Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Worst injuries youve gotten doing Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    la-revancha

Re: Worst injuries youve gotten doing Krav Maga

quote CJs Dad:

Dislocated shoulder during phase- popped back in and taped up by Kevin so i could keep training 😉

You finally posted it!! Good times.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote La Revancha:

You finally posted it!! Good times.

Yeah about an hour before my last day of phase test. In the immortal words of Jarret Waldman “Ok I want you to do the whole test pretending you just got shot in the shoulder.”

PS: Notice the famous SO “bag of peas” in the shot

clfmak

I’ve been pretty fortunate over the years to not get any serious injuries, but I have a number of non-serious ones. Not technically krav maga, but MA related:
    lots of finger problems during weapon work
    hyperextended elbow from an arm bar that was deliberately cranked (never trained with that guy again)
    On crutches from busting my instep kicking an elbow
    A few black eyes
    Cut from clashing heads together
    Cut my hand open when I was fifteen when I learned how to do an uppercut elbow and punched myself in the mouth (I had braces back then and cut my fist on my teeth)
    All sorts of forearm and shin bruises

t-j

quote Jeremy Stafford:

Broken left ankle during my Phase C test, dislocated left shoulder during phase B, broken nose, broken thumb, broken toes. Good times…….
    quote La Revancha:

You have a dubious correlation with injuries, you evil man!! Aggravated the pinched nerve in my neck, nasty-style, in the black belt test you proctored last year (I got footate of it). NOT TO MENTION the meniscus issue that happened doing rolling headlock defense, which FINALLY went away…. and my memory has not been the same since, either.

My left ring finger and middle finger are getting numb/tingly thinking about it.

LOTS more injuries, but these are most noteworthy.

Lastly, not really an injury, but Krav rudely introduced me to liver shots in phase B, circa 04. Garddawg, it was one of your guys.

I wanted to die right then and there.

I only sustained a broken nose and cracked knuckle during Phase A. Apperently I am behind the power curve set by my instructors Staffmaster and Krav Troll. I will work harder on breaking myself during phase B.

blindfold

Well most of my injuries have been from being hard headed.

I was punched in the shoulder by my partner, who missed the focus mitts. Then I went into sprawls for every couple of days . The Orthopedic Surgeon I spoke to told me to stay away and give it time. I stayed away for a month and went back to early. Then I waited about 2 months and it finally felt better.

I have had the privilege of having my left upper cheek busted open by a partner as well. The vision was fine, but the towel and bandage made it difficult to see to finish class. I did finish class though. The former Chief Instructor was laughing so much. He couldn’t figure out why I would try to finish.

Other than that most of the fun things have been back and body aches from work mostly. Mostly lower back issues from not enough rest between work and pyscho work. thumbsup

stevetuna

I managed to put a little hole in my retina during a sparring session last August. I had to take a month off – right before going to L.A. for km-X certification and two months before going for Phase A.

If I don’t train all the time I blow up like Elvis in the Hawaii concert… Needless to say, my performance in L.A. was something just south of spectacular.

We all get a little “Krav love” along the way. It’s how you deal with it that counts.

kmman

This seems like a lot of injuries, no?

Are we seeing careless partnering?

kmky

dislocated my shoulder (but i continued the combative and managed to “choke out” the attacker,thankfully he didn’t know what he was doing)
    couple of black eyes (not at the same time)
    busted nose
    hyperextended knee
    hyperextended elbow

In retrospect, everything but the hyperextensions were my fault. I my hands were too low on one black eye – didn’t have my chin down when i got head butted and busted my nose – and the shoulder was b/c i did the defense incorrectly.

trish

quote CJs Dad:

I currently have a broken toe – but only because I felt bad since Trish broke hers.

An empathy break! Very thoughtful of you, Sean. Aside from the broken toe, I’ve also had a broken knuckle.

KM, sometimes, cause of my size, I have people who target in on me for a partner. They want to see how some of the techniques work on someone big vs. their own size. And, of course, some of those smaller folks feel the need to over do it to prove how rough and tumble they are. So, at least in my case, I’m not sure if it’s careless partnering so much as being a good punching bag. HA!

kmman

Oh…..you buys guys hurt too? We thought we can whale on you guys no problem!

bradm

From KM and TKd: Broke left foot twice, Broke left ankle, torn rotator in right shoulder requiring surgery – out for a year, pulled bicep muscle in right arm, pulled tendon in let forearn during a pad drill, type-2 A-C seperation in left shoulder during KM grappling drill, cople black eyes, bloody nosees (never broken), rib injuries and other bumps and bruises.

miriam

quote Dave_Bluestein:

Torn ACL….if you were thinking about doing it too….dont.

I’m a card carrying member of the obliterated ACL club, too. Did mine in fitness instructor course. A really crappy injury to recover from, as I’m sure Bluestein can attest to. (Although one nice thing was having Bluestein run our Phase A test b/c he understood the knee issue!) It puts you out of serious training 6 mos. minimum – really should be closer to 9mos-1yr.

But at least now I am careful to ALWAYS instruct students to keep their knees centered directly over their ankles, especially when jumping.

jjbklb

…”i’m open to any ideas i’m ok with over the counter things vitamins,fat burners, energy drinks, or any exercise hints? …………

Any workout under an hour;all you need is water to maintain hydration

satilan

= I got hit by a spinning elbow right in the middle of the nose with full force once (I was a white belt and he was a 2metre blue belt with no conscience).
    = I also got my lips torn from the inside by kicks to the face when I was 15 and got punched while I had braces! ouch!
    = Oh yeah, but the worst one is when you straight kick someone full force and you hit his elbow with the top of your foot!!!

I guess I didn’t break any solid parts of my body (tfu tfu tfu).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: