Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    rich-f

No Comment.

I think this topic is over.

I love my wife’s beauitful tattoo of a Hamsa and the hebrew and arabic words for PEACE around it. It would be nice if religious jews in America did not look away in disgust or to shun her when they see the tattoo. How can a Hamsa and the word Shalom not be Jewish?

kravmdjeff

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

But don’t the souls ascend to heaven and then get to meet Jesus there? And what if he’s coming from the West this time?

\”anything that could be considered markings of devotion to a deity that is not the Israelite God.\”

Would that include portraits of my Krav instructors? 😉

Just for the sake of consistency, in the Gospel of Mark, it says that Jesus will be coming from the East. Again, I re-iterate that no official denomination that i know had this as an instituted practice…only the folk religion (oddly enough, especially in the unsettled Old West of America).

kravmdjeff

Interesting that tattoos are just as controversial it seems in the Jewish community as in some sectors of the Christian. I apologize if my inquiries created needless heated argument.

bar-el
    quote :

Sounds like an excuse to put Jews into \”classes\” with the value of a non observant jew being of less value than an observant male jew.

I don’t understand. You made a comment about not participating in the mandatory service in the IDF. I refuted your claim and now I am making excuses?

ArutzSheva http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=93547
    \”IDF paratrooper David Markowitz, a student of the Hesder yeshiva in Mitzpeh Ramon, became a national hero for a day on Tuesday when he killed four Hizbullah terrorists with one gun burst…..
    …A resident of the small town of Gimzo in central Israel, Markowitz serves in the army in the framework of Hesder, which literally means \”arrangement.\” It provides for five years of alternating periods of yeshiva study and combat army service.

The Hesder yeshivot, which are widely known for their highly-motivated and skilled soldiers… \”

I’m sorry your wife feels that she has been shunned and that religious Jews look away. It may be from their point of view she has disregarded their 3,500 year old beliefs. If that is their belief of what she has done, then there needs to be some understanding on both sides of this issue. If you want the religious to respect your beliefs, then you need to respect theirs as well.

I involved myself in this thread at the very beginning because there was a comment made about cremation. I felt I needed to teach people of traditional religious Jewish values so they would not make such comments in a nonchalant fashion. I believe Judaism is not a religion that we can pick and choose which pieces we want to follow and which ones we don’t. Others disagree. Thats fine, this is America and you can believe what you want, I just don’t want people getting the wrong idea about my religion based on what other people do. Just like I don’t want people getting any wrong ideas based on my beliefs and then applying it to all Jews. We are ambassadors of our nation and as such we have a great responsibility.

g-v

Needless heated arguments, teaching and preaching, topic is over declarations. 🙄 Boys, boys…take it easy. It’s just a message board, all we do here is have needless discussions.

In any case, it was fun chatting with you, Bar. I’d continue the conversation, but I’ve suddently developed a fear of hurting other poster’s feelings, or worse, boring somebody. 😆

eddie-c

I thought this was about tattoos….How did it turn into a religious debate?

I’ll tell ya what, I’d much rather have a thread posting pics of peoples Krav tats. I have to say that threads like this, and KM in general, at times have a tendency to alienate non-jews…

Gets frustrating at times…

tough-girl

I, however, have appreciated the turn this thread took. I’ve read it more as education (particularly the IDF Hesder yeshivot…I had no idea) than as debate. It’s nice reading things like this outside of a strictly religious forum, as other views are being not just respected, but expected, as well.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Eddie C.\:

I have to say that threads like this, and KM in general, at times have a tendency to alienate non-jews…

Gets frustrating at times…

What was so alienating about this thread? A non-jew could just as easily enter this discussion.

lor

Re:

\”I’ll tell ya what, I’d much rather have a thread posting pics of peoples Krav tats.\”

Even better, tattoos in general. I love to see what people choose, and I’m always curious about the story behind it.

d-yellow

km tat

ive been doing krav on and off fer a few years,im so proud of my accomplishments that after i advanced to level 2 i got the km tat on the back of my neck and am very proud of it 😈

lor

Let’s see it! 🙂

leftie79

Yeah, can you post a pic of it, or at least a link? I would like to see what it looks like. 🙂

canuck

tattoo

i have a krav maga tattoo on my left shoulder. it is a red krav logo with a black circle around it. it is i think 4 or 5\” in diameter. anyway. i like it. michael margolin and AJ saw it when they conducted my phase A in philly.

sped

pics?

Does anyone have any pics of these tats, I would love to see what the hamasa(sp?) one with peace written actually looks like. Or a picture of it online somewhere?

njl

all politics aside… after I make it into level 3, i’m probably going to treat myself to a nice tatoo…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: