Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Bas Rutten 28 min Workout Series

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    kvmorl

Re: Bas Rutten 28 min Workout Series

quote Ithos:

So I just ordered the set and cant wait to get it.

Just kind of in review

The Thai Boxing is slower than Boxing with combos? I’ve done up to 3 rounds of the Boxing at Krav classes for a warm up a few times and the combos do come fast, but I got them pretty quick.

The All Around Workout is just a crazy intense work out? If so I cant wait…..

And the All Around Fighting, I haven’t seen much mention in the thread, I know I’ll find out in a few days but is it a solo workout or with a partner?

Thanks

I haven’t done the Thai Boxing yet but i do know it implements knee strikes into the combos.

The All Around Workout is great overall, just make sure you don’t cheat yourself and do put 100% effort into the moves, even if you can’t finish. Your body will improve and adapt with effort and time.

I will start the All Around Fighting this week so I will input soon.

bradm

The Thai Boxing CD also adds a kick after each combo Bas calls out. That’s what make the Thai Boxing tape more intense than the boxing CD.

kirsten

The Thai tape is “slower” because he gives you time to add the knees or kicks, depending on your level. If you really want to kick it up a notch (for you veterans), Bas has us add the following:

For combos ending on a right knee or kick- add left hook, right straight to the end.
    Combos ending on a left knee or kick- add a right straight, left hook to the end.

The possibilities are really endless with his tapes. Oneness and I have ALOT of drills for tapes designed to increase power and endurance. I think I could made a “tip of the week” out of them, lol. You should never be bored with them, unless youíre not being creative. You have to move fast and as always, “remember to twist your body” (lol) and DO NOT sacrifice power and form for speed!

BTW, if youíre in a class that only uses the tape, as in a ìbabysittingî capacity then you need to talk to the school owner. Now donít get me wrong, sometimes my guys want this and as a whole they ask to do it during a striking class, or they use open mat time, but overall this should be done once in a great while during a scheduled class and not regularly.

kirsten

I forgot to add…

When the guys do use the tapes, I am always there yelling and screaming at them (you know, cheerleading, providing extra motivation… :-0) and calling out drills on the breaks to keep them exhausted! Cause NO REST for the wicked!

la-revancha

quote Kirsten:

Oneness and I have ALOT of drills for tapes designed to increase power and endurance. I think I could made a “tip of the week” out of them, lol.

DO EEET!! I sense a sticky thread in the works.

quote Kirsten:

I forgot to add…
    When the guys do use the tapes, I am always there yellingÖscreaming at them and calling out drills on the breaks to keep them exhausted!

Donít.
    Sit.
    Down.

kirsten

LOL… “And if youíre not tired (yeah right!) Then jump with your knees to your chest”

Saturday I took the guys about 5 minutes from the training center and we parked at the base of a very nice and steep hill. Then we used the 2 minute boxing tape (we were standing in dirt so no kicking allowed) and on the 1 minute rest they sprinted up the hill.

I have lotsÖ but this last one is courtesy of Bas himself.

stevetuna

“When I am not talking… YOU make the combinations!”

Ah, Bas! Pretty much a steady date for me on Sunday afternoons! Nothing better!

kirk

Where can I find this amazing 28min Bas workout dvd? Thank you!

unstpabl1

quote stevetuna:

“When I am not talking… YOU make the combinations!”

Ah, Bas! Pretty much a steady date for me on Sunday afternoons! Nothing better!

Thats kinda creepyrofl2

oneness

You can purchase directly from Bas at
    http://basrutten.tv/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=B&Category_Code=DV

or from http://www.Reavgear.com

The 2nd workout is not done. I was hoping to have him run me and a few others through it at the last instructor course, but its still on paper. :(:

He keeps making changes to it. Bas is also waiting for the striking device infomercial to be completed.

If I hear anything, I will post and let you all know.

la-revancha

Thanks for the update! The public, literally from 12 years old to late 50s, eagerly waits…

kirk

Thank you for the links!!!

nemo-dat

Props to Bas for this idea. We have made our own versions of these tapes which can be tailored to strength training or technique training etc., however they lack a certain je ne cíest quiÖ

lynn

I have used these CDs for the past three years. At first, every other day. Now, 3 times per week. Incred, after the first 8 months of using them, I lost 50 lbs, or so. I vary my use of Tbox and All Around routines (always the 3 min round). Last year I used the CDs to prepare for the Combos in Phase B. It was an awesome tool! Just remember to not drop your hands.

I still use them 3 times per week, added onto a short core workout. On sundays, I let my students join in after class, as I am there working out anyway. They love it. Kristen made a great point. If you are using them for class as an instructor, don’t be a spectator, be a cheerleader and join in!

One of my students is a sound engineer. He dubbed a little Biohazzard in the background.

guitarded-1

Alright…I did the Bas boxing workout (2 min rounds) for the first time today. I have been boxing for 3 months now, and considered myself to be in decent (but not great) shape. Honest to God, even after taking extended breaks, I could only get about 3/4 of the way through. I can’t imagine getting through the whole thing punching at full power, but now I’m determined. Am I this out of shape?!?!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: