Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    leftie79

I have no desire to get a tattoo. I think if I ever got a tattoo, it would have to have meaning and not just some design on my arm, leg, back etc. If I ever did decide to get a tat of the KM symbol, it would be when I recevied my black belt (that won’t be for a long time) because I would look at it and say, \”I went through a lot to deserve this.\” JMO.

g-v

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

Interesting that we’re talking about tattooing a Hebrew symbol to bodies, when conservative Judaism doesn’t really condone tattoos at all. Anyone who wanted a Jewish burial would have to have it cut off first.

What if you’re cremated? 😉

G.V. – yeah, mmm hmmm…love your Office Space avatar!

bar-el

Jews are not suppose to be cremated either.

Also the Hebrew letters are considered to be the Holy Tongue and therefore they also have spiritual meaning, not just usefulness as a form of communication. The letters also have a numerical value and depending on if you believe in numerology, the numeric value of the letters could actually mean something.

All this being said, I have also met many secular Israelis who have tattoos. I have never met a religious Jew who had one except for holocaust survivors and that type of tattoo was not by choice so they are excused from any negative religious connotations.

g-v

Re:

Lil Looper, have you seen my stapler? 😉 I love that film.

About this thing with Jews, tattoos, burials…If you’re an inked jew, you CAN be buried in a jewish cemetary. Ask a rabbi, people.

anonymous

Wow, spiritual meaning, numerology… I’m not even Jewish, but I’m starting to get apprehensive about ever getting a Krav tattoo… 😉

g-v

Re:

Well then, I guess GKiller ain’t interested in a jewish burial.
    Go for broke, man…get a full sleeve. 😆

anonymous

Hey, maybe I could tattoo portraits of my Krav instructors onto my arm. That way I wouldn’t have to worry about the numerology thing. I’d be getting Darren, John, Amir, Jarret, Imi of course – and they’d all be so proud, they’d shower me with lots of special attention during class! 😀 😉

eddie-c

I have been toying with the idea of getting a KM tat…I became a Force Training Division instructor, and have been doing it for over a year…

I get my tattoos for the significance it has for me…I wouldn’t worry about numerology or burial…I like the Krav mindset and ethos and the positive impact it had on my life (healthier lifestyle, made me quit smoking)…

leftie79

Re:

quote \”Little-Looper\:

G.V. – yeah, mmm hmmm…love your Office Space avatar!

I got it now. I love it too. When I first saw it I was wondering what the heck it was. Great movie!

bar-el

Maybe I should clarify: Jews aren’t suppose to be tatted up. Nothing against non-Jews getting it done. And perhaps a reform or conservative community would allow a burial for a person with tattoos, but a orthodox community probably would not. I imagine it would be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Also the numerology and spiritual meaning would probably be more profound to people who are interested in Kabalah. Maybe Madonna and Britney could give us a lesson on that.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Bar-El\:

Maybe I should clarify: Jews aren’t suppose to be tatted up.

Uhhh, ok. Being a bit judgemental, aren’t we? 😉

Up until a century ago, jews in many parts of the world weren’t supposed to live outside of segregated ghettos. And yet, that too has changed.

siayn

I think he is referring to Jew-religion not Jew-race.

Religions purposely have self-imposed regulations which (in my opinion) should not change with time.

Now segregating Jews (the race) to the ghetto is something that will change over time.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Siayn\:

I think he is referring to Jew-religion not Jew-race.

Is he? He never specified.

anonymous

Wow, sounds complicated. I think Christians can be buried anywhere, as long as they don’t turn out to be witches…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: