Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Becoming a Krav Maga Instructor

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    andy84

What about after you pass the Phase A or even Phase B training? What kind of ongoing training do instructors have to go through to keep their skills sharp?

ryan

After completion of the first three phases, instructors have minimum continuing education requirements to meet annually, as well as the opportunity to attend Expert Series training.

rq
    quote CJs Dad:

Its grueling, you have to be in great shape and really really want to complete the curse.

I can see how being an Instructor can be a curse 😛
    hehe

When is the next Phase A anyways? And how much does it cost? Sounds interesting. I would do it just for the sole experience of going through it. I love a challenge, and it sounds very … challenging.

kravkingdom

Instructor training sounds incredibly intense, to put it mildly. What are the rules about teaching if someone is not certified? How do you know if your instructor is certified?

leejam99

get the person’s name. call NTC and verify.

jamesh-d30

In a nut shell, NO. You can not teach Krav Maga under the Krav Maga Worldwide banner if you are not certified…period. Great pains are taken to qualify the best of the best to teach Krav Maga. As stated there is a 30% failure rate in the VERY FIRST phase of instructor certification; what’s the point of that if people who havn’t even tried are allowed to teach? This is one of the reasons KMW is on the top of the heap.

rq

So when is the next Phase A or how do you go about finding when and where they will be held?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster
    blindfold

Is there anywhere take Phase A in South Florida?

I have been giving thought to going to see Ryan in NC, but there are a few people besides me who might be interested. We are having a hard time finding somewhere to do belt testing down here.

Any ideas?

jjk

Has anyone ever become an Instructor in Krav Maga without ever having taken Krav Maga before?

ryan

jkk, the answer is, yes, they have (I’m one, for example.)

jburtonpdx

While the answer as Ryan said is yes, they have passed phase A without taking Krav prior to phase, usually those folks have a good amount of experience prior to taking phase. A decent fighting background, otherwise its not likely they will make it.

Point is, somebody that passes phase knows what they are doing.

ryan

Years ago, this was more common. There simply weren’t many schools around for people to begin their training. This is much less common these days, and the learning curve for those who havent’ trained in KM previously is pretty steep.

I had e-mailed staff of Krav asking what they are looking for when they are looking for instructors, and told them I had an interest. They replied with, “There are many things that they look for. Physical ability attitude, and not only to be able to do the techniques, but to
    look good doing them because instructors are going to be teaching other students. They went on to say that I was not what they where looking for, and hope that that does not
    discourage me to keep training.
    Well it really hurt and was really a blow to my confidence, but I used it to train harder. So I won’t be an instructor. So what. I will be the best that I can be, because we are the only one we are competing against. Our biggest opponent is our self.

Randy

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us the most”

vwr32
    quote randymaga1krav:

I had e-mailed staff of Krav asking what they are looking for when they are looking for instructors, and told them I had an interest. They replied with, “There are many things that they look for. Physical ability attitude, and not only to be able to do the techniques, but to
    look good doing them because instructors are going to be teaching other students. They went on to say that I was not what they where looking for, and hope that that does not
    discourage me to keep training.
    Well it really hurt and was really a blow to my confidence, but I used it to train harder. So I won’t be an instructor. So what. I will be the best that I can be, because we are the only one we are competing against. Our biggest opponent is our self.

Randy

ìOur deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us the most”

They determined u weren’t what they were looking for based on an email request for info?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: