Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Bas Rutten 28 min Workout Series

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    ds314

Re: Bas Rutten 28 min Workout Series

Okay – just finished doing 10 – 2 minute rounds of the Thai cd minus the kicks. I did the knees though. Quality wise I would give myself a 5 out of 10. I think I have the number 1, 2, 3, 4 combos down now. I still have trouble though when he would say for example 3, right straight, left hook, right straight (something like that). Anyways I think I will get it completely within a few weeks. By the end of round two my arms were getting a little heavy. In rounds 8, 9 10 I was getting sloppy because my arms were a little heavy. However I feel that I will be able to add the kicks in very soon. Probably within the week or I maybe able to go to the 3 minute rounds. How many rounds are there in the 3 minute rounds. I assume it’s 7 or 8?

DS314

kmman

Just got the set. Last night I did 8 rounds of the Thai Boxing. I was able to perform all the combos. Excellent workout. I did 8 rounds because I had to go somewhere.

Question, when he calls out “knees” are you changing up different kicks?

This is really the next best thing than being in KM class. At least I wont go backwards when I miss a class now…I HOPE!

ds314

Correction to my last post. In th epost I stated that my arems were getting heavy by the end of round 2. Correction is round 7, not 2.

DS314

ds314

Okay so I felt pretty good yesterday getting through the ten rounds. I didn’t even feel wiped out at the end. However as today progressed my shoulders started getting really tight and sore. When I got home from work I loaded the Thai CD again. By round three I had a hard time keeping my hands up. I ended skipping the latter half of round six and the whole round 7. So apparently took more out of me yesterday then I realized. Have class tomorrow so I will do the Thai CD again on Sunday I guess.

DS314

freelancer

Sounds like your getting a good workout. I rubbed the skin off of my left, index, middle knuckle. I think mostly from the left hooks and probably some bad form when I get tired. Need to tape that sucker up.

kvmorl

Does the DVD mentioned on the set show the moves, combo #, strikes, sprawls ect..?

freelancer

quote kvmorl:

Does the DVD mentioned on the set show the moves, combo #, strikes, sprawls ect..?

Yes there is a video that explains the combos, stance and what each audio portion covers. Bas gives examples of each along with shadow boxing or using a bag etc.

ds314

I moved to the All-Around Workout when I got home from work. Holy guacamole batman. In my opinion if you can get through the All-Around Workout in perfect form you are ready cardio wise. I’m not there yet. At the end where he has you doing the knee-jumps (56 of them) I had to substitute jumping squats for the 56 knee-ups. Plus I skipped a round of push-ups. I guess it’s going to take some time to get to that point.

DS314

kvmorl

For in-between Krav classes do you guys recommend the “All around workout 28min” or the “All around fighting” ?

I’ve been using the all around workout for about 2 weeks, i like it a lot.

ds314

I haven’t tried the All Around Fighting CD yet. I go to Krav three times per week. I work on doing dips, pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups and squats 2 days a weeek now. And I do the All Around Workout CD three times a week. Also if I feel that I did not receive a good enough workout at my Krav class I would do 5-10 rounds of the Thai Boxing after Krav. Tonight was a tuff night at Krav so I did not come home and box. In fact at Krav we did a lot of jumping squats, and jumping lunges in between drills. I want to successfully complete the who All Around Workout CD with good form before I try the Fighting CD. I’m not quite there yet. Definitely should be ready by the end of the month.

DS314

kvmorl

Yes, the fighting workout seems harder but haven’t tried it yet, i still have a tough time finishing the all around workout.

I am confused about what he calls “sprawl”? It’s not on the video DVD, does he mean the leg in with push up stance, left knee in, right knee in….?

ds314

Sprawl – is the same as defense. He demonstrates it on the DVD on the All Around Fighting CD.

DS314

kvmorl

Finally was able to finish the All Around Workout completely . Awesome workout takes your body some time to keep up! Took about 3 weeks.

ds314

Cool. Good job. Keep it up.

DS314

ithos

So I just ordered the set and cant wait to get it.

Just kind of in review

The Thai Boxing is slower than Boxing with combos? I’ve done up to 3 rounds of the Boxing at Krav classes for a warm up a few times and the combos do come fast, but I got them pretty quick.

The All Around Workout is just a crazy intense work out? If so I cant wait…..

And the All Around Fighting, I haven’t seen much mention in the thread, I know I’ll find out in a few days but is it a solo workout or with a partner?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: