Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    sdkraver

Re: ikmf or kmw?

quote Kirsten:

After a young student of mine died at 13, I could no longer stomach teaching it in 2000. Every time I walked on the training floor and caught a glimpse of a student from the back that resembled him, I would think just for a second it was him. It broke my heart all over again. I just couldnít do it anymore and had to stop teaching.

I am sorry to you hear of your loss. I admire your strength and dedication to your community, by continuing with your teaching.

unstpabl1

quote Michael:

Kirsten,

That is a sad story and I am sorry to here about it. Obviously he was very close to you and the pain is still there. He was blessed to have you in his life for a time, and he in yours. Treasure that time and don’t let the bad ending erode the good times you shared.

+1 Michael tends to say things better than I

destrangis

I haven’t done “snatch the pebble”, but I’ve done a speed drill once where both students had their hands held out in front of them and then one student had to try and slap the other’s hand, while that student tried to pull back. I suppose these drills can improve speed and reaction time, but, if they are done at all, they shouldn’t be done for more than maybe a minute or two, just as part of the general warm up.

krav-systems

Hi Guys, I am an IMKF instructor from the UK. Techniques wise both organisations are almost identical. I.E I am happy to recommend Darren Levine’s books to my student in the absence of a basic IKMF book. To be honest the difference between IKMF, IKMA KMWW and KMF techniques are negligible. They are all headed by people directly taught by the founder. It wasn’t so long ago that KMAA and the IKMF made a joint set of videos and it is a shame that the two organisations have fell out as the students have been the only ones to suffer. I am sure the split was down to power and control, and obviously money. It’s now not possible for any organisation to fairly own a trademark on Krav Maga as all the organisations mentioned above have a verifiable lineage back to Imi. If anyone should own a trademark of Krav Maga it should be the IDF! I can understand how Eyal must have felt when he found out that Darren was trademarking Krav Maga in the US and Canada, having been one of his main teachers, but I do understand it as it is only human nature to try and protect ones own business from any threat. As for the IKMF heading in a weird direction I don’t see it. The drill linked in this thread was one drill from one class in one country. I personally would not teach it or use it for my students and I am an IMKF instructor. Today I completed instructor re-qualification with Eyal and it was as hardcore, relevant, realistic, practical and painful as ever. Eyal is an awesome teacher and the IKMF and KMWW split as I said harms only people who want to train in true Krav Maga. It is a shame that KMWW students will not have the chance to train under Eyal. I suppose we should forget which association we are with: Is your training fit for purpose and realistic. What I am trying to say is will it save your life for real? If so you have not strayed far from the correct path. I hope in the future I get the opportunity to train with all the true Krav Maga associations and all the experts in them. Good luck and happy training!

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: