Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    kirsten

Re: KM Weaknesses?

quote greenbeanie:

My first question to females that engage me in conversation about self-protection is always, ìHave you read the Gift of Fear?î

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

stevetuna

We talk about “The Gift of Fear” in the first five minutes of every women’s self-defense seminar that we do. I think we’ll have to give away a couple of copies of that in the next seminar.

nauticus

One thing that I doubt Krav Maga trains against is nuclear holocaust. 🙂

night-robin

quote Nauticus:

One thing that I doubt Krav Maga trains against is nuclear holocaust. 🙂

Now that you mention it, I have noticed a lack of Apocalyptic Scenarios in my training.:dunno:

clfmak

It’s interesting to see so many “lack of offensive techniques”. IMHO, your defense improves when you learn to defend against better attacks. You might argue that when you do this, you stop training to deal with the most common attacks, but in fencing, boxing, grappling and stickfighting, fighting more technical partners made defending against less or untrained people easier- they tend to telegraph more and attack more well protected areas. I think spending some time refining your attacks can be very beneficial to your partners- if you practice knife or stick defenses, develop quick, accurate, well balanced and intelligent attacks, and learn how to counter sloppy defenses. Develop your stick strikes so they hit in the most effective way (good body mechanics and striking near the tip). Learn to test cut with knives and how to use good technique to cleanly cut through whatever you’re aiming at with a snap cut or with follow through, and learn how to best use a sharpened swedge or double edge on a fighting knife. If you work on firearm disarms, it makes sense to have at least a little training shooting a gun and learning a thing or two about combat shooting theory. Learn about anatomy and how it applies to fighting, in terms of empty hand, edged weapons, blunt weapons and firearms. Listen to what people from other backgrounds to say, and don’t immediately accept or reject what they’re saying. I was doing some sparring last Saturday, and we saw some systema guys practicing in the park. They were doing a lot of goofy looking drills, but we ended up talking and they showed me some cool stuff I’ve been playing around with (as well as some stuff that looked impossible to work at full speed against a resisting opponent).

bradm

“No, we love you old AF farts! ”

Do you know my wife? She calls me that all the time (smile)

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: