Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics History Channel’s Human Weapon: Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    bradm

Regarding the Krav Maga segment of the Human Weapon. It seems to me I saw on one of the advertisements or read somewhere that Jason’s or Bill”s fighting portion would be a combat senerio. They would be dressed in military uniforms, possibly full battle gear, and have to defend themselves while running through a maze of streets, building, etc. Similar to actual training the Israli soldiers would get. They would have to defend against several suprise attacks in a combat situation. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but it would be fun to watch.

kmtakinkm

There is a new video clip posted on the History.com Krav Page showing a man named Itay Gil doing numerous knife defenses at the Teddy Kollek Stadium.

Does anyone from the NTC know him? If so what is his background? Is he \”freindly\” with the Darren and the NTC? Just curious as I wanted to have the right mindset when I watch on Friday.

TO GK –

I also saw the gun defense to that back of the head and also notices a very differnet defense that what we are taught. That is part of the reason for the questions above.

giant-killer

Itay Gil, hmmm not sure, name kind of loosely rings a bell, but I don’t think any KMAA affiliated people are in the show. Now part of the reason is probably that these guys always go to the country of origin to learn the skills. But I wonder if they will at least visit some actual KM schools from other, Israeli based KM organizations there, or just show Moni and his \”Commando\” stuff.

quote Brad: \”Regarding the Krav Maga segment of the Human Weapon. It seems to me I saw on one of the advertisements or read somewhere that Jason’s or Bill”s fighting portion would be a combat senerio. They would be dressed in military uniforms, possibly full battle gear, and have to defend themselves while running through a maze of streets, building, etc. Similar to actual training the Israli soldiers would get. They would have to defend against several suprise attacks in a combat situation. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but it would be fun to watch.\”

Just the kind of training I’d love to do every day… 😀

By the way, just saw the Escrima episode yesterday. That one was pretty good, some interesting moves. I liked that takedown where the opponent’s arms are crossed and then he’s flipped over. Has anyone tried this? I wonder how well this would work in a fight.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Iíve had it done to me several times but only in practice not while live sparring.

giant-killer

Cool, we got to get together some time, then you could show me. If I can do it to you, that means it should work with pretty much anyone (except for cav maybe). 😀

mike-g

I’ve seen it done with wrist grabs like that (not in Krav) and it will either flip you or break elbows.

giant-killer

Got to try this… 😈

cav

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

Cool, we got to get together some time, then you could show me. If I can do it to you, that means it should work with pretty much anyone (except for cav maybe). 😀

I’d feel like a fool sparring with either of you 🙂 But if your in the area you can use me as a practice dummy, just keep my arms (and other joints) in their sockets 😛

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”cav\:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

I’d feel like a fool sparring with either of you 🙂 But if your in the area you can use me as a practice dummy, just keep my arms (and other joints) in their sockets 😛

GK’s an ankle weight for you 😆

giant-killer

Or I can hop on his back and function as a weight vest. 8)

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”mike_g\:

I’ve seen it done with wrist grabs like that (not in Krav) and it will either flip you or break elbows.

I’ve seen it done also in real hapkido, not what you see in most dojangs. I have to admit when I saw it done to a resisting opponent I was like Holy Shit., It really works 😆

giant-killer

Gotta try it then… 😈

veganmark

There is an article in Kung Fu Magazine on KM and Amir Perets and how busy he is working with Krav Maga over in Europe and KM in the U.S. I’ve heard his name before but never in connection with Darren or John. Isn’t he one of those guys that \”Invented His Own System\” and is now trying to capitalize on the sucess of KM International and KM Worldwide or is he a guy that actually earned that right to say he is a KM guy and has simply enhanced it in his own way?

oldkravdude

Amir is the real deal. He was one of the head instrucor in LA when the facility first opened. He is very highly thought of in Krav circles.

johnwhitman

Amir is a very talented guy, and a good friend of ours. He’s a 4th degree black belt in KM. He started his own system out of respect for us, rather than to scam anyone. He wanted to show a few things that were different, and didn’t want to cause any trouble to Darren or to the organization. He is an extremely talented fighter and KM instructor, and a nice guy as well! He still teaches for us (he just did a military course for us) and is around quite a bit!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: