Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Worst injuries youve gotten doing Krav Maga

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    ohskigod

Re: Worst injuries youve gotten doing Krav Maga

took a viscious kidney shot while sparring, from a guy who is beyong a doubt the hardest puncher in our class (and my best friend since 1st grade to boot)

to this day, it is the only time a single punch dropped me to the ground. it hurt that day, it hurt a little the next day…..oddly enough it was the day after that when I started peeing blood and what felt like battery acid.

That turned into a night in the ER in excruciating pain to say the least. I stayed out of class for about a week, and no sparring for 2 weeks just to be safe. Usualy not a wuss but DAMN that hurt, and I didnt want to go through it again.

I now have a VERY healthy respect for the kidney shot.

—-just to note, the kidney shot was more my fault. he threw a low hook and I turned my back like a frikkin idiot. i was really tired and gassed, and i can pull some real dumb moves when I’m tired and gassed

But this Krav, not scrapbooking

Stafford, you are the wind beneath my wings. HA!

kylestyle913

not too many injuries, cranked neck and bruised kidney from sparring. Also seconding how much i hate stupid liver shots.arghh

kvmorl

Are there any recommended exercises or stretches to help prevent ACL injuries? I haven’t had any but reading all these makes me want to prepare.

ohskigod

quote kylestyle913:

Also seconding how much i hate stupid liver shots.arghh

as will I, they blow!

ohskigod

quote kvmorl:

Are there any recommended exercises or stretches to help prevent ACL injuries? I haven’t had any but reading all these makes me want to prepare.

general stretching helps, as in the more your leg moves naturally, the less of a chance of something hapenning to cause your ACL to snap.

a knee brace would be a good insurance too, but I dont like training with us, under the theory of “I wont have one in the street”. that said, if i tweak my knee (as I did recently), I will wear one so I can train and mitigate making things worse. (this is for mild knee tweaks mind you)

saruotoko

I’m wondering if we should go to Paul Revlin (of RevGear) with Jeremy’s quote for a product suggestion. That’s a TOTAL winner. I’d love to see that under the big Krav logo on the back of a T-shirt.

“This [is] Krav…not scrap-booking”

munster

LOL yes that is a hilarious quote that needs to be put on a shirt I agree. My list surprisingly is short a chipped instep, couple sprains, and I bruised something internal one time dont know what organ but it hurt like hell for almost a month.

saruotoko

I think the only thing that’s harder than taking the injury itself, is the recovery from that injury in class. I am in my 3rd week back after nearly a 4 month layoff due to injury. I feel like SUCH a newbie! It’s hard and I’m slowly getting my cardio back. But I have to admit to feeling incredibly sluggish in my own training right this second.

I can’t wait till I’m back to 3 hours a night for about 5 nights a week. But I’m not doing that until I get some ‘quality time’ in CJ’s Dad’s fight classes. Aside from being a good guy, I’ve seen how he administers a good asswhoopin in class. I’ve got to get my timing back before I pronounce myself as ‘back to normal.’ When I get there, I’ll be calling Kelly for my next Phase training. 🙂

El Guapo

Peaceful until an asswhoopin is required.

bracius

I haven’t been injured in class but I go through training partners like nothing. For the longest time I thought it was me, I thought I was to aggressive and thus need to tone it down.

I think it was my instructor that recently pointed out that my first partner wasn’t drinking enough water and over worked his leg. Thus putting him out for a week with a pulled muscle. My second parter, he pointed out, was screwing around and threw his hands out when he should have been blocking (it was practice). So I shouldn’t feel bad for dislocating his finger.

My last partner, a BJJ guy decided to stick his knee out about a foot from the bag when doing that grapple knee strike to the chest. As you can guess his chest is not what got my knee.

So those are about the worst injuries that I have caused. I still feel bad though….these people are quickly becoming some of my favorite people to hang out with.

nixxon

Bracius,

I’m kinda like you, I go through partners fast. I try to not be overtly aggressive but I train for aggression and I train for power. If I have a partner who I know has an injury or is scared and tends to flinch I try to be more respectful and go softer. Unfortunetly because I have alot of power people seem to be very unwilling to be my partner.

I think I’m very focused on the aggression, power, and mental aspect of self defense where as alot of my classmates are taking it for a fitness type regimine. Sad face.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: