Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

I’d also recommend watching a regular class as well. The fighting classes are great, but they don’t usually feature KM self-defense techniques. So, if you’d like to take a look at those in action, watching one or several regular classes may be interesting for you.

ninjabuddy

Yeah I tried out a class the other day and it was great. Different from any other martial art I’ve done that’s for sure! I had heard some bad things about Krav Maga at ATA schools so I was a little weary going in to try a free introductory class, but it turned out that the instructor was very good and well trained in Krav Maga. I signed up and am looking forward to training more! 😀

mara-jade

Re:

quote \”Ninjabuddy\:

Yeah I tried out a class the other day and it was great. Different from any other martial art I’ve done that’s for sure! I had heard some bad things about Krav Maga at ATA schools so I was a little weary going in to try a free introductory class, but it turned out that the instructor was very good and well trained in Krav Maga. I signed up and am looking forward to training more! 😀

Glad to read you gave it a try instead of listening to someone else’s opinion. 😀 . Only you can decide if it’s right for you. I have a relative who just recently got their black belt in Karate and I would NEVER trash what they love. To me though KM beats them all 😉

bradm

Re:

quote \”Ninjabuddy\:

Glad you found a good ATA school that has a good Krav program. Not all ATA schools have a bad Krav program. I studied Krav at an ATA school for about 3 years. It was great – I loved it. When I moved, I started Krav at another ATA school. It was so bad I quit after a couple months.

Curious, where do you train?

jfox

I just finished my last Krav class at an ATA school. I am looking for somewhere else to train in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area. I took classes at this school for a little over 6 months and decided after my last one this week, not to renew my contract. It was a really hard decision, because I love the art. I feel though that the focus at this school is not on Krav, it is on their main program (ATA). The instructor is a great instructor, but not worth me paying another grand or so for another 6 months of being \”second\”… I am not sure if I will ever be suckered into another 6 month contract and therefore may not get the opportunity to advance in Krav.

BTW: Hello all those that remember me, sorry for not posting recently!

mara-jade

Re:

quote \”JFOX\:

I just finished my last Krav class at an ATA school. I am looking for somewhere else to train in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area. I took classes at this school for a little over 6 months and decided after my last one this week, not to renew my contract. It was a really hard decision, because I love the art. I feel though that the focus at this school is not on Krav, it is on their main program (ATA). The instructor is a great instructor, but not worth me paying another grand or so for another 6 months of being \”second\”… I am not sure if I will ever be suckered into another 6 month contract and therefore may not get the opportunity to advance in Krav.

BTW: Hello all those that remember me, sorry for not posting recently!

Dang, sorry to read you had a bad experience 🙁

franz29

Hi guys, longtime lurker, new poster. The name is Stephen and I just started out in Krav Maga. I have no previous MA experience so it is a challenge for me.

I am studying in the UK, under an IKMF school, but don’t hold that against me ;). Krav Maga Schools are few and far between over here, the nearest is 30 miles from me (the nearest KMWW school about 50) but it’s well worth the drive every week.

Not sure I will have much to add to many of the discussions, but it’s good to be here nonetheless.

Regards

Stephen

mara-jade

Re:

quote \”Franz29\:

Not sure I will have much to add to many of the discussions, but it’s good to be here nonetheless.

Regards

Stephen

Nice to meet ya 😀 . Now don’t go saying that yet..you’ve just started for crying out loud 😆 . Sometimes I wonder if I have anything good to say 😉

nd6171

Neil from Texas. I am new to Krav Maga. The nearest training center is over an hour away for me, so I am unable to attend a class. I have been learning as much as I can from the Complete Krav Maga book and by watching videos. Guess that is better than nothing.

cj

Hello everyone. I am kind of an old timer, and yet always starting over. I started KM in 2000 or 2001. When I began training I went 4 times a week. I did that for a year or so. Since then I have a tendency to go back for a few months and then take a break. Often times it is do to my work schedule and sometimes it’s boredom. I used to post quite often on the old forum but have never posted since the changeover. I just started back to KM and I am going to try and stick with it this time. Just wanted to say hi.

CJ

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

My Son you’ve come home!

Kidding 🙂

cj

😀 DADDY ❓

mblachford

Hello All,

So yes I was one of those lurkers who opted to sign up for an account just last night actually. I was actively researching Krav for approximately 2 – 3 months, and got into my first class two weeks ago after much deliberation and I have to say I love it. I have a year of Ninjitsu training under my belt, and I have to say that Krav is a much more realistic fighting system.

This is not to say that Karate, BJJ, Ninjitsu are not great systems, because they are but I became a believer in the Israelis system after observing and attending my first class.

Oh, I am training with Stephen Del Castro at Premier Martial Arts in Land O’ Lakes, FL – great instructor.

Look forward to contributing more to the Krav community!

Thanks,
    Mason

Hi all,
    Just another person with a serious interest in this H2H system. I’ll be taking my first class next week, and from there on out as often as my schedule allows. It’s a ways to the nearest school but I’ve been waiting on this for entirely too long. For now, I’ll be back here in the second row of seats taking notes.

Rube

giant-killer

Man, that CJ is one smart 2-year-old. Already living and training on his own is Wisconsin. And so eloquent! 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: