Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Bas Rutten 28 min Workout Series

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    stevetuna

Re: Bas Rutten 28 min Workout Series

I say that you should mix and match. Start with the 28 minute workout until you can get through that one pretty well. Then, you might want to work in 5 or so rounds of the boxing CD (Defense and one… defense and two…), followed by the 28 minute workout.

“Now you are ready!” (a little Bas joke – do the workouts, you’ll understand…)

kvmorl

quote stevetuna:

I say that you should mix and match. Start with the 28 minute workout until you can get through that one pretty well. Then, you might want to work in 5 or so rounds of the boxing CD (Defense and one… defense and two…), followed by the 28 minute workout.

“Now you are ready!” (a little Bas joke – do the workouts, you’ll understand…)

Good stuff, thanks!

ds314

I pulled the trigger and purchased the set this morning.

DS314

la-revancha

quote DS314:

I pulled the trigger and purchased the set this morning.

DS314

Good man. I’m to the point where Bas is my primary CV supplement to krav and grappling. Works WONDERS for my judo and jits.

Exponentially endless benefits.

SPEAK UP ONENESS!!

oldkravdude

Been doing Bas workouts for years. He never gets old. Everyone I introduce the workouts to love them. You can do Bas to a mirror, to a heavy bag or with a mitt holder. Do every other round lefty if you’re a right hander. When he yells “defense” add things to the sprawl (like rising with a clinch and knee, jumping as high as you can instead of the sprawl,etc.). You can even get two boom boxes and play 2 Bas cd’s at once. We call that one “Bas on Crack”. Now there’s a workout!

oldkravdude

But, for the love of God, never, ever mention that you do them in a Krav class as a drill or as part of your workout. I said that once and started a whole thread about how awful that was!!

unstpabl1

quote OldKravDude:

But, for the love of God, never, ever mention that you do them in a Krav class as a drill or as part of your workout. I said that once and started a whole thread about how awful that was!!

Still wimpering about that huhrofl2Though I still feel if I’m paying for an hours instruction it should be personal and not a half hour outta of an hour on a cd workout I can do for free at home. I know pretty silly expectation

oldkravdude

Still a pain in the ass, huh? 🙂

zookr

Quick question – Is the 28 minute workout cd part of the MMA Workout CD and DVD Package?

Thanks.

unstpabl1

quote OldKravDude:

Still a pain in the ass, huh? 🙂

thumbsupCouldn’t resistrofl2

kvmorl

I saw a couple of videos sets from BAS, this the one everyone talks about right?

Amazon.com

oneness

I’m back. Sean I apologize for the long post.

I was in Maryland teaching an LE course with my wife. She seen the thread and told me to post.

First things first – La Revencha. Bas is still working on some fine details of the second version. It is also going to be released at the same time as an infomercial and new striking device. So unfortunately I don’t know the exact release date.

We will be down in sherman oaks teaching another instructor course June 8th – 12th. Going to be a good one with some of the guys going through. If you and Sean are around on thursday, come by, I will have Bas run us through the new version or at least thats my plan.

The people that complain about using the workouts in class, I’m sorry don’t get it. Your striking, muscle memory, cardio and timing to mention a few will improve dramatically. We use the tapes to see where fighters are at and also to improve their mental aspect.

Little story – Pedro Rizzo was fighting and not doing good. Bas walked in and from the back of the room started yelling out ‘three’. Pedro heard it and fired a three. Bas started yelling out other cominations – two and a right straight, etc. 15 seconds later Pedro knocked the guy out.

The workout can be used in many, many ways besides what has been stated. I will try and post a little later some other options.

unstpabl1

quote Oneness:

The people that complain about using the workouts in class, I’m sorry don’t get it. Your striking, muscle memory, cardio and timing to mention a few will improve dramatically. We use the tapes to see where fighters are at and also to improve their mental aspect.

Little story – Pedro Rizzo was fighting and not doing good. Bas walked in and from the back of the room started yelling out ‘three’. Pedro heard it and fired a three. Bas started yelling out other cominations – two and a right straight, etc. 15 seconds later Pedro knocked the guy out.

The workout can be used in many, many ways besides what has been stated. I will try and post a little later some other options.

Being that I was one of the main guys in the original thread on using Bas tapes in class a couple thoughts. Trust me I get it. I was busting Old Krav Dude’s balls a bit yesterday.

The original thread was about preception from a students perspective. Calling out and numbering punches and combos wasn’t invented by Bas. Its been done by trainers in many arts forever for the reason you stated. I have no problem with use of the tapes other than if I payed for a class my expectation is that the instructor teaches the class and doesn’t put a cd or a movie in to teach it for them. I can buy the software and do it myself.. If I was watching the class to join at the time I first heard of the practice I would have left. Value is percieved and the preception seemed apathetic

In the ensuing discussion I saw more value to the practice as guys felt they could monitor students better freeing themselves up for personal instruction while Bas runs the class so to speak. But initially it sounded lazy and apathetic

kmman

Whsat equipment is necessary? what equipment is recommended?

TV for video? Some space? Glove? etc etc

I have a BOB, gloves, dumbells, wavemaster (same use as BOB?)

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Just gloves – sometimes I do it with 16’s others with just bag gloves. I also recommend wearing a mouth piece. Not because Bob hits back LOL but because it helps to regulate you’re breathing through your nose and not your mouth. Often I make students pop theirs in at the beginning of class before the warm up for that reason.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: