Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Hey SENSEI ((!!!????)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    brotherobin

\”…By the way, recent archaeological evidence suggests…\” :mrgreen: LOL!

clfmak

When you spend enough time at a TMA school, what you call your instructor just becomes their name. The word \”sifu\” is a two syllable name to me. My point is that although its an honorary title it becomes a name like any other- as long as its not \”grand venerable 14th generation ultimate shidoshi san\”. I don’t think its such a big deal, but if the place makes you uncomfortable it might not be the place for you.

Kind of off topic- having some skill with shooting rocks with a sling, it seems totally possible to kill someone with a hard shot to the head. Especially if you’re a shepard and spend hours a day developing skill with a sling. The whold David and Goliath story doesn’t seem so supernatural.
    …Oh, joking… hehehe

kravmdjeff

Well, that part’s not…but the part about Goliath being ten feet tall and David being about 12 years old

anonymous

Little people rule!!!! 😈

kravron

David paid goliath to take a fall. 😆

kravmdjeff

…right before he chopped his head off with his own sword…ha!

anonymous

The David vs Goliath story makes me think of that video we were watching on Monday of a small guy and a big guy arguing in a bar. Suddenly, the little guy pulls a knife and stabs the big guy about 30 times, driving him all across the room. The first stab hits him right in the neck. A couple of seconds later, one can see the big guy staggering around the room, then he collapses and dies, while one of the patrons in the bar is still sitting on his stool, smoking a cigarette as if nothing has happened. Pretty amazing footage. Talk about killing giants….

anonymous

\”Short People got no reason
    Short People got no reason
    Short People got no reason
    To live

They got little hands
    Little eyes
    They walk around
    Tellin’ great big lies
    They got little noses
    And tiny little teeth
    They wear platform shoes
    On their nasty little feet

Well, I don’t want no Short People
    Don’t want no Short People
    `Round here

Short People are just the same
    As you and I
    (A Fool Such As I)
    All men are brothers
    Until the day they die
    (It’s A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
    Short People got nobody
    Short People got nobody
    To love

They got little baby legs
    That stand so low
    You got to pick ’em up
    Just to say hello
    They got little cars
    That go beep, beep, beep
    They got little voices
    Goin’ peep, peep, peep
    They got grubby little fingers
    And dirty little minds
    They’re gonna get you every time
    Well, I don’t want no Short People
    ‘Round here\”

Short People By Randy Newman

Sorry, Had to do it. 😉

wulfsun

I was always told that martial arts with no philo/spirtitual backing is just punches and kicks. An art that teachs people to defend themselves without giving a history of why it came into being is just as worthless as well.

Why don’t you just ask your instructor if you could call them \”sir\” or \”Mr.\” Because their main goal should be to teach you to better defend yourself and your loved ones. Besides, calling them on a first name basis is going to be pretty hard much later down the road when they push you to give a little more of yourself in your training.

Also ask them if they could tone down on the reglious quotes as well.

tigerklay

Oh Lord here we go

Politics, melodrama, and the ability to be blatantly lacking of courage. Sir, I was just informed of this forum. I, like most of the more intelligent people in the world who have better things to do, generally laugh at this kind of crap, and go on my way. Let’s go ahead and make it aware to the rest of your AUDIENCE that you have never replied back with an e-mail a.) asking me why I have the title \”Sensei\” b.) telling me you have a problem with the scripture at the bottom of my e-mails (which I could honestly care less of what you think about it anyway) and c.) why have you continued to receive e-mails from me over this past month without asking to be removed, as you as you seem to totally detest the thought of \”training under me\”.

Next:
    In my facility, there are NO religious philosophies (Eastern, Christian, or otherwise) spoken of, pushed on people, or manifested in the slightest. Like those in the military, I deffinetly understand reason for protocol, and rank. I have found that by giving a clear understanding of protocol, without ego mind you, and that respect for those who know what they are teaching is earned by what they can show you. Forget about what I can do, my higher ranking students themselves can indeed \”show you\”. Furthermore, my students do not worship me, and nor would I want that. Guess what though…. The last time I was at the Los Angeles location, they were still bowing in and out of class.

Let’s clear this up as well.
    I have never \”asked\” you to call me Sensei, as you stated and nor would I. That is a title I was given (after earning it) through Shotokan, Judo, and Ju-Jitsu. All of my students know that with exception of while we are in class, they are free to call me Klay, Mr. L’Onis, Jerk, Gimp, or whatever. I have no ego while teaching, fighting, or speaking. WIthout knowing me, this is impossible for you to understand, yet my empecable record and my abilities have been reserached by my students. It’s not anything I have come out of left feild with absolutely no reason, and bosted about. I don’t feel I have to do that. Being from a strong traditional background before Krav, Mu instructors were obviously that. So my school basicly carries the traditional respect, so that students will understand how to act with my more traitional superiors ( as they attend my schools periodically) while having a hardcore self defense and fighting mentality which is the basis of Krav. AKA aggressiveness.

There is a differance in being bold, and attempting to be troublesome/annoying. One of them involves speking with those in which your problem comes from. The other involves the general public and not the \”problematic source\” in which you have involved without being calm, unemotional in times of question (which would actually enable you to learn if you could overcome it…. that sounds like a big if though), and by using only your ego, and a severe lack of sound judgement.

AS for my scripture at the bottom of my e-mails, I will continue to wear my banner sir. This does not mean you have to agree with it, or that I would attack you for feeling different. AT the same time, those who would like to question me about it, I will feel free to educate them with whatever I know when asked. I’m not the best Christian in the world, but I try. You’re welcome to come in, call, or e-mail with any qeustions or responses, or ofcourse feel free to make even more of an absolue show out of yourself on this forum.

By the way,
    my last feild of study in college was business admin. My first was Phsychology.
    Let me know if you need some counseling. to help defeat these issues of inaddequecy.

Please respond to me by e-mail if you wish, so that I may take you off of my weekly newsletters and other school news e-mails.

By the way, here’s another bit of advice.

Seek Peace an pursue it.
    [i]Psalm 34

I won’t attack your veiws or what you’ve been taught, but please don’t attack mine either. They have been quite successful for me.
    Thanks,
    Sensei Klay

tigerklay

PS

Mr. Whitman knows me personall, and I’m sure would have advised you of teh same things had he known you were talking about me.

Thanks again

kravmdjeff

Great…

bar-el

Great indeed. Being tolerant of diverse opinions and ways of life also applies to those who have religious convictions.

kravmdjeff

Where’s Revancha to criticize spelling, grammar and punctuation when you need him?

la-revancha

👿 😡 👿 😡 👿

Gracias, Jeff. I hadn’t red that before.

:p

Man, I’M on a roll today.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: