Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    progress

Has anyone ever considered a KM symbol/logo tatoo? Lots of KM addicts on the board, would you ever go so far as to paint yourself with the logo?? Just curious….. .it is a neat symbol and a very awesome system!! 😆

lemarteau

I will, when I make black belt. Until then, I’ll remain tat-less.

taikei

old forum

I remember tatoo issue was posted in the old forum, and John pointed out to make sure the copyright mark(circled R) must be scripted too (joke ofcourse).

ryan

\”I will, when I make black belt. Until then, I’ll remain tat-less.\”

Um, aren’t you the one who chastised people for wearing KM apparel? 😕

johnwhitman

There’s a picture that may still be on the \”What’s New\” section of this website (way down) that shows KM Instructor Tom Johnson kneeling down beside a guy he just knocked out in a MMA match. Tom’s KM tattoo is clearly visible on his arm. Very cool.

kravron

So getting a KM logo tatooed on my leg woud not be copywrite infringement? SWEEEETT!

g-v

Hmmm, dunno about that one. I’ve got a few tattoos, but I can’t picture inking a logo on myself. Else, it’s Newcastle beer on my stomach, Old Navy on my back, Levis jeans on my ass, etc. 😆

lemarteau

Ryan sed,

\”Um, aren’t you the one who chastised people for wearing KM apparel?\”

There’s a difference, and you know it.

We have a student at our school who had the logo tattoo’d to his arm. It looks very nice. I believe he did it for his one year anniversary.

markx3

Several people from my school in Denver have Krav tattoos including me and two police officers. We all got ours after we passed a four hour level 4 test last March. Tom Johnson beat our asses so bad we figured we should get something to remember the beating. 🙂 Itís cool to compare tattoos since we all got them from different places.

anonymous

I remember one guy at the NTC who had a Krav tattoo and was very serious about it – he said you should only get one if you truly understand the meaning of it. Hmmm, very dedicated.

I’m dedicated, too, but I don’t think I’d get a tattoo – I don’t really like the idea of having that deadly ink permanently attached to my skin… 🙁 😆

kravmdjeff

Interesting that we’re talking about tattooing a Hebrew symbol to bodies, when conservative Judaism doesn’t really condone tattoos at all. Anyone who wanted a Jewish burial would have to have it cut off first.

Irony abounds.

ffdo

The KMAA symbol is as much American as it is Hebrew. And for the record, there were a LOT of Israeli women walking around the holy land with the small of the back tats. (God they have beautiful women there.)

I will get one when I become an instructor, but like the idea….

JC

kravmdjeff

As my Israeli friends have said, there’s a large difference between Israeli and Jewish individuals.

rich-f

I used to be really against jews getting tattoos and then I met my wife who has alot ot skin art. She has a Hamsa surrounded by the words for Peace in Arabic and Hebrew. You would be amazed how many Jews and Muslims have come up to us to show us their art. So many Israelis with art on their skins have approached us that we have lost count. There are even tattoo shops in Israel. In addition, there are several countries in the world where Jews use Henna Tattoo Art as part of Wedding Rituals.
    That being said, there is a time and place to display \”Jewish\” symbols because of anti-semitism. A long sleeve shirt (to cover the tattoo) is a good thing to have when travelling to unfamiliar places.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: