Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Your favorite KM instructors?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    belial

Re: Your favorite KM instructors?

I’ve only been in this for about four months now (thinking of doing level one test in may) so I dont know if I can be objective.

I do think Alberto is a fabulous instructor cause he worries a lot about making us understand what KM is truly about: not doing perfect and flashy moves (even though he always makes suggestions so we can improve our techniques and be more effective) but learning how to unleash the predator within us, so we can protect ourselves better…

I used to be more of a yoga person, until I discovered the joy of letting out my agresivness instead of directing it towards myself. I thank Alberto for making me realize that I was assuming a victim’s role in my life, as girls ussualy tend to do in our particulary culture.

He’s also a good explainer, like yourself, Ryan; and he’s got this weird sense of humor that makes his classes funny and at the same time, challenging, cause he condescents nobody…

ryan

Belial, you should do the test, and you are right, Alberto is a very good instructor. Mexico is in great hands!

belial

Thanks! I can’t say I feel ready, but I’ll do my best effort… and a little something more…

Man, Alberto is not gonna like these comments… It seems that he hates to be flattered… :D:

michaelmall

Let me clairify myself, not that Jeff Jimo does
    not count, just that Ryan ask about krav instructors.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Darren ñ because of his passion and energy and for taking me under his wing from the beginning.
    Jon Pascal ñ (force material) same reason, seeing something in me others might not have.
    Jarret Waldman ñ the most dynamic / hold on to the seat of your pants award and for constantly pushing me to train harder/more.
    Dave Bluestein ñ attention to detail and who I got lucky to have as mentor after phase.
    Oneness ñ for being the first guy to figure out how to explain ground to me that actually made sense.
    Christian- for his evilness in making me ALWAYS demo multi attacker weapons drills to keep me sharp.
    Stafford ñ who was never my instructor BUT his caring for his individual students on a person by person basis is inspiring.
    Lastly Kevin Lewis for never making me feel like a student but more like a couple of guys getting together to train.

ryan

Actually, Jeff is a KM instructor.

kravmdmatt

quote RFC:

All of my instructors are great and I have no preferences among them. There’s much consistency in what they teach and the way they teach it and the little variations are helpful to see/learn things with a different perspective.

FYI: I attend the facility in Columbia, MD and would really recommend folks to come check it out. It’s a real class-act! The instructors are all very skilled indeed!

Okay Ray, fine. You may be exempt from push ups next class, but only this time :woohoo:wink, wink… Hey thanks man.

Like many, it’s hard for me to pinpoint one favorite as the instructors I’ve had as a student and the instructors I’ve had through my Phase Training Courses have all been very influential in many ways.

Notables though are:
    (not in any particular order)

Darren Levine – When he came to Columbia for a seminar
    John Whitman – Phase A at the NTC
    James Hiromasa – Phase B at Krav Maga Maryland Columbia
    Kelly Cambell – Phase A at the NTC
    Ryan Hoover – when I went down to NC to train at RHEK for two weeks
    Jeff Jimmo – extremely helpful in developing my training skills and methods
    Jeff Mount – one of my instructors at Krav Maga Maryland
    Bryan Inagaki – one of my instructors at Krav Maga Maryland

I have been involved with teaching and training in traditional martial arts of various styles and self defense for nearly 24 years now. The Krav Maga instructors that I’ve had the privilege to associate with have been the cream of the crop and I’m proud to be a part of such an organization.

stevetuna

quote Ryan:

Steve, how is the weather up there? When do I get my time in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts?

The weather, like the politics in this blue state, stinks! Cold, wind-driven rain has been the order of the day for the past couple of weeks. That’s why you need to choose wisely as to when to come up here!

July, August, September – the best times. You can show up in the middle of a February snowstorm and we’d be happy! I’m looking forward to you getting up here so that we can teach you to speak properly…

My mentor and dedicated instructor to Krav Maga, Pawel Cichowlas, of Krav Maga Detroit is by far one of the best instructors I have learned from. His belief in the system and knowledge of the system is amazing. My success in Phase A is all because of him.

ryan

Considering ya’ll have the weather and politics all wrong, I’m going to deduce the language is wrong, too. You know, there is an “r” in “car”, right?

😉

stevetuna

quote Ryan:

Considering ya’ll have the weather and politics all wrong, I’m going to deduce the language is wrong, too. You know, there is an “r” in “car”, right?

😉

The proper spelling is : KAH

michaelmall

yad,con,ca,-yard,corn,car.

geary

I’m with Krav Princess though I cannot choose between them all. We have a staff of excellent instructors here at Krav Maga Detroit. As far as I can tell, our instructors are second to none.

quote Krav Princess:

My mentor and dedicated instructor to Krav Maga, Pawel Cichowlas, of Krav Maga Detroit is by far one of the best instructors I have learned from. His belief in the system and knowledge of the system is amazing. My success in Phase A is all because of him.
    rfc

OK, I’ll chime-in just a bit more…

Matt, I love doing push-ups so, excusing me from them is actually a crude form of punishment.

-And speaking of punishment… There’s the issue of the Orange belt test we took last Saturday at KravMD in Columbia, Maryland.

It was beyond brutal and for the first time in my life, wondered (for about 1 or 2 seconds) if this 48 year old bag of bones was going to make it through. Total duration was 7.5 hours and 7 hours of that was split between active seminar and the actual test. The class was wiped-out afterward and a couple people cramped-up so bad, they were laid-up for a bit.

The last hour was killer but in the end, we all shook hands and congratulated each other for surviving.

Also, in that last hour, my favorite instructors were not Jeanine and Jeff but, since I got the good news yesterday that I passed the audition, they have been reinstated as my best buddies :beer:.

The bruises are about gone, the blisters on my feet are beginning to harden -and stupid me… I’m already wondering what the green belt test will be like. Oh, how short our memories are when it comes to pain.

Thanks to all the KravMD Columbia and Owings Mills instructors. -You’re a great team!

Ray

I walk with a little more peace and safety now…

mikes

Michael Blitz, owner and chief instructor of Kombat Masters of Long Island (also a Krav black belt holder) is not only an incredible and dedicated instructor, but a truly great human being.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: