Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Your favorite KM instructors?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    mark1a

Re: Your favorite KM instructors?

Shoot, anyone at Colorado Krav Maga (Broomfield, Colorado).

James Hiromasa
    Al Sullivan
    Mike Miller
    Tony Cummings
    Daniel Carlini

and there’s more! These people are great.

michaelmall

A good krav maga instructor cares about his
    students from beginner to advanced. And dose
    not see them as money.

emil

Darren-for his energy and dedication
    Whitman-for giving us a rationale for every move and a method to the madness
    Jarret W and Michael M-for precision at any speed
    Sam-for having been there and done that for real
    Christian-for helping to push me through in phase and his contagious enthusiasm
    Ryan and Jeff-for helping to pressure test the skills
    Carol-for attention to detail and teaching to everyone regardless of ability
    Rich Dimitri(not Krav, but relevant)-for teaching me to question the status quo

stevetuna

Well said, Emil!

Ryan: I feel a sense of accomplishment if I survive the conditiong drills (hence I love it when he stops the class to show a certain move, it allows me to regain my breathe) & because he’s alot funnier than Jeff Jimo!!!

Jeff Jimo: a very unique & INTENSE individual. I love his Mitt Mania class, my arms feel like limp noodles. Plus he has a good sense of humor & I know he will be as funny as Ryan someday.

Queen Justine: be very afraid at all times, she can go from pleasant funny college student to Ms. Quick Kick in a nano-second. Ryan please buy her a stop watch that works ie. her slow simple jogs around the mat feel like marathons!!!

Andre: I wish I could move that quick “OMG”!!! Always explains the movement until you get it.

Glenn: Look Cali dude, my grandfather use to have pet BEARS & even bears don’t do “BEARCRAWLS” for that long. The reason I get up early on saturdays & after class I know nothing is going to be that intense.

Twan: explosive strikes & I learn new “Warrior Words”.

Since I have been a student with Ryan & all the folks @ RHEK, I know I am a fitter person & have more self confidence because of every instructor there. Plus the seminars, having the opportunity to meet people like Darren Levine & Shogun Rua. I have met alot of fellow Krav folk’s whom train there during the “Phase” training sessions and they all tell me me how lucky I am to have Ryan & his staff as my daily instructors.

stevetuna

Dave – I’ve been beaten up by both Andre and Tuan. I don’t know if I could take that on a weekly basis!

The RHEK rocks, plain and simple. Every person that spends time in that building is the type of folk that you want to be around. Please give my best to Cecil and Carroll. Remind them that I’m just about old enough to hang out in the “old guy” corner with them!

devilnuts

Between KM and MCMAP, the most intense instruction I have ever received came from Alan Feldman.

night-robin

I have never in the near 8 months I have been training had a bad instructor. Everyone who has taught my classes has helped me improve tremendously. From my first class where i limped for a week til now, I have been given nothing but the best instruction. I credit the great instructors there as the reason the place has such a familial feeling.

All that being said, I have to go with Mike. The man is crazy. Puts you through intense drills. And gets the very best out of you. Every class with him has been fun and informative, with him occasionally teaching us something from the higher levels to inspire us to continue our journey into Krav. You never know what your gonna get when he teaches and that’s what makes it so cool.

Now considering where I train, I would like to point out that I have never had the privileged to be in a class taught by Ryan Hoover. Near misses have prevented me from ever meeting the man. But I have heard enough Horror stories to know that his classes seem right up my alley.

ncsam160

quote Night Robin:

I have never in the near 8 months I have been training had a bad instructor. Everyone who has taught my classes has helped me improve tremendously. From my first class where i limped for a week til now, I have been given nothing but the best instruction. I credit the great instructors there as the reason the place has such a familial feeling.

All that being said, I have to go with Mike. The man is crazy. Puts you through intense drills. And gets the very best out of you. Every class with him has been fun and informative, with him occasionally teaching us something from the higher levels to inspire us to continue our journey into Krav. You never know what your gonna get when he teaches and that’s what makes it so cool.

Now considering where I train, I would like to point out that I have never had the privileged to be in a class taught by Ryan Hoover. Near misses have prevented me from ever meeting the man. But I have heard enough Horror stories to know that his classes seem right up my alley.

Ryan is different from any instructor I’ve ever had. I’ve done a bunch of different things for a few years, and Ryan’s been the only one that’ll go “come on guys, I want to see you smile,” while your holding some painful position for about a minute longer than you think is necessary.

Andre and Tuan are both great. Andre really focuses on burning you out, which I absolutely love. Tuan has some great anecdotes and really focuses on the minor details. Between the two you get the best of both worlds.

It’s hard to say which of the three I like better, as all of them bring something different to the table. I know this much, I’m glad to be training under all three, as I’m sure the experience I’ve had learning under them will help me be much more effective if I have to go “hands on” with somebody.

night-robin

Andre did the workshop before i took my level one test and Tuan taught the very first level one class I took. So I’ve had each of them once you could say. There really isn’t a bad instructor to be found around here.

al

I have to weigh in on this.

James Hiromasa – The best instructor of any fighting system ever. His ability to transfer knowledge is second to none. EVERY class is better than the one I had before. I walked into his school w/ a black belt from another art, thinking I knew how fight; now, thanks to him, I really do know how to fight.

Shannon Lukeman-Hiromasa – She is James much, much better half. The toughest woman I have ever met. She is my role model as an instructor. Creative, compassionate, and an ass kicking machine. I will never judge a book by it’s cover again! She looks like a little angel, but when that switch in her head flips, Wolverine would back down!

Mike Miller – A Force Training Instructor and LEO. This is what The Hulk turns into when it gets angry! Every class he teaches is fun, tough, and smart. You walk out a better Krav practicioner than you walked in. He would probably be the most popular instructor at our school if he weren’t so damn scary looking.

Tony Cummings – The Clint Eastwood of Krav teachers. No bull****. No feel good speaches. Hard core, no frills, you are gonna learn to dig deep and fight to survive. His background as a LEO serves all his students well. Tony knows from real life what you have to do to stay alive and if you do what he says, you will too.

Dave Dotson – My MMA/BJJ instructor. Smart, technical, and the hardest hitting MoFo I have ever met. His right hand bruised me through a tombstone pad. I get incredibly pissed when my schedule keeps me from his classes.

Daniel Carlini – Although his thick French accent makes him hard to understand, his technique is so good that it makes up for it. He helps me find all the little things I’m doing wrong, and as a result, my Krav is much better for training with him. He is also the most patriotic American I have ever met.

Jenny Machengo-Pena – My first Krav instructor and the person who taught me how to punch effectively. I took one class from her and signed up on the spot. I would not be who I am if I hadn’t met her.

The students of CKM – The school draws a wide variety of students. With almost 400 members, while it is hard to always remember their names, they bring an energy level to the school like nothing you have ever seen before. The effort and intensity they display in every class, and the smart, insightful questions they ask always help to make me a better teacher.

al

How the hell could I forget John Sanders. This guy is a natural born instructor. He recently took some time off from instructing and we literally begged him to comeback. His classes are so good, you feel like an idiot if you miss one because other students are still talking about them days later.

momosd

Absolutely nailed all of the traits that make for a great instructor.

jenn

Al – you did a great job of stating why COKM rocks.

But you left yourself out of the list. You are one fantastic instructor – your patience to working with students, your knowledge of groundwork and your enthusiasm for it all (CrossFit modifcations to hell for me, thank you!) make you a great instructor. Just wish you knew it. (And I’m not blowing smoke. Unlike Miller or James you won’t just hit me out of the blue 😀 )

kmcat

quote Al:

I have to weigh in on this.

Shannon Lukeman-Hiromasa – She is James much, much better half. The toughest woman I have ever met. She is my role model as an instructor. Creative, compassionate, and an ass kicking machine. I will never judge a book by it’s cover again! She looks like a little angel, but when that switch in her head flips, Wolverine would back down!

At the Winter Camp in February in Broomfield I had the chance to do a Crossfit class with Shannon the Saturday Morning of the Seminar.

It was a fantastic class, and OMG — she was scary!

I’m tired just thinking about it. I need to lay down now.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: