Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”adversity04\:

Only been lurking for a couple weeks while I was deciding if I was going to start taking classes. Turns out I decided it was a great, maybe a little crazy, idea and started class this past Monday 8-20.

For those who want to know who I am, I’m the one doing class barefoot with the dark brown hair in the process of growing out. Feel free to ask any questions. 🙂

~Lenny

Teaching already, Lenny? 😆 Welcome to the board. Been to Austin twice. Been a long time. I remember 3 things. 6th Street, the music and the girls. Great town. Oh make that 5 things, the back seat of a patrol car and Texas guys don’t like it when they catch ya with their girls. How was I suppose to know? Mot that it would’ve made a difference to me at the time 😉

Did I mention 6th street was awesome

mara-jade

Re:

quote \”sevenor11\:

Mara_Jade,

Nice of you to welcome us in. I’ve been taking KM for about 3 months now, and like many of you, I’m hooked. This is a great forum…lot’s of good advice.

Somebody had to start it and besides, kept getting the feeling of ‘TAG, you’re IT’ 😆

Yeah, everyone’s pretty cool in here, every so often there’s a wee bit of drama, but nothing that would make me stop coming 😀

I found out this week my center’s starting another weapons defense class (woohoo). I’ll see some stuff we did before but definitely new stuff as well. I’m terrible – doing the run before walk thing I suppose but as long if you’ve passed level 2, what the heck..Just gotta get over being a little sore and I think I’ll be fine. 🙂

unstpabl1

Thread bump

unstpabl1

Bump

garddawg

Adversity glad to see you made it.

mara-jade

Awww, my post is a sticky now ..cool 8) . Um, anyone needing a 25% off borders coupon? I just got their newsletter and they’re running the coupon through labor day.

Just doing my part to help those on a tighter budget than others 😀

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon_250830.htm

back4more

Thanks MJ for the thread – I’ve been lurking far too long now! I enjoy reading the posts and have benefitted from info on this forum. I’ve been training 4+ years now and was hooked after my first class. I studied Shorin-ryu in college and always wanted to get back to martial arts…. without the katas! So, Krav is perfect for me – the simplicity of the defenses combined with aggressive combatives – it just works!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Cool, glad you made a post. SO or west side?

back4more

Currently training in Temecula although I did train in LA for several months and visit there when I can. Haven’t made it to SO yet but would like to!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Great to have you, thanks for posting.

mara-jade

Re:

quote \”Back4More\:

Thanks MJ for the thread – I’ve been lurking far too long now! I enjoy reading the posts and have benefitted from info on this forum. I’ve been training 4+ years now and was hooked after my first class. I studied Shorin-ryu in college and always wanted to get back to martial arts…. without the katas! So, Krav is perfect for me – the simplicity of the defenses combined with aggressive combatives – it just works!

Glad to ‘see’ ya 😀 . Dang, 4 years?? Cool! 8)

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Back4More\:

see now you got to start posting more. It’s not like this isn’t your forum. You lurkers who take krav start posting and then you’ll get rid ofthe idiots like me, who don’t take it.. Glad your here 😀

giant-killer

Yep, if unstpabl can post, anyone can! 8)

ninjabuddy

Hey guys, I’m a new member here and just wanted to say hi and that I’ve been interested in Krav Maga for a long time and now I’ve finally decided that since Shaolin Kung Fu wasn’t really my thing after our teacher left (who combined mixed martial arts with traditional Kung Fu) and after trying many other schools, I would finally try Krav Maga out. I’m hoping to get started soon, and any insight you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated! 😀

unstpabl1

Welcome Ninjabuddy, best advice these krav guys could give you is to go watch a class, then try one. I think watching their fight class makes a lot of sense. also, buying \”The \”Complete Krav Maga\” book will take you far in figuring out what it’s about.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: