Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Ohad Gidon-Born into it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    no-mercy

Re: Ohad Gidon-Born into it.

Ryan is its for show cos onin the video Ohad doing it all in slow motion the moves you see in the video, he will do in real life and you wont even be able to see all the combos.

Most ppl cant do it but in krav maga you use what you have. He is gifted and yes it is got everything to do with “Where is coming from” Israeli master develop the technique
    I have nothing against non Israeli Instructors but still you must understand that the level in Israel is higher the in any other place. and if you haven’t trained with Israeli masters like Gidon and his instructors or with Danis(its another form of Israeli self defense) you wont be able to understand that this is how they really fight.

I know its sound arrogance but they are in total different league and when you have ppl here that trained with them and tell you that this is the real deal, so the case is real.

quote No Mercy:

Ryan is its for show cos onin the video Ohad doing it all in slow motion the moves you see in the video, he will do in real life and you wont even be able to see all the combos.

Most ppl cant do it but in krav maga you use what you have. He is gifted and yes it is got everything to do with “Where is coming from” Israeli master develop the technique
    I have nothing against non Israeli Instructors but still you must understand that the level in Israel is higher the in any other place. and if you haven’t trained with Israeli masters like Gidon and his instructors or with Danis(its another form of Israeli self defense) you wont be able to understand that this is how they really fight.

I know its sound arrogance but they are in total different league and when you have ppl here that trained with them and tell you that this is the real deal, so the case is real.

Most of my Instructors have trained in Israel, and if I attempted a high round kick to the head as a standard combative after a self defense, they would crucify me. That video was obviously a demonstration, complete with flashy moves and a compliant partner. Nobody here is saying that this kid is not incredibly gifted and accomplished. I don’t think that any accomplished instructor would recommend a high risk finisher like that in real life, but when you do nothing but train Krav day in and day out, you obviously have options that the typical end user does not. Nobody here is disparaging the guy so just relax, take a deep breath, realize that we’re all on the same team, and go train.

no-mercy

I’m not talking about the kicks. it has been said here about the arm locks and gun disarm.
    Any instructors will tell you if you see a point you can attack so do it. most of the ppl including myself cant do it with this accuracy and power but he can. Ohad is not a kid he is 31+ years old.

I just don’t like ppl that judge things that they haven’t seen with their eyes.

mara-jade

I have to say, Ohad seems very gifted. However as a student who is not any kind of athlete, I’m just more concerned being able to defend my life and those around me. Being able to be as fast as what’s being shown there is very low on my priority list. This is not a put down to his talent, just what I see as important to me personally.

Also, while KM did originate in Israel, the U.S is NOT a war torn country. KM in Israel may very well be more aggressive over there. How it compares to say what’s taught to our military or LE, I have no idea as I train in the civilian version.

High kicks to the head are just not something I’d wanna try if I have other lower risk options.

no-mercy

I agree on that one, aggression in krav maga is the most impotent thing this is what they teach in Israeli school and in Israeli army.

High kicks is real a high level but as they have weak points they have strong ones as well. the attacker on the street wont be ready for them.

As for the guns and knifes i don’t understant why it is only level 4 here. it is the basics of krav maga as a punch or kick to the groin.

I’m sorry but i know that krav maga is a fast way of self defense, but it has a deeper side and ppl shouldn’t seek only the easy way . on the street it is never easy. I think that in Krav Maga you need always look for ways to improve yourself.
    The enemy is getting more advanced as well .so we need to keep up.

ryan

“I know its sound arrogance but they are in total different league and when you have ppl here that trained with them and tell you that this is the real deal, so the case is real.”

Well, if it didn’t sound arrogant before, you certainly took care of it with this one.

Different league than who? At what? What people?

I don’t know you. Why would your opinion have any gravitas? What do you know of anyone here or their respective abilities?

“I just don’t like ppl that judge things that they haven’t seen with their eyes.”

Is this your first time on an internet forum? The people in this thread offered opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. You are judging the skills and knowledge of them without as much as a video.

mara-jade

Again, we’re NOT a war torn country. It goes back to basics – crawl before walking before running kind of thing. I think doing it right at the beginning would be a disservice as well as may frustrate some. If you don’t know 360 defenses, what are you gonna do against an overhead knife stab, for instance.

My center does offer a basic weapons class if you’ve tested and passed level 1 and up but it does NOT go into all defenses – just knife and gun and NOT all the moves either.

I’m not saying EASY moves, I’m saying less risk to put you in a worse situation than you already are.

ryan

By the way, I have nothing against Ohad. As I’ve said, he’s obviously very talented. Does that mean he’s without flaws? Does that mean that we can’t have an open discussion about techniques and tactics? I’m pretty sure that what this medium is all about…

no-mercy

Rayan i dont judge him bye a video i seen him in life.
    I have been trained in israel by Gidon’s instractors. this is why i say that what you see in the video is a real thing. Its not an opinion of mine its a fact.

I don’t understand why it is so hard to understand that Ohad is that great.

I don’t try to argue I’m just saying that as one that trained in Israel there are instructors that are that great.

I’m not an instructor my krav maga skills are not civilian.

I just don’t like that ppl talk bad about our best masters only by a video.
    And maybe it is childish but as an Israeli krav maga student and an IDF soldier i got offended.

I have a good friend that trains with you and he talks only high about you. I understand that you are a great instructur but pls open your mind when you train from the age you can walk to fight you can do what others can’t.

Mara its not about war torn country. US marines are always fighting somewhere so you can say yes you are a war torn country you just don’t fight you neighbors.

I just say that in Israel you start training with simple moves against guns knives etc.
    cos you need to learn fast and be ready as fast as you can. as time moves one you learn more advanced techniques.
    you cant think that you have time. the attecker wont seat an wait untill you reach “level 2”. My instructor made it clear to all of us that there is no tomorrow you need to think that you will be attacked the second you step out from the gym.

ryan

For the LAST time, NO ONE has questioned his abilities. NOT ONCE. The “debate” was about whether the video was representative of Krav Maga for the average person. No one has said anything derogatory about instructors in Israel. I’m not sure why that’s so hard to understand.

“the attecker wont seat an wait untill you reach “level 2″.”

That’s fine and all, but you can’t walk before you crawl. There has to be some systematic approach, otherwise the foundation will be garbage.

I’m moving on from this thread, since it has clearly run its course. Ohad, if you are out there, I’d happily train with you any time, should the opportunity arise (the same for you, No Mercy.)

All the best…

no-mercy

Yep i just dont think you can judge his techniques bye this video. There are no perfect man and the one that think they are will be the first to fall 🙂

Just keep in mind that alot of the instructers in israel go and learn more martial arts and blend them into Krav Maga. I had one instructer that was Black belt level 2 in krav mag and a black belt in kung Fu. so he could do things with krav maga that others cant and didn’t new like using the kung fu kicks. Other Instructor had Black belt in aikido. But both used Krav Maga as the main technique it was amazing to watch them fight and work with them.

no-mercy

Yea i agree i misunderstood your point it was not clear for me.
    I’ll be glad to come and train and learn from you at yours place. i’m a good friend of “Satilan” so when i’ll visit him i’ll try to make it 🙂

mara-jade

Oh well, I’ve said my peace. We’re all here to defend ourselves and our loved ones and THAT’s what’s important.

satilan

Hey everybody,
    I was following most of this thread as a silent spectator – but I feel I needed to come in and say something.

What my good friend “No Mercy” is saying isn’t that anyone on this forum is doubting Ohad’s outstanding capabilities, but that you shouldn’t be nitt-picky and say that the technique is not effective because his hand is here and not there, or because his hair is coamed to the wrong side and tha telegraphesw his moves…… lol… There are hundreds of ways to react to each threat and testimony for this would be the wide prolofication of martial arts and techniques in all of today’s cultures worldwide. So if Ohad happens to raise his hands to the sides before taking on the gun – it doesn’t make it wrong, just different (and you’ve got to also think about the cultural differences, neither he or his presumed attacker are American). Yes, we still have all the rights in the world to say whatever we feel like saying about anything… jeez!

The reason why, in my opinion, these high kicks he exhibits are not a very good choice of tactics for a combative is because most of us (myself included) do not have that same level of coordination as Ohad does. He started training at age 2 or whatever. So like Jeremy said, teaching and advocating the use of such a move would be useless and will put students in danger. Nevertheless, if you feel comfortable and are profecient enough to kick like that – certainly! use it to your advantage!

Krav Maga is a principle driven system, and one of its guiding principles is aggression… When “No Mercy” says that in Israel we train more on aggression I do not feel that he is completely right. I will not get into too much detail about my friend here but let’s just say that he is comprehensively trained in the Israeli military version of Krav Maga. Such programs are very different than civilian KM, both in Israel and elsewhere. The big difference between civilian and military Krav Maga is that in a military program you need to train soldiers/agents very quickly and do not have time to cover the entire curricullum of KM. Therefore, military programs are shorter and cover the basics with a lot of emphasis on the techniques most relevant to the line of work at hand. So, my friend’s background is in a much more aggressive version of KM that included a lot more elaboration in things his line of work deems more necessary than what you would think…

Now, about the difference b/n Israeli and American KM programs? Not a very big list of differences… and this doesn’t belong on this thread – but let’s just say that you can probably get away with a little more aggressive and violent training in Israel than you could in the States… And this, mara_jade, has very little to do with my country being a “war torn country”, which is a little bit far from the truth…

Remember, CNN doesn’t really reflect reality…

bradm

“If you don’t know 360 defenses, what are you gonna do against an overhead knife stab, for instance.”

So why not put a training knife in the attackers hand once and a while? What would it hurt?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: