Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Ok,

I get to start this sucker. Myself and hubby started at San Antonio Training Center (now a Regional Training Center) in March 2004. We looked at all other martial arts but this one stuck out the most.

At first after the first class (dying in KO Cardio 10 minutes into it), I thought we’d lost our minds. After a few more classes we were hooked. The level 1 test scared the crap out of me cause at that time I was 15 pounds heavier. With hubby by my side, we made it through, sore for 3 days, slept like 5 hours after we got home. BEST KICKA$$ TEST WE EVER HAD 😀 . We’ve managed to keep our 50 pounds OFF between the two of us

We’ve gotten and passed Level 2 and well, life gets in the way sometimes so I’ve had to kinda start all over in terms of getting my body back to where it was. I’d love to get to level 3 someday but until then, I’m looking to get in better shape again. It’s been a long time not being in a KM class but I need to get some endurance back first. The great thing about the fitness classes you’re still doing KM, just not necessarily with an opponent 🙂

I’ve taken part in every seminar my center’s given and I’m proud to spread the word. I love coming here and hope to learn alot from y’all veterans 🙂

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Great post MJ!

cav

Another new student

Hello everybody and especially CJ’s Dad,

I just got my account on these boards.

Sorry if I concerned you 🙂 After reading posts on this board for 7 weeks I felt like I already knew you. For the others reading this message, I was the person CJ’s Dad was referring to in his initial post about lurkers.

I guess I’ll get into a little history. I was always an avid computer enthusiast and would spend all my free time including those which should have been devoted to sleep learning about programming, computer networks, etc.. when I was younger. This involved countless hours of sitting. This was fine because I was also playing American Football through high school. I was in pretty good shape. However, after I injured myself I devoted all of my time to my favorite pastime. I’ve been told I’m a great engineering manager now, but physically I know I’m really out of shape.

At work we have the luxury of many recreational events, an on campus health club membership, and classes (technical and physical). The health club is boring and takes away time from my family. Ten weeks ago, they announced a \”Self-Defense\” class taught by the instructor for the local police department. The instructor explained that most of the techniques are from Krav Maga. I was looking forward to every one of the 7 two-hour long classes. During that time I researched Krav Maga online, and found a training center that wasn’t horribly inconvenient but a trek through traffic nonetheless. I signed up anyway.

The classes really tire me out. It used to be that by the time I wake up in the morning I could barely walk. The thread about massage, and glucosimine really helped. Now I feel sore when I wake up the day or two after class, but I could actually function.

I have a daughter and one on the way. I would like to be around for them for a long time, and to be able to protect them should an unfortunate predicament ever come up. This seemed like a good use of time away from my family. Two benefits for one time slot!

I feel very fortunate to have come across something I enjoy doing that has some great people in the community. The people in the class, the office, the instructors, the instructors assistants all seem incredibly nice.

I also want to thank the people on these forums for their contributions that have helped me learn many new things.

– CAV

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Cav you made it!

Your doing great in class buddy and are picking up on things quickly. Thanks for the opportunity to work together.

And thanks for participating in the forums.

giant-killer

Great new thread. Hope we’ll be able to keep it up. Welcome all lurkers! 😀

unstpabl1

Ha. I thought I scared Mara Jade away 😆 i was depressed cause she was responsible for my discount from Borders for the Krav book. 😉
    Good start

Welcome Cav the engineering manager dude! I’d ask you what that was, but I’m afraid you’d answer and I still wouldn’t understand 😆 As to the American football line…..Well, there really isn’t any other kind. 😉

freelancer

Hi my names Freelancer and I’m an alcho….. Ooops sorry wrong organization.

Just wanted to say hi. I’ve taken a level one course in California and enjoyed it but since moving I haven’t been able to train at a facility. I do however have the KM tapes and work out with them and my Bas Rutten tapes. Love this forum for all the input and while I’m not a regular Krav guy I feel that my limited self training has brought me good results.

Thanks to all the veterans on this board for your advice and nice to see it so active.

unstpabl1

Re:

[quote=\”FreelancerI’m not a regular Krav guy I feel that my limited self training has brought me good results.
    .[/quote]

I don’t train krav either and their down the block. Trainings, training 😀 Boards are for sharing ideas and this one for learning about krav as well, but I’m really here to pick on GK or to keep the little devil on line. Either that or she starts threads about facing gangs of chain saw weilding Mad Max type mutants like my next door neighbors. I gotta get outta the trailer park 😆

mara-jade

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

Ha. I thought I scared Mara Jade away 😆 i was depressed cause she was responsible for my discount from Borders for the Krav book. 😉
    Good start

Me?? Nah :). With the bruises I would come with to work, they seem to have this warped idea I’m some sort of RamboLina – I friggin wish 😆

Ok, someone needs to keep track when the 2nd printing of the KM book comes out – got my borders gift cards 😀 I was hoping I’d see some new posts.

Welcome Lurkers! Cav – another geek – cool 8) Freelancer – get the book man! It’s helps alot 🙂

giant-killer

I’ll be online forever. I just can’t be stopped. So, I should take over Mike’s name. By the way, has anyone ever wondered how to defend against a charging unicorn? With a chain saw? 😈 😉

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

I’ll be online forever. I just can’t be stopped. So, I should take over Mike’s name. By the way, has anyone ever wondered how to defend against a charging unicorn? With a chain saw? 😈 😉

The thing about my user name, is that a majority of people misread it. They think its UNSTABLE ONE, instead of UNSTOPABLE ONE. truth is unstable probable suits me better 😆

giant-killer

Me too, so I should probably just start using that one. 8)

cav

Re:

quote \”CJs Dad\:

Cav you made it!

Your doing great in class buddy and are picking up on things quickly. Thanks for the opportunity to work together.

And thanks for participating in the forums.

That’s incredibly flattering!

I love all the things I’m learning, you and the other instructors are the major reason why.

*kida*

sevenor11

Mara_Jade,

Nice of you to welcome us in. I’ve been taking KM for about 3 months now, and like many of you, I’m hooked. This is a great forum…lot’s of good advice.

adversity04

Yay, I can finally intro myself! Thanks to those who worked on getting my account up 🙂

Only been lurking for a couple weeks while I was deciding if I was going to start taking classes. Turns out I decided it was a great, maybe a little crazy, idea and started class this past Monday 8-20. Thus far I’ve been to four classes and it’s been a complete new and interesting experience for me. I’m training down at Fit and Fearless in Austin, TX. I’ve thus far had classes with Heath, Jeff and Brett for those interested.

Slight background: I’m a 20yo college student currently interning down here in Austin. I was a high school runner, XC/Track, of various differences depending on the season. XC I ran the 3.1m cause everyone did and when outdoor came around I was our 400H guy. After some injuries I took time during the first year of college to heal up = I got out of shape and ‘fat.’ Since then I’ve been doing various cardio and lifting to get myself back into it and am about there, but nowhere near as fast as I used to be. I also started Crossfit on Monday with the beginner program to bring Krav and Crossfit together slowly. The L-sit practice is killing me today 😛

For those who want to know who I am, I’m the one doing class barefoot with the dark brown hair in the process of growing out. Feel free to ask any questions. 🙂

~Lenny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: