 when you shoot your legs back in after the push up, do you have a rounded back or are you in the lower position of a squat with your back straight?

Broken left ankle during my Phase C test, dislocated left shoulder during phase B, broken nose, broken thumb, broken toes. Good times…….

parishd

quote JohnL:

Do more of them. 🙂 when you shoot your legs back in after the push up, do you have a rounded back or are you in the lower position of a squat with your back straight?

That’s what I was afraid of!

My back is straight for the push up, but it probably rounds a bit when I bring my legs back in. I think I strained it during the kick out to the push up position by allowing my back to arch down too much. Right now I have to let my feet separate slightly as I bring them back in, and my knees touch the floor briefly, or it’s just too painful. At least this way I can continue to do them.

walken

Iíve had a few as well; Torn oblique (kicking side to side on the ground) Hyper-extended elbows (rookie pulling away during focus mitt training) Broken Toe (blocked a kick but didnít point my foot down and made contact. Now that one hurt. Sometimes my shoulder when I hold the Muy Thai pads. Depending how I hold them and how hard my training partner is punching.

jburtonpdx

broken rib
    currently my jaw makes a funny sound when I open my mouth to yawn
    bruised…. everything
    strained uhm.. well everything
    f’d knees, cranked neck

broke rib was the worst of them, along with me being a stubborn idiot which made it take forever to heal…

johnl-d11

quote parishd:

That’s what I was afraid of!

My back is straight for the push up, but it probably rounds a bit when I bring my legs back in. I think I strained it during the kick out to the push up position by allowing my back to arch down too much. Right now I have to let my feet separate slightly as I bring them back in, and my knees touch the floor briefly, or it’s just too painful. At least this way I can continue to do them.

Work on the lower squat position, it really requires you to shoot your legs in fast so for a split second, nothing is touching the ground until your feet land.

I warmed my conditioning class up with a 100 burpee pyramid (first row does 1, 2nd row does 1, first row does 2, second does 2..up to 10, back down to 1) this past monday, they enjoyed it I thought.

My injuries.. the normal.. broken left foot. severly sprained ankles. Was in bed for 3 days straight from a sacroilliac joint sprain in my lower back. Shoulder sprains. Ice and advil has become my friend.

jay99

Nasty sprain to the right knee that sat me for a month. Nagging left elbow injury that sat me for just under two weeks and a rolled left ankle that may or may not have something still wrong with it.

But there is nothing worse than having to sit!

Broken toe, jammed toes, bitten finger (skin removed), dislocated knee, hyperextended muscles in back of knee, ankle, and intracostal muscle, stone bruised heel, mat burns on elbows, knees and cheeks, bruised balls, twisted ankle, various bruises on arms, legs, and arse, one califlower ear.

andy84

lol im starting to get nervous now haha. I havent been in krav maga long enough to get my first injury.

parishd

quote JohnL:

Work on the lower squat position, it really requires you to shoot your legs in fast so for a split second, nothing is touching the ground until your feet land.

I’ll try that. Thanks for the advice John.

quote JohnL:

I warmed my conditioning class up with a 100 burpee pyramid (first row does 1, 2nd row does 1, first row does 2, second does 2..up to 10, back down to 1) this past monday, they enjoyed it I thought.

Thank God I’m not in Columbus! :OhMy:

carpecanis

Don’t worry about possible injuries, they come with the territory and none of them will be all that bad. If you’ll note, there’s definitely a hint of pride in people describing their injuries. It’s like a badge of courage! It shows you did more than sat on your duff getting fat.

As for me, I’ve had several sprains and strains, multiple bruises and one cracked rib. Oh, and of course the severly wounded pride from when I walked into my first sparing class thinking I was going to kick some ass and ended up being taken to school by the instructor and everyone else. Ouch…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: