Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    jsumm54421

Re: CKM / Moni

Again, my understanding of self defense, martial arts and fighting will not allow me to pass judgement on a particular system. If your system allows this conduct, then I question it’s merit as a serious institution of disipline.

For those who thought CKM was Krav Maga, I suggest you do more research before venturing out into the unknown.

I’ve trained and still train in various systems of self defense and have trained in KMAA for 7 years. I instantly knew that CKM was something different and there was nothing that anyone could tell me. Moni’s words only confirmed what I already knew.

Let’s tell the truth people. No one clearly knows what “is” Krav Maga. The term “KRAV MAGA”, as a self defense system, has NO universal meaning around the world. I see that some will not let CKM out of this debate!

“Will the real Krav Maga please stand up?”

morkravi:
    “the official system of the IDF regular forces and Special Forces is krav maga and only krav maga”

Thank morkravi!

vinman

where’s that former CKM instructor who taught in Australia, he posted here not too long ago…I’m sure he could add to this as well

blindfold

I feel that KravMaga is a term being used by Moni for marketing. As stated moni says that CKM is not KravMaga.

So what does CKM really stand for? I was led to believe that CKM was Commando KravMaga. If this is correct Moni is twisting his very own statement. If it’s not then what does it mean?

As for what I understand, from people I know who have taken class with Moni, they don’t like the way and techniques he teaches. I hold these people with alot of respect and they have been doing KM for about 7 to 10 years or longer. They may have a grasp on the concepts and ideas by now.

Also someone said that they didn’t have access to Moni’s military record to prove or disprove things about it. As far as I know his military record isn’t the question. What he did during his time and who he was with would be questions to answer. I believe it was said in the previous thread that Moni would have been a teen in order to have trained with Imi or something to that affect. I may be wrong, but I do remember something about this.

Hopefully this can all stay civil.

simon

quote jsumm54421:

If your system allows this conduct, then I question it’s merit as a serious institution of disipline.

And if your head instructor continues to perpetrate a lie for the purpose of lining his own pocket theres a lot more things to question then just merit.

eric-joyce

quote Vinman:

where’s that former CKM instructor who taught in Australia, he posted here not too long ago…I’m sure he could add to this as well

Hey Vinman,

Here is a link to the site: http://commandokravmaga.com.au/

I believe the name of the guy is Will McLay.

gadfly

quote jsumm54421:

Again, my understanding of self defense, martial arts and fighting will not allow me to pass judgement on a particular system. If your system allows this conduct, then I question it’s merit as a serious institution of disipline.

You’re being a little sanctimonious here mate. also, Moni for all his talk is actually pretty quick to criticise other arts and particularly other forms of Krav Maga. In my first conversation with him on the phone he told me that his stuff was “a lot more advanced” than the IKMF and IKMA stuff that I’d trained in before. He was also pretty critical of Imi Lichtenfeld. Everybody’s entitled to their opinion but a couple of months ago in a note to CKM instructors he claimed to have “met” Imi in 1974; this was a major step back from previous claims that he’d trained with Imi for a considerable period to re-develop the IDF’s combat system.

I have to say that I agreed with some of Aizik’s critique of Krav Maga but again this is a matter of opinion – what is now pretty damned indisputable is that he changed the name of his judo based system to capitalise on the success of Krav Maga and that he fabricated a creation myth re his IDF fighting and military experience to afford his system some credibility.

To all CKM loyalists I have to ask: if this guy cared about you and was telling the truth, why doesn’t he give you the documentary evidence to back up his claims so you can tell the likes of me where to get off? I’m not asking rhetorically guys, why do you think he leaves you guys to flounder with no cogent argument?

gadfly

Check this link, particularly the posts from “a friend from Israel”

http://commandokravmaga.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=77.msg559;boardseen#new

vinman

quote Gadfly:

Check this link, particularly the posts from “a friend from Israel”

http://commandokravmaga.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=77.msg559;boardseen#new

as the walls come crumbling down…….

blindfold

Anyone that has this many “what if’s” in their history, should have a reality show. Not teaching people to protect themselves.

Every time this name comes up, it is usually followed by claims counter claims or possibly downright erm to quote Churchill “untruths”

Who cares what he claims. We are missing the point.

Can he create a CKM instructor equal to that of the other organisations Krav Maga Instructors he claims parity with. He charges $2000 for 3 days (30 hours). I dont know about KMAA but the IKMF basic course is 23 days and a minimum of 180 hours (seemed like so much longer). Costs around £1700 I think thats $3100.

The reality is no he cant. I have worked a a trainer in various organisations and the bottom line is that if you reduce training time by this much you simply cant compete in terms of quality. Bottom line, all things being equal a CKM instructor will not be as good as an instructor who has trained for say 20 or more days. In other words if you want to learn Krav Maga as a consumer your best bet is to avoid a CKM instructor and go for the real thing. The irony is that his training is also way more expensive than the real thing when you look at it.

His marketing and selling are all based around the unique selling point that this is the stuff taught to Israeli Commandos by vague claims and allusions. The reason for that is in terms of quality, his product cant easily match the international competition so he claims so much extra to justify his hefty fees. Bottom line. Do the real thing and avoid being another Commando Wannabe.

rick-prado

quote somersetkravmaga:

Every time this name comes up, it is usually followed by claims counter claims or possibly downright erm to quote Churchill “untruths”

Who cares what he claims. We are missing the point.

Can he create a CKM instructor equal to that of the other organisations Krav Maga Instructors he claims parity with. He charges $2000 for 3 days (30 hours). I dont know about KMAA but the IKMF basic course is 23 days and a minimum of 180 hours (seemed like so much longer). Costs around £1700 I think thats $3100.

The reality is no he cant. I have worked a a trainer in various organisations and the bottom line is that if you reduce training time by this much you simply cant compete in terms of quality. Bottom line, all things being equal a CKM instructor will not be as good as an instructor who has trained for say 20 or more days. In other words if you want to learn Krav Maga as a consumer your best bet is to avoid a CKM instructor and go for the real thing. The irony is that his training is also way more expensive than the real thing when you look at it.

His marketing and selling are all based around the unique selling point that this is the stuff taught to Israeli Commandos by vague claims and allusions. The reason for that is in terms of quality, his product cant easily match the international competition so he claims so much extra to justify his hefty fees. Bottom line. Do the real thing and avoid being another Commando Wannabe.

I don’t know if it’s me, but my instructor Rick Blitstein, Alan Feldman and Darren attended a 6 week course in Israel 1981, trained 8 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week and and were allowed to teach yellow and green belt. I cannot recall what belt/level they was when they returned.

It seems to me that any other instructor course is watered down in comparison.

Imagine how cool that must have been, learning from Imi, Eyal, Eli Avikzar and a host of old timers.

Wish I could’ve been there.

kevin-mack

they came back as green belts

ryan

“It seems to me that any other instructor course is watered down in comparison.”

Not to compare the two, but currently the KMW course is 7 days, 8-10 hours per day, to teach at yellow belt level. I don’t know of any other current course that is that substantial.

bradm

How much does the KMW course cost? And what are the requirements to attend?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote BradM:

How much does the KMW course cost? And what are the requirements to attend?

Phase A is a few 100 bucks – at least the in house one at NTC was. And it probably cost them about $100 just to put together the manual and materials

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 309 total)
  • The topic ‘Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: