Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    tmonteiro

Re: Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

hello I am tiago. I’m from Portugal, living in Lisbon. I started Krav Maga, about a month, and I love it. I joined this forum with the intention to share and know more about this Israeli self defense.

Greetings to all

Tiago

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum:wav:

ladyraven6

Hi everybody. I have only been to class once (had time issues with school) but now that I am out for the summer I am planning to start back up this week. I loved the first class and can’t wait to learn more! I am a runner so this is great cross training for me. Have a great day!

gunther

Hello, I am Phil from Massachusetts. I have been training in Krav for four and a half months. I come from a military and law enforcement background and love the training regimen of Krav Maga. The Instructors at my school are all top notch. I can only say great things about them. The entire school organization is the best. My children study Kenpo there and I see vast improvements in them as well.

magpie

Hello, my name is Ed. I’m 48 and have been training in KM for 3 months. My workplace is actually located next door to a KMW facility here in Los Angeles, so I train 2x/wk on my lunch break. I’m also a heart attack survivor (had one back in January) but am happy to say that I’ve been able to train with no problems!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Magpie:

Hello, my name is Ed. I’m 48 and have been training in KM for 3 months. My workplace is actually located next door to a KMW facility here in Los Angeles, so I train 2x/wk on my lunch break. I’m also a heart attack survivor (had one back in January) but am happy to say that I’ve been able to train with no problems!

Awesome!

j1mb0

Hello, I’m Jim from Charleston, West Virginia. I’ve been a long time practitioner of martial art and currently hold a rank of Nidan in Yoshinkan Aikido. I’ve been very interested in Krav Maga for a long time. However, with West Virginia being a rather small state population wise there was only one Krav training facility about 3 1/2 hours away. Anyway, Krav finally made its way to Charleston and I attended my first class last night. I loved it. I’m very excited to learn more and improve my skills and physical fitness at the same time.

I’m also very glad I found this forum and look forward to reading and learning from the more experienced forum members.

magpie

Welcome, Jim!

petern

Hello everyone! New to krav maga training and this forum, but I have been reading here for a year or two. The site is what got me training. Absolutely love krav and when not training I read and study about it as much as I can. To the point of total nerdism. This forum is invaluable!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote PeterN:

Hello everyone! New to krav maga training and this forum, but I have been reading here for a year or two. The site is what got me training. Absolutely love krav and when not training I read and study about it as much as I can. To the point of total nerdism. This forum is invaluable!

Krav Nerd! bow1

diesel9capt

It is a pleasure and an honor to have the opportunity to finally train again in Krav Maga. I trained in Orlando(Von Schmellings)back in 01′ to early 03′ but a company move sent me to Cincinnati then finally Atlanta. I continued to train in Boxing and Muay thai and was even asked to join a few of the local fighter/training teams along the way but common sense prevailed and I chose to avoid the possibility of being on the receiving end of pugilist dementia, knee/shin problems, etc.
    I have to say that of all of the styles that I have been exposed to along the way, it is Krav Maga that always struck me as the most complete reality based street defense system out there.
    Anyway, it’s good to be back and If you are ever in the Atlanta area, the KM school’s on the north side are excellent.
    S

crash20

Hey everyone,
    I’m a 54 year old gay man married for almost 20 years. I have next to no experience in sports or martial arts of any kind. This summer there have been a rash of gay bashings; one ending in the death of a young man I believe in front of his partner or husband. These attacks took place in areas that were know as safe for gay people. I became somewhat disturbed and afraid for myself my husband and my friends. So I decided I needed to do something about it. About 2 months ago I took my first Krav Maga class and right away I felt like it was the right thing to do. I feel a little more confidante and feel at least I’m doing everything I can do to be prepared in the event something should happen. This has been hard for me as I’m a guy who ran from all of my bullies it is even hard to stand in front of a class partner and put my hands up, but I feel that I must do this. Things come up in class all the time, my lack of balance, my lack of aggression and I’m doing my best to live up to these new challenges. Any advice on how to get a handle on these new skills would be appreciated. Thanks

cinnamongirl

quote Crash20:

Hey everyone,
    I’m a 54 year old gay man married for almost 20 years. I have next to no experience in sports or martial arts of any kind. This summer there have been a rash of gay bashings; one ending in the death of a young man I believe in front of his partner or husband. These attacks took place in areas that were know as safe for gay people. I became somewhat disturbed and afraid for myself my husband and my friends. So I decided I needed to do something about it. About 2 months ago I took my first Krav Maga class and right away I felt like it was the right thing to do. I feel a little more confidante and feel at least I’m doing everything I can do to be prepared in the event something should happen. This has been hard for me as I’m a guy who ran from all of my bullies it is even hard to stand in front of a class partner and put my hands up, but I feel that I must do this. Things come up in class all the time, my lack of balance, my lack of aggression and I’m doing my best to live up to these new challenges. Any advice on how to get a handle on these new skills would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome Crash20 – respect to you for taking steps to protect yourself and your loved ones! I also had no experience in martial arts, or anything athletic before starting Krav. At first, it was uncomfortable for me to show aggression during training – it took help from my training partners and instructors to get that out of me. It didn’t take long..lol! Sometimes, you need someone to really get you angry in order to get the energy to fight back. Then you develop the skills to control it. My best advice is to keep at it, the more you train, the better you will be. Also, talk to your instructors – the better they get to know you, the better they can help you. Good luck and Krav on!

magpie

Welcome, Crash20! +1 on what CinnamonGirl said.

I recently posted about some of my frustration about being older, smaller, and not as strong as most of the guys (and girls) in my classes. Over the holiday, I saw a quote that gave me encouragement. Perhaps it will help you too. It’s by A.A. Milne, who created Winnie The Pooh, and says:
    “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

I wish you the very best of luck in your training. Please keep us all posted on your progress!

magpie

Wanted to add that on a more practical note, perhaps it might help to visualize someone hurting your partner or another loved one, and imagining that training pad to be the attacker. I’ve employed this method on occasion whenever I feel myself gassing out, and it always dumps a buttload of adrenalin into my system.

Or you could imagine you’re this guy (ignore the commercial): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mp16_dodgeball-get-angry_fun

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: