Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    crash20

Re: Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Hey wanted to thank both Magpie and cinnamongirl for their replies, they were all helpful. I did have a talk with one of the instructors who keeps referring to one’s basic defence stance as similar to the way one may walk when angry. Now I without question get angry but it is usually displayed verbally not physically and my walk is something that has always; how shall we put it, stimulated certain responses from guys in the neighborhood I grew up in. So of course I’m having trouble making this transition. Never the less I am trying to get myself to take things in small doses. I started walking differently in the streets trying to get more comfortable with a wider stance. I started giving myself small goals for each class. On some days it is I will remember to make the sounds and do the breathing with the falls to the floor and the strikes. Other days it is I will remember to keep my hands up and my elbows in and my chin tucked in. This has helped. My time and money are limited so it is hard to get there and practice with others between classes and I can’t afford private lessons. So I am trying to practice on my own early in the morning before the gym or at night before bed. Mostly I’m trying to work on my round house kick and forward roll. I’m a very committed guy and determined to achieve something in this new venue. I hope to take it as far as I can and gain some confidence that I will be able to protect myself and partner if need be. Thanks again

kmky

When I first started I was directing a musical and rehearsals made it difficult for me to get to classes. I would work on my movement in my home anytime I need to go from room to room (trying to keep my stance correct and such). I also got some 2lb weights to hold in my hands and practiced punching slowly in the mirror to focus on my technique. I noticed that shortly later I was keeping my hands up in class and moving better. One of the nice things is that Krav is based on natural responses so it will click for you soon.

quote Crash20:

Hey wanted to thank both Magpie and cinnamongirl for their replies, they were all helpful. I did have a talk with one of the instructors who keeps referring to one’s basic defence stance as similar to the way one may walk when angry. Now I without question get angry but it is usually displayed verbally not physically and my walk is something that has always; how shall we put it, stimulated certain responses from guys in the neighborhood I grew up in. So of course I’m having trouble making this transition. Never the less I am trying to get myself to take things in small doses. I started walking differently in the streets trying to get more comfortable with a wider stance. I started giving myself small goals for each class. On some days it is I will remember to make the sounds and do the breathing with the falls to the floor and the strikes. Other days it is I will remember to keep my hands up and my elbows in and my chin tucked in. This has helped. My time and money are limited so it is hard to get there and practice with others between classes and I can’t afford private lessons. So I am trying to practice on my own early in the morning before the gym or at night before bed. Mostly I’m trying to work on my round house kick and forward roll. I’m a very committed guy and determined to achieve something in this new venue. I hope to take it as far as I can and gain some confidence that I will be able to protect myself and partner if need be. Thanks again
    connorb

Hello all. I’m looking forward to discussing the crave for Krav with you.
    Happy Holidays!!!

sven

Hello Everyone.

I am an English guy living in Sweden.
    I used to live in a pretty terrible situation after having messed up my life.
    During that period I regularly got involved in violent situations over money, drugs, booze and to protect silly kids who got mixed up and in way over their heads.
    After a number of years I slowly but surely got myself back on the rails and went from working minimum wage jobs I hated, with occasional drug dealing which I also hated doing, to working in a responsible and well paid position in an international bank.

I moved to Sweden when the recession hit, and have managed to establish myself in my own business fixing and supporting smartphones and tablets.
    I married a Finnish woman, and I am now a proud stepfather to her three children too.

This is also why I have renewed interest in Krav Maga. My wife and I have decided to start learning it together as a couple activity thing, and also I want to know that I can protect my new family.

Although Sweden in general is nowhere near as dangerous or crime ridden as the UK cities I lived in when off the rails, I can never forget some of the people I had to fight and some of the things I had to do to survive.

On a less dark note! The book I have bought about Krav Maga to start with describes how its principles can be applied to business, so that is something I am also interested in applying.

ciaxo86

Hello I’m an Italian guy and I live in Pisa. My english is really bad. Probably this forum will help me in improving my krav but also my english!!!

persechini

hello my name is Stefano, I am Italian. I practice krav maga in brescia.

kerusso

Hello all,

I have read a few topics on the forum in the past, and appreciate the content.

I was introduced to km a few years ago while in college, but didn’t have the time or resources to participate. Last year, I began to search for the best self defense systems available, and was reminded of Krav. After quite a bit of research, I settled on a kmw facility a few months ago, and I have loved every minute of it.

I don’t know any of you very well, but hopefully that will change soon.

Hello, I’m Phoenix. I began studying Krav Maga about ten years ago but stopped about two years ago due to work and other things but now I have started to get back into it. I joined the forum to connect with others who share my interest in Krav Maga.

moneymarv

Greetings, everybody. 3 1/2 years studying. Krav Maga, going for my Phase A next month. Love the discourse and discussion of ideas and opinions. Looking forward to new thoughts and perspectives.

lennykravist

Welcome, e’erbody! Good luck in your training, and have fun!

raaraa

:wav: Hi my names Kim, been training Krav Maga for about 2 years now, I train in Llanberis, North Wales, UK

I’m going for my level 2 in a couple of months xxx

crash20

Welcome Good luck to you.

raaraa

quote Crash20:

Welcome Good luck to you.

Thankyou 🙂 xx

goldenholden

Hi, I am just starting out. Havent taken a Krav class yet but have been seriously looking into self defense classes and came across Krav. This seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I am a 20 somethings woman and live in Orlando, FL

crash20

Hey Goldenholden,
    Welcome, I have found this forum to be very helpful and supportive. I hope you find the same.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: