Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Hey SENSEI ((!!!????)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    lorenzo

Re:

quote \”Ajdraco\:

Hey, has anyone in here seen this one?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44950

Yes. I had – and in summary (as it’s 300 pages long) it equals the following:
    Complaints about his instuction of KM.

1) He would charge people for their certificates and after they paid he’d give them rank in his own made up Israeli defense system instead of Krav which is what they had paid to study. At least one student had to complain to the central office to get his yellow belt certificate.

2) His instruction of Krav, while a good workout was limited in variation and technique, since Larry only has a green belt in this art this could be expected however he represented to Michael, a lawyer that he could award rank for phase or grade two material (more then green belt) which he couldn’t. Michael has described what Larry said next, which was basically he could get around such rules because national (i.e. I assume NTC) loved him.

3) He lied like a rug concerning other credentials. Hey, wouldn’t it be great to study with a Krav instructor who also has a purple belt in BJJ, he doesn’t have a purple belt? #$%^ you, contracts were signed, andthe collections agency will be financially raping you shortly after you attempt to walk from the contract.

Then there were a whole bunch of financially based allegations concerning how he ran his previous school in Lubbock. Larry says his last two office managers embezzled from him. One of them has posted there to strongly dispute this.

– so what is the deal with this kind of thing? Given KMAA cares about its brand and quality of instruction – surely something like the above bares some follow-up to confirm the truth of it? Sure, it’s one bad instructor which doesn’t = the whole organization but nonetheless – bad press is bad press.

Everyone has their own opinions regarding the bullshido guys, and generally they don’t love KM for various reasons, but a fraud is a fraud right?

psyops

Funny stuff!

I just read that blog. Wow!!!! So much drama! Very interesting stuff indeed!

kmcat

I got onto this bullshido site and stumbled around it for a while. It may have some interesting stuff on it, but the site is very cluttered and difficult to navigate. Some of the site’s pop up messages conflicted with its stated mission (no bull sh*t). And there was this subscription aspect to it that made me wonder about some of the validitiy.

It had some interesting things to say about general evaluations of martial arts shools. Unfortunately I went away and when I came back I could not find the article again. From what I did read of it, the school I go to faired pretty well according to its check list.

It had some good general advice if you could find it, but the forums were not very usefull and had a whole lot of \”ha ha your a noobie\” crap.

ajdraco

Well, you need to keep reading. Here is a link to the bullshido pages on Larry. It appears he was fired last week due to all the mess going on in there.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44950&page=312

Yes a fraud is a fraud. If you want to know, I post in there as Reddraco.

anonymous

I can never seee the print when I go to the bullshido page, just the brown background and the stuff on the sides, but not the forum itself. Do you have to sign up to view it?

lorenzo

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

I can never seee the print when I go to the bullshido page, just the brown background and the stuff on the sides, but not the forum itself. Do you have to sign up to view it?

Nope, the background is a black and grey marble effect. Try this link – http://www.bullshido.net/forums

See how that works for you.
    Are you using Firefox vs. IE? It should present as a normal page (loud with a lot of ads but nonetheless, readable).

anonymous

No, doesn’t work. I can see the ads on the left and the black and gray marble, but not the posts. I have a Mac G4 and no high speed.

ajdraco

You should be able to hyper over. But, I have also noticed sometimes you can go to bullshido.com and then hit forums and type in Larry Lonis.

threeknees

Re:

quote \”Lorenzo\:

2) His instruction of Krav, while a good workout was limited in variation and technique, since Larry only has a green belt in this art this could be expected however he represented to Michael, a lawyer that he could award rank for phase or grade two material (more then green belt) which he couldn’t. Michael has described what Larry said next, which was basically he could get around such rules because national (i.e. I assume NTC) loved him.

Everyone has their own opinions regarding the bullshido guys, and generally they don’t love KM for various reasons, but a fraud is a fraud right?

I can specifically speak to this one. I trained under Mr. L’Onis. What he told me *directly* was that he was \”technically\” only certified to teach to green and test to orange (as a green belt instructor) but that *John Whitman* would honor any belt Mr. L’Onis awarded.

There has been much that has transpired since this thread on KM Forums and the thread on Bullshido started. It has come to light that Mr. L’Onis was not an owner in the studio where we trained, as we were led to believe, but a GM. The owner has now taken back over the studio and is re-implementing the proper Krav curricula and testing. Mr. L’Onis is no longer employed there.

ajdraco

Lonis

Yes l lot of things have been happening very quickly. And in fact, I spoke to Lucky’s son today at lunch. That is a whole other issue.

ajdraco

Lonis

Also, it shows/states that the new Gym where Larry was at for a day or two has since discontinued thier association with him. Well, shortly after he was served by the Sheriff.

Also, 3 knees, do you post on Bullshido and if you do, what is your handle? Krav chick?

threeknees

Yes, I am Kravchick on Bullshido. 🙂

ajdraco

Cool, thought your wording sounded familiar. Hope you and your husband are doing well. Have you heard/seen/spoken to Larry lately?

threeknees

Nope, not since we responded to his email asking if we wanted our student records turned back over to the studio owner (which we did of course) and he got snotty with my hubby in reply email. The only updates I get now are on Bullshido. 😆

ajdraco

he called me once and left a message and I could not get his number to call him back. He did at least call me though. I do wonder why he went off and started claiming all the things that he did when he certainly did not need to. I, like you and your husband, was mainly looking for a place to work out and learn what I could. He was always honest with me up front, so I did not care if his MA was sanctioned or not. Could not care less. Hope the 2 of you are still enjoying M/A.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: